M45 supercharger idler bracket and injectors - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M45 supercharger idler bracket and injectors
Sunday, November 16, 2014 10:19 AM
I have 01 z24 5speed. I got a m45 kit but its missing the idler pulley and i know gm doesn't make it anymore. That being said do you guys have any ideas of where i can find a similar bracket like from another car or application? i tried doing my research but had no luck. Also I do not have the 310cc injectors, what other injectors can i use that don't require too much work to install, i read that i could get away using cobalt supercharger injectors but that i might run rich..
Any ideas u guys have to help me get the m45 installed

Re: M45 supercharger idler bracket and injectors
Sunday, November 16, 2014 12:45 PM
Have you tried the classifieds on the forum, or make an in search of post on the J-Body classifieds facebook page.
Sunday, November 16, 2014 6:36 PM
Cobalt SS stock injectors are good to use. Would need tuning, but truly if your running the GM charger you need tuning anyways.

Bracket I'm not sure.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 16, 2014 11:11 PM
Yea ima try JBI for sure.
But if anything im going to go with the cobalt ss/s/c 36lbs but would gm re-flash be enough to handle these injectors with a charger pulley of 2.6in since i believe it will increase boost to around 8psi? My budget at the moment is not high so im to save some money from taking it in to get tuned. Do you guys know if the 310cc injectors are 32lbs?
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:54 PM
the 310's are 29.5#.

the cobalt 32's should actually work nicely for you. it will likely run rich at idle but at WOT it should be pretty close. obviously a wideband will tell the tale, which is something you should invest in. you will need to slot the fuel rail bolt holes in order to use the cobalt injectors as they are slightly shorter but this is a pretty easy task.

as for the idler bracket/pulley... honestly, you might want to look into making one yourself. there really isn't much to it. its basically just a rod of steel with a bearing/pulley on the end that bolts to the ac compressor.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search