L61 Head/Deck Shaving ???? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
L61 Head/Deck Shaving ????
Saturday, December 19, 2015 2:51 PM
i know everyone says no do not shave anything without custom made pistons...etc but has anyone successfully taken .010-.020 out per say? i heard from a not very credible website thats the tolerance. help me out guys!!!

Re: L61 Head/Deck Shaving ????
Sunday, December 27, 2015 7:47 AM
What? You compensate what you machine off with a custom-thicker head gasket. Like Cometic which is on our website.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, January 01, 2016 1:18 AM
if you want to raise the compression ratio then you can skim 1mm from the cylinder head, this would give you 11:1

Been done many times over here in England.
Tuesday, January 05, 2016 6:05 PM
The pistons sit ~.017" in the hole so you could deck the block and zero top the pistons for higher compression but you'll need to check your piston to valve clearance.
Be wary of thicker head gaskets as they can lead to screwing up the chambers squish volume which can lead to knock.

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Friday, January 22, 2016 2:38 AM
have done .030 no issues Felpro head gasket

97cavalier
Friday, January 22, 2016 6:03 AM
I took off .040 from the head, stock lsj gasket, no problems.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search