supercharge or turbo - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
supercharge or turbo
Tuesday, November 04, 2014 7:05 PM
Im looking at a 2004 manual 2.2 ohv cavalier to pick up for $5500 but I wanna know how easy it would be to install or have a turbo or supercharger installed. Along with which ones better to just give it some balls in general. My goal is around 300 hp but I could settle for a little less. Also are any brands in particular better than others when it comes to superchargers and turbo? Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Re: supercharge or turbo
Tuesday, November 04, 2014 7:38 PM
2004 should have the Eco, not the ohv motor in it. Ohv was last offered in 02.

If your set on 300 whp, turbo will get you there much easier than a blower will. I'd recommend browsing the boost forum on here for some advice on what power levels you can expect from different setups.

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 7:51 PM
Ok thanks!
Saturday, January 17, 2015 9:56 PM
strat81 wrote:2004 should have the Eco, not the ohv motor in it. Ohv was last offered in 02.

Wrong! From what I've seen, either '04 or '05 was the final year for the "Double-Deuce".

As for boosting: There are more turbo kits readily available for a J-car/"Double-Deuce" setup than for a blower. The only blower kit for the 'Deuce I've ever seen was for S-truck apps... And it was expensive!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Sunday, January 18, 2015 4:56 AM
Wrong!

The 2.2 ohv or LN2 was last in a j-body in 2002 and later replaced with the 2.2 ecotec engine (l61) in mid/late 02 in the LS Sport models and was the only engine avaiaiable from 03-05
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search