stock internal motor w/ balance shaft delete - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stock internal motor w/ balance shaft delete
Sunday, November 16, 2014 9:31 AM
I know this topic has had the @!#$ kicked out of it for years, and I have read a few treads on it already on the site. I just haven't came across a post on the question I have about it. I have the L61 and running a M62 on it, but I have stock internals and when I go get it dyno tuned I am not getting the rev limiter pushed past stock. So will the balance shaft delete help at all, or should I just hold off on them until I build the motor?

Re: stock internal motor w/ balance shaft delete
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:34 AM
I know someone with the BDK, I'm not mechanically inclined so bear with me, but keep in mind the engine has to be removed, or partially removed to install it, there are bearings pressed into the engine which cannot be removed, and it introduces a LOT of vibration to the entire car...but that being said, it did wake up the engine and make it faster...but it's a big task to get done, hp tuners or getting tuning down to adjust your rev limiter would be a much easier/cheaper solution.

Don't buy from MANTAPART!!
There is no easy ways to get HP, no magic box or gizmo... And if you get more hp, there's no way to make your car still behave and sound like a stock one. More hp usually makes your car louder, more vibrations and harder to drive...but still people hope or think maby there's some magic way to have it all, comfort, stock sound and drive.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 1:29 PM
Jake Boyd wrote:I know this topic has had the @!#$ kicked out of it for years, and I have read a few treads on it already on the site. I just haven't came across a post on the question I have about it. I have the L61 and running a M62 on it, but I have stock internals and when I go get it dyno tuned I am not getting the rev limiter pushed past stock. So will the balance shaft delete help at all, or should I just hold off on them until I build the motor?

A lot of people have installed balance shaft deletes on stock"ish" engines. It will help, but will it make a noticeable difference, probably not. Some claim the engine revs more freely. I'll let an Eco expert answer more.

The delete also does not introduce A LOT of vibrations. In my opinion I would wait till I built the engine.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 4:30 PM
I deleted mine and liked it. I have solid bushings and vibrations were minimal.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:23 AM
I did as well.... vibrations are not bad at all....

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:04 PM
I deleted mine on a stock lk9 motor with the m62. Honestly, I don't think it made any noticeable difference. Not worth it until building IMO.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:48 PM
The difference it makes you wont really see. The difference is still very good and worth it.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:49 PM
Y3llowcav yours downs count you never drove it with then lk9 lol.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search