if anyone in my area needs car audio - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
if anyone in my area needs car audio
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:17 PM
Refer to this thread for the basic idea of what I'm now doing:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=166798&t=166798

I will always do installs out of my garage, and tune amps etc. But now that I am authorized to sell locally and on some forums, I want to get some product out there. Posting this up in the Mid-Central forum because I am doing local sales as well as forum sales, and I'm sure a few of you are close to me. If you are not local, warranties go straight through my dealer(He is THE North American contact for warranty claim on the majority of these brands... You aren't allowed to talk to the manufacturer, because he is here. Yes that means full factory warranty from an authorized dealer on everything you buy through me). BUT, if you are local to me, I can asses and handle warranty claims in person. Obviously this still includes shipping time if things need to be replaced, but I do all the contact work for ya, and can check things out and troubleshoot in person.

Thanks for your time, and hope I can help.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Re: if anyone in my area needs car audio
Friday, January 28, 2011 8:28 AM
No replies... I'll take that as a "probably not" lol

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, January 28, 2011 6:27 PM
just gotta give it time, i'm sure many people are still focused on the coldass weather rather than an awesome system
Friday, January 28, 2011 7:29 PM
^^ lol i hear that.

dustin- i do have something id like fixed in my beretta... new-ish kenwood deck, quality wires etc, mtx amps, rockford subs, yada yada, etc, etc.... has this rather loud and annoying feedback noise that goes away in like 3 secnds but jeas.. it sucks. now, i had it before and now even after i installed a stinger ground loop isolator so its something else.

any thoughts?

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Friday, January 28, 2011 7:55 PM
is it your speakers getting a loud hit of power on power up, the usual "thump" when turning it on?

Saturday, January 29, 2011 1:30 PM
yes, happens at start up. but if you start the car then shut it off then start it again it wont do it the second time. only the first.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:01 PM
so it's 3 seconds of noise only on start up, not a thump on start up and shut off?

Sunday, January 30, 2011 7:51 AM
yeah i think that about sums it up.. 3 second loud burst of what seems like ground loop noise. its definitely high freq.

Monday, February 07, 2011 5:13 PM
have you tried eliminating things like unplugging this and that one at a time? I guess it would be tough if it doesn't do it every single time, but try disconnecting your RCA's at the amp and then turning the car on to see if it does it or not. That's the first place I would check. The signal from the head unit. Next thing I would think is the amp. Are all speakers amped?

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 12:07 PM
all speakers except the upper tweeters, i have them ran through the deck.

but yeah, i havent tried doing one wire at a time etc, far too cold right now LOL maybe when it warms up...

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 5:07 PM
haha yeah troubleshooting car @!#$ isn't fun in winter when the garage isn't heated lol.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 5:51 PM
JL if i ever find a motor for my sunfire and get it up and runnin i'll remember to hit you up for some car audio, last time i had it done everything looked like hell with wires and bs everywhere..
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:45 PM
Definitely get in touch, CB is just across the river(And we want to keep it that way! lol). What is wrong with your fire right now?

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:26 AM
Looking for a cheap AMP to power one 12" JL w3 v2 d2

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:19 PM
I don't sell cheap . But I should be able to get you a good price on a rainbow 2.400 that will do perfect for that sub

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 8:45 PM
Alright I'm home and at my price chart, and I could do the Rainbow iPaul 2.400 for $330.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:19 AM
the motor blew up so im looking for a new one right now
Friday, February 11, 2011 1:40 AM
If you can get your hands on some Band and Olufsen equipment.... we can talk

I ended up with an old Alpine MRA-D550 with Digital Fiber Optic Inputs (Fiber Optic = no ground noise like brad is suffering from).
Entasi 12" woofer (Know anybody else in Omaha with any Entasi gear? I bet i'm the only one!)

Anyways, Don't be scared of Dustin... he knows what he is doing

Friday, February 11, 2011 1:40 AM
Blah... no such thing as band... Bang and Olufsen... it's late or ah early.

Friday, February 11, 2011 7:25 AM
i was wondering if you could do the digital inputs for audio now a days... it cleaned up my home theature system a bunch, i can only imagine the way it would help my setup.

rcas= thing of the past, f em!

Friday, February 11, 2011 8:27 AM
Sorry but ground noise can be remedied without going to optical lol. Not that its better, but rca interconnects aren't the end of the world and yes, quality ones do make a difference.

Anyway, steve sorry can't help you there. Tru, genesis, celestra, morel, zapco, rainbow, dynaudio, micro precision, motus, all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:50 AM
well its a trade i have to pawn off to noise suppessors because i cant ever seem to ditch ground loop noise. i always use quality components and hardware and run the wires nicely so i dont get it.

Friday, February 11, 2011 11:11 AM
Odd that you keep getting noise with good cables and equipment. Is there any part of these systems that is constant(same amp, head unit etc)?

Friday, February 11, 2011 4:16 PM
What deck are you using Brad? On quite a few of the Pioneer Premier decks you have to ground out the rca outputs. It's not the Interconnects that cause the problem, it's the actually head unit was poorly grounded and causes noise.

Had to do the same thing with my Directed HD Radio setup.

Bang and Olufsen provided the surround sound setups for the new Aston Martins, the New Audi A8s, the AMG Mercedes and the new BMW M5.

Expensive, expensive stuff.

Friday, February 11, 2011 5:26 PM
You realize those companies also use Micro Precision and Dynaudio, too right? You'd be surprised how expensive of equipment I can get you into... but yeah Bang and Olufsen is not one of the brands. BTW, the interior of the new A8 is insanely comfortable, luxurious and nice... but for $100K+ It should be lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search