Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!! - Page 53 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hey Illinois People, Looking To Get A Meet Going!!
Friday, May 03, 2013 8:11 PM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:
Rebel Racer wrote:The meet I made it to with some of you guys was at the east end of that forest preserve, not at the "popular" west end which is a different entrance. Here's a link to the east spot

Just wanted to drop-in and say that I do watch the email notifications for meets, I can't make a May 11th meet due to a good friends college graduation party that day. If the JBO date changes though, I'll be keeping tabs and may hobble my crippled ass over there (long story - but I broke, more like shattered, my right ankle in a car accident last Nov 11th & am still recuperating - slowly getting better, though)

This is the correct spot. Thanks Rebel!!

Yeah the date is tentative. So it is subject to change. I am looking forward to a meet! That month tho for me, is pretty filled up. I have two camping trips with our new trailer, my neices bday, and just random things to get done. I can pretty much do it on the 11th. We might be able to swing another date but for now we will keep it at what it is unle too many people cant come and it becomes a two person meet, lol.

The Link is the spot in busse woods. Just set ur google maps to there, and it will give u the directions.

Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:04 AM
Have fun at the meet guys! Hopefully Ill be able to make the next one.

Dave

Monday, May 06, 2013 9:59 AM
David, Thanks man. Congrants on your graduation too!!! Thats awsome!

Welp, its this saturday, and so far the weather looks to be decent. Hopefully it stays that way.

I spoke to my buddy yesterday and we were not able to get to my car and get it tuned. But I did tell him I had a meet this saturday, and I needed the car back by then. He assured me it will either be wednesday or thursday. So, ill have my car back, but god, I cant wait!!! Other then that, today im pulling my Pop-up camper out of the spot its in, and going to be doing some rust clear up on the frame. Nothign major all surface, but it is a 99, so I want to make sure it is taken care of (I bought it a few months ago) and I might be updating the lights to LED on it soon too. Not sure how I want to go about doing it tho. I have to take it camping the weekend of the 17th and the weekend of the 25th so I want to spruce it up a little bit, especially since my wifes family will be looking it over pretty hard on the 25th since its my first camper, and our first big purchase as a married couple. Other then that, what is everyone else up too?

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:09 PM
the meet is this saturday, we still looking good for.the people whom are coming??

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:40 PM
So far I'm still good to make it.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:29 AM
Saturdays a busy day for us, Gotta do some plasti dip, suspension and tires on my boyfriends car, Unfortunately not going to be able to make it

Get Wrecked
Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:42 AM
GIRLSp33d-Z wrote:Saturdays a busy day for us, Gotta do some plasti dip, suspension and tires on my boyfriends car, Unfortunately not going to be able to make it

LIES!!! Just dont want to hang out with us Illinois Folk. We get it. LOL J/k. Have fun!!

As for the people whom are suppose to show up, can we get a roll-call of sorts, so we know. THis way we can figure if its worth the time to go out or not.

Me (mike AKA Sneezy)
Macktruck84

Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:55 AM
It looks like I may be able to stop by for an hour or two if it starts at 2. My friend ran out of tickets for the graduation ceremony, so I'll be joining them afterwards...
Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:49 AM
Ill be there for a few hours also.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:02 AM
Just gonna change a fuel filter in the morning...unless something weird happens I'll be there
Hope you dont mind me adding in the last two coming:

Me (mike AKA Sneezy)
Macktruck84
Rebel Racer
Rare5spd
Luke C

Friday, May 10, 2013 9:56 AM
Luke C wrote:Just gonna change a fuel filter in the morning...unless something weird happens I'll be there
Hope you dont mind me adding in the last two coming:

Me (mike AKA Sneezy)
Macktruck84
Rebel Racer
Rare5spd
Luke C

Okay. This might not end up being bad afterall. Now does anyone want to actually BBQ or just hang out. Im going to bring some soda but I cant do much more then that bc funds are tighter then a whales butthole right now. But I can bring a case of pepsi. If nothing more we will at least have soda to drink and BS around with.

In other news, I got my car back from the tuner yesterday. But its not 100% tuned, at least not for WOT pulls. So I can boost, but just a little bit bc the car he had on the dyno before me, that PCM bricked. So either it died on the dyno, or it shorted out. Either way since he was hooking me up with the tune, he didnt want to push that car off the dyno, pull mine on, tune it fully, and push that one back on. So he did some basic lot tuning, drove it around, boosted it while keeping a eye on his laptop, and verything seemed to run pretty good according to him, but he doesnt want to tune WOT yet until I get a wideband O2 installed so he can read the stats in real time vs relying on my o2's which I think I have a lazy one anyways. So its ok. The tune seems solid right now, but he doesnt want me to beat on it yet. So its driveavble for now, no stumbling nothing. He got it into boost real quick and he said it seemed to hold nicely, and the numbers were good. So, hopefully everything is working the way it suppose to be I cant wait till I can get it tuned for WOT. I want to run it so bad now, heheheheh.

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:37 PM
I do have a Weber Smokey Joe if anyone feels like BBQing. Just need charcoal and such.

Friday, May 10, 2013 4:14 PM
I could bring a platter of turkey wraps they have at Costco. They're just turkey, mayo, tomatoe, lettuce in a burrito wrap shell. Let me know.

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:51 PM
luke, thats fine. Something is always better then nothing! see yiu guys tmo!! I cannot wait!!!

Friday, May 10, 2013 7:24 PM
Sounds good...looks like we'll have some food and drinks... See you guys tomorrow

Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:11 AM
For anybody that happens to see this, I'm heading down now and I've got a green & silver full-size Blazer. I might be the first one there lol
Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:21 AM
I will be heading there in 10 to 15 minutes.

Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:32 PM
Good meet guys...I enjoyed it

Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:37 PM
It was a fun time, if a bit chilly & windy lol. Since we were talking vanity plates, I saw a good plate on the way home btw "I APX L 8" on an Audi.
Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:28 PM
Ya abit chilly. What's the APX stabd for? And on my way home I had a guy with his girl bumping rap music in a early 2000 style ford taurus with a faded primered hood try and race me haha

Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:35 AM
It means "I apex late" - a racing term for taking the corner/curve deep

Monday, May 13, 2013 9:39 AM
Yeah it was fun. Hopefull the next one will be alot nicer and warmer. And with alot more people!

Now onto Buisness!

JUNE 22ND At Busse woods, J-body meet, 2pm. BBQ, and cars, can we ask for anything more?!?!

Lets do this people!!! This weekends meet was cool, but more people need to make it out!! Lets Rep the Illinois Jbody community!! What you guys think??? Post up and let us know!!

Monday, May 13, 2013 10:22 AM
Mike Z A.K.A SNEEZY wrote:JUNE 22ND At Busse woods, J-body meet, 2pm. BBQ, and cars, can we ask for anything more?!?!

Yes we can, More Cars! Heheh, yeah, so far the date works for me.

Monday, May 13, 2013 10:27 AM
Should work for me

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:56 PM
Can't wait until June 22.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search