2021 - Time for a new LN2 Build - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2021 - Time for a new LN2 Build
Friday, March 05, 2021 4:56 PM
Hey guys, so I picked up an '01 Cavalier motor for $150 delivered to my house. It's in great shape. Going to tear her down and do a performance build.

I know there are tons of threads to get advice on building the engine, but my main problem is trying to source parts. If anyone has a line on parts or some laying around they'd like to sell, I sure would appreciate it.

So far I've got some Eagle rods that I bought unused from a guy on S10forum. This engine will be going into a 1995 S10 with a T5 transmission, using Megasquirt3 for engine management. I plan on going all out with that, 60-2 crank trigger, coil on plug, drive by wire (with Ecotech TB), even VVT if I can figure out how to adapt the cam phaser and sensor onto the 2.2L cam gear and timing cover.

Some pics...

Re: 2021 - Time for a new LN2 Build
Monday, July 19, 2021 6:39 AM
Any update on this build?
Friday, August 06, 2021 4:06 PM
Still gathering parts. I should have my stage 3 cam soon. Need to contact Wiseco to see if I can still get the flat top pistons from them.
Friday, June 24, 2022 5:38 PM
My block is at the machine shop currently.

ARP head studs
ARP main studs
Eagle H beam rods
Wiseco flat top pistons
Melling M98 oil pump
Web Cam stage 3 camshaft
7500RPM lifters
aluminum lifter retainers
1mm o/s intake valves
Titanium valve retainers
New GM valve cover
New GM timing cover

Need to get:
1mm o/s exhaust valves
titanium valve locks
Cometic head gasket
ARP fasteners for almost everything
oil pan
rock arms
push rods

Maybe:
Bronze valve guides

Plan on going to a sealed cooling system, going to try to shoehorn a Cobalt radiator into the support, run the heater lines to a surge tank instead of a heater core. HVAC is being pulled.
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 5:54 PM
Nice to see another Turbo LN2 build. I still have parts from my old build if you need something. I have the RD fabs tubular manifold, downpipe, sheet metal valve cover and a few other misc. pieces.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Sunday, September 04, 2022 1:01 PM
Hello,

This is totally random, but curious what all youve got from the old 2.2 turbo build? As long as pricing isnt crazy I want the valve cover, would like to pick up another turbo header also as the one we have now got modified somewhere before we got it.

Let me know, search 2.2 turbo Beretta on youtube and you'll find the car. Totally not affiliated with the original poster, just got lucky seeing this.

Thanks for your time,

Kurt in Iowa

Saturday, January 14, 2023 5:43 PM
No turbo here. Still working on getting parts, lol. I finally got valve springs good for 8k+ RPM, along with locators. Using 94-97 viton valve stem seals.

Trying to get 11:1 compression out of it. Hopefully that and the cam will get me close to 200hp at the flywheel.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search