LOOKING FOR SOME HP GAINS AND SOME BETTER MPG - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LOOKING FOR SOME HP GAINS AND SOME BETTER MPG
Friday, March 28, 2014 9:31 PM
I have a 02 cavalier base that I just got,(second cavalier other was in accident or I'd still have it) still came back to the jbody! I was wondering what I can add THAT DONT COST MUCH like I don't want to turbo or anything but I would like like HP gains but good mileage also, car only has 130k (different motor still stock) I was wondering what I could add right now all I got was the cat cut off because it was cluttered and just ran a pipe there , was wondering anything like certain spark plugs and wires what are the best brands I heard NGK are really good and like cold air intakes or anything like that, I know there inst really such thing as fast car good mileage but I want to add some power without killing my mpg!

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,,,,,Torque is how far you take the wall with you

Re: LOOKING FOR SOME HP GAINS AND SOME BETTER MPG
Wednesday, April 02, 2014 11:55 AM
Not spending a lot of money basically brings you down to this: Tune it up with quality replacement parts: plugs, wires, filters. You don't need anything "high performance", just a quality replacement. I recommend sticking with Delco plugs. Comparisons in both physical appearance/size, etc. and performance have shown that many aftermarket replacements don't compare. Many are actually shorter, which puts the electrode out of the sweet spot in the combustion chamber, and hurts performance.

You're not going to get any more HP out of any cheap mods to this engine. If you want MPG increase, step up your tire size just a hair (too much will throw off your speedo)

If you want cheap, just take good care of that engine. It will give you decent MPG and will last for a long time. If you want HP, swap to a DOHC engine or be prepared to spend a lot of money on that one.

Re: LOOKING FOR SOME HP GAINS AND SOME BETTER MPG
Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:03 PM
You could also check out ecomodder.com for mpg gains. Lots of ideas there.

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search