Leveling System for 1995 Riviera (3.8L, V6, Superhcarged) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Leveling System for 1995 Riviera (3.8L, V6, Superhcarged)
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:03 PM
Hello: I'm new to the site and would really appreciate some help with a problem I've recently been having with my 1995 Buick Riviera, 3.8 L, V6, Supercharged engine. Keep in mind I'm not too mechanically inclined.
I had a new battery installed last fall at the dealership and from time to time and more frequently lately, the car is having struggles when I go to start it. It sometimes requires a boost or it barely turns over before kicking in and starting.

I was told by a representative at the dealership, before these frequent starting problems began, that this model has a "leveling system" which kicks in when the car is shut off to level out the rear end suspension, etc.
For over a year now, when I shut the car off, the leveling system continues to run, evident by a loud noise sounding like something is running, for up to five minutes or so.
When dealership rep heard the sound, he attributed it to a leak in the leveling system itself.

So my question is could this ongoing action by the leveling system be drawing current from my battery and if so, do I require the leveling system to be able to continue to drive the vehicle?
If not and there is a fuse for it, I was thinking of removing the fuse to eliminate the system altogether to allow the car to start without issues.
Lastly, if the leveling system does in fact have a fuse, does anyone know where it's located and what it may be labelled as?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with my query and thanks.

Re: Leveling System for 1995 Riviera (3.8L, V6, Superhcarged)
Monday, June 10, 2019 9:44 AM
You would probably be better off asking this on a Riviera forum or FB page. Not sure how many J-body guys also own G platform Riv's. I got a Supercharged series 3 W body, but no leveling system, so I'm no help either.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search