2.2 head/2200 block pushrod question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 head/2200 block pushrod question
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:09 AM
I know the lengths of pushrods r different.... but has anybody swapped the 2.2 head onto a 2200 block... I did over a year ago. It had hella good compression, as was the goal. It did have a problem that I think might have been a pushrod mix up, but not certain. It was very hesitant on load and low rpms.. Im wondering if having the wrong pushrods had something to do with it.. I have to rebuild it overheated so im thinking of upgrading the valvetrain.. compcam springs, 1.65 rockers, and possibly just replacing lifters and pushrods. If my guts right on this one I bet I needed the longer 2200 pushrods in the 2200 block and I probably put the shorter 2.2 ones in... Oh and on a sidenote... before it overheated it lost power but started responding better to throttle without all the hesitation and spitting it had done since it was built... I bet it burnt a valve.. Will find out soon, gonna pull it off today.

Re: 2.2 head/2200 block pushrod question
Thursday, June 26, 2014 4:02 PM
Just use an adjustable pushrod checker to find the length you need especially if u r going with an adjustable valvetrain & miss-matching different year heads with different year blocks. I wouldn't take a guess on a part in the valvetrain. The geometry has to b dead on so you don't go snapping push rods & rockers or flattening a cam lobe. Comp Cams has a pushrod length checker. Thats where I got mine.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search