Stroker kit - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stroker kit
Monday, March 03, 2014 3:27 PM
I know back in the day there used to be a stroker kit and it was discontinued. Well Guess what, it is back! YAY!!!!! I know what I am saving for and just wanted to share for those that might not know.
Your text to link here...

Re: Stroker kit
Monday, March 03, 2014 7:58 PM
You joined here just to post that?

Monday, March 03, 2014 9:01 PM
Quote:

. I write to you tonight with so much excitement I don't know if I'll be able to calm down and go to sleep! I tuned the timing and fuel a little on the test car and I free'd up some more power. I have it down in the single digits for 0-60 times and there's still room for improvement! It ran a 9.84 with 1.2 seconds of wheel spin and it still takes nearly a second to shift from first to second for some reason... There's always some acceleration during those times but definitely room for improvement. I really think I can squeeze 8 something 0-60 times out of this bad boy as is. I believe 200hp is going to happen soon!

0-60 in 9.84sec??? For $1700? Impressive!

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Friday, March 07, 2014 2:55 PM
Let's keep in-mind that we're talkin' 'bout mods for the ol' Double-Deuce, which are hard to come by as-is. The fact this is an internal mod that safely increases displacement is a big deal... being how since the last time it was attempted, the results were "less than perfect".

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Friday, March 07, 2014 4:59 PM
That is true, I just found the guys story funny, read the first line again... I know these parts combined with other parts is what will show big gains.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Friday, March 21, 2014 3:14 AM
Yes I did make an account to share this and also show some people that the stroker kit is back. I for one can't wait and I am already looking at buying the bigger throttle body once I get my income tax. I am one that is looking forward to the stoker kits plus other mods before installing the turbo kit.
Tuesday, April 08, 2014 1:31 PM
There is no way that this kit only costs a hair under 2,000 for all those parts.... Add it up.... those rods are expensive!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search