Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 46 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:10 PM
I know that feeling. all the little stuff adds up, plus if I had a fun little dd like the mazda I'd most likely hold off for warmer weather.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:28 AM
JUCNBST wrote:I know that feeling. all the little stuff adds up, plus if I had a fun little dd like the mazda I'd most likely hold off for warmer weather.

light weight + short wheel base + RWD + summer tires = TERRIFYING in the snow

I have no signiture
Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:25 PM
Whalesac wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:I know that feeling. all the little stuff adds up, plus if I had a fun little dd like the mazda I'd most likely hold off for warmer weather.

light weight + short wheel base + RWD + summer tires = TERRIFYING in the snow

That's why I have snow tires on my GXP Solstice

Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:37 PM
Had no idea you had a GXP Solstice, when did you get that?

Dave

Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:25 AM
Bout 6 weeks ago.
So yeah, I own two turbo ecotecs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:25 AM

Saturday, March 03, 2012 9:51 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:So yeah, I own two turbo ecotecs.

nothing wrong with that.

I have no signiture
Saturday, March 03, 2012 4:14 PM
blackbirdracing wrote:Bout 6 weeks ago.
So yeah, I own two turbo ecotecs.

good news is, ryan can tune a solstice without a wideband even ask DTP

Saturday, March 03, 2012 7:23 PM
Because the solstice has a wideband stock...

Saturday, March 03, 2012 7:47 PM
Gauge and all? Didnt know that. Ryan is very good at tuning them without much work at all. Woke DTP's up heavily

Monday, March 05, 2012 5:26 AM
No gauge. But with my torque app on my phone I can has a gauge.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 12:30 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Gauge and all? Didnt know that. Ryan is very good at tuning them without much work at all. Woke DTP's up heavily

You don't tune with a gauge anyways, Vince. You tune from the data-logging. The gauge is only there as a safety measure for the driver when things go wrong after the tune.

I have no signiture

Thursday, March 08, 2012 2:49 PM
Whalesac wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Gauge and all? Didnt know that. Ryan is very good at tuning them without much work at all. Woke DTP's up heavily

You don't tune with a gauge anyways, Vince. You tune from the data-logging. The gauge is only there as a safety measure for the driver when things go wrong after the tune.

my point was that he can tune them just by plugging his laptop in, writing the tune, get out of the car. send you on your way. easy as can be.

The reason i said tune with the gauge, when he logs, he taps into the gauge through hpt to log it.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:16 PM
^^^ Correct...I thought maybe you misunderstood the situation with Travis's Solstice.

My bad

I have no signiture
Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:56 PM
So its starting to get nicer out again we should do something. Anyways Ill just leave these photos here, getting ready to lay down some fleece/resin and glass it.

Dave

Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:18 PM
looking good david, any updates on your cluster project?

Friday, April 27, 2012 10:32 AM
I got my cluster wrapped in fleece and i resined it. The shape on it is coming out nicely so far I think. Hopefully I be able to get around to glassing it this weekend or over the week, schools starting to get super busy with finals and stuff coming up.

Dave

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:24 PM
David just a little tip since I ran into cracks over time with mine, you'll want to add more glass over a larger area. Basically having it go down the sides if the radio and into the arc around the cluster otherwise your going to endup with cracks around the areas you glass'd already. I still need to redo mine but when the cluster bezal flexes it will be spread out over a larger area and less prone to separating on the curved plasic surfaces.

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 10:07 AM
Thanks for the tip Jeff, another thing I read and did was to drill holes into the plastic to helps to cut down on it cracks from temperature changes. It allows the resin to seep through to the other side and make it stronger. I still have yet to lay down the glass been real busy with school. Also I decided that Im going to color math it to my car as well. Reason Im doing this is once I finish this project Im going to take out those big crappy looking fabric inserts in the door panels and glass those and color match them to the car as well. Saw a car like that and I really liked the look of it. Besides the seats that Im looking at getting have a silver trim around them that looks like a perfect match as well.

Looking at the Sparco R100's.

Dave

Sunday, June 17, 2012 11:00 AM
Just some progress/update pics on my bezel. All the glassing is done and I did some sanding on the fiberglass to smooth it out a bit before I hit it with the bondo which is what I am doing next.

Dave

Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:17 PM
Looks like your making Progress Dave but what are you sanding with? If you don't already have some foam sanding blocks that auto body guys use, pick some up as it will allow you to get a flatter surface.

Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:37 PM
Ive been sanding with my dremel sanding drum. When I did the glass I layed it on thick so it was pretty rough after that so I used the dremel to clean it up before hand sanding and i did pick up three different grits of the foam sanding blocks.

Dave

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:34 PM
Nice David. Looks like its coming along! Hows everyone doing lately?? We need a new meet this summer, or two. So what days you guys wanna do this?? I havent done anything new to the vert lately, as my sites have been on my yellow car. 5 speed swap, with saab turbo setup is going in. I have a 04 parts car that im parting out, if anyone needs anything, hopefully I have it, ill be willing to sell it for stupid cheap. Im keeping the engine and trans since its a 5 speed. I gotta pull the motor out of it then get it ready to install into the yellow car. I got a almost complete air ride setup, but I need bushings for it for the rear, harder then I thought. Nothing too bad tho. Other then that, hows it going everyone??!!! Lets get this going!!!!!

Monday, June 18, 2012 10:38 PM
I've been spending my spre cash on making my 95 dakota sport a reliable dd and having fun with te 5.9 swap. If your interested I got abuild thread in other cars if your curious. The cavi has all the trbo parts sitting and I need to light a fire under my machineshop's ass to finish my short block....Other than that I'm just messing around with my tig welder in my free time.

How's the auto shop going Mike? I saw a cav with that ugly hood you like the other day and made me wonder what you've been up to. Any meets for me would have to be a Saturday deal because of work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 18, 2012 10:43 PM

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:04 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I've been spending my spre cash on making my 95 dakota sport a reliable dd and having fun with te 5.9 swap. If your interested I got abuild thread in other cars if your curious. The cavi has all the trbo parts sitting and I need to light a fire under my machineshop's ass to finish my short block....Other than that I'm just messing around with my tig welder in my free time.

How's the auto shop going Mike? I saw a cav with that ugly hood you like the other day and made me wonder what you've been up to. Any meets for me would have to be a Saturday deal because of work.

Hahaha, thanks, that ugly hood. Well, I left the shop since I got into a argument with the other shop owner and was blamed for something I didnt do, so I thought it was best for me to leave. I have been gone from there for quite a while now. I dont have any hard feelings as I still have the shop banner on my car. And my yellow car is still there so Im not worried. Other then that I have been working on stripping my parts car. I do want to know tho, anyone know if the white pivot on the shifter assy because I broke that trying to remove the cables from the shifter. I am just widdling away at my project but alot of it has been put on hold due to my upcoming wedding in aug.

But we def need a meet, and saturday works fine. So lets make this happen!!!!!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:17 PM
Saturday won't work for me since I have work till 4. But I am trying to make each Green Street Cruise Night this year on monday nights. So far I'm two for two. Pics so far from the two weeks. I generally try to be there between 4 and 5, but do work on getting there earlier. So if anyone wants to join me let me know since my schedule changes from week to week.

But yeah, we need a meet. And wee need one soon. I don't want to see the same as two years ago. So come on guys, lets some ideas.

Oh and Mike, could possibly use the rear axle for a brake swap I'm working on. But it's up in the air atm as I'm still working on other parts.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search