Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 239 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Friday, March 11, 2011 9:00 PM
damn, i bet ur back hurts!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing

Friday, March 11, 2011 9:10 PM
Brad you dumbass....okay I LOLed.
Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:22 AM
No...been workking. Out for the strong man competition. Walked over and was like I could prolly lift this

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Saturday, March 12, 2011 8:25 AM
hahahaha sorry, i was tired!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:56 PM
Rockfest may 13th 6 bands ten bux..... stone sour seethed 10 years hollywood undead escape the fate my darkest days and screaming for silence

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:06 AM
Where's everybody at?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:11 PM
You seen the weather this week? Everyone probably got off their asses to enjoy it.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, March 18, 2011 8:57 AM
I been busy Prepping my SS body kit . Got my car computer in and running 5.1 surround sound in the car. Replaced my rare entasi woofer with a 10" Morel Ultimo. Amazing amazing woofer.

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:16 AM
Your rediculous

Friday, March 18, 2011 1:09 PM
And u didn't come to me for the ultimo? Tisk tisk lol

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, March 18, 2011 3:55 PM
i gotta be honest... these off the wall brand stereo items you and dustin run dumbfound me.

now im not saying they arent great, i just have never heard of ANY of them LOL

so whats the deal? im used to rockford, mtx, jl, alpine, pioneer, sony, kenwood, JVC, etc.... are they junk or what?

Friday, March 18, 2011 8:34 PM
It doesn't take much to build a subwoofer. So some companies make them at an acceptBle quality and spend the rest of that R&R money on marketing. Then there are companies that dump hour upon hours to get the ts parameters perfect and less mOney on marketing. Morel has been around for quite awhile. They started off by copying Dayton sound stuff but doubling the price. The ultimo is honestly one of those drivers that is like the one hit wonder. It's like hyundai and the genesis turbo lol.

Next on the list is boost though. I screwed the carrier bearing from hitting a pothole nd being lowered 3 inches. Anybody know a good place to have a new transmission built? I want to run 350hp and don't trust the tranny

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:30 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i gotta be honest... these off the wall brand stereo items you and dustin run dumbfound me.

now im not saying they arent great, i just have never heard of ANY of them LOL

so whats the deal? im used to rockford, mtx, jl, alpine, pioneer, sony, kenwood, JVC, etc.... are they junk or what?

Steve basically said it. You don't hear about these brands until you get serious about things simply because they don't go out of their way to sell to everyone. They make amazing products that are the results of a lot of time and money going into R&D, not marketing. You can't buy Rainbow, Morel, Dynaudio, Celestra, Tru etc. in every store out there, because every average Joe can't afford it, so why would they put the product in places it wont sell.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:02 AM
Dustin... See what your supplier gets for an actual ultimo not the SC

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:16 PM
What he gets? What I get? What I pay? or what he pays? lol. There are differences

And what size? Also, since Rainbow is the only company I personally have all dealer pricing on(because I sell them most, unless someone requests a different brand that I can get), I need to ask directly about Morel pricing... and he's down at Spring Break Nationals sitting in a booth lol. So pricing will come later in the week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:18 PM

Saturday, March 19, 2011 5:58 PM
ok guys, fair enough. that does make sense. lol i have actually heard of rainbow...

how about focal? ive heard their ish is top notch and always wanted to give them a shot.

to me deep bass is deep bass, i dont need to spend $1500 on a sub if its gonna sound the same to me, ya know? if i want a different sound ill just change the box. but for highs... hell yes id love to get some of the good un's. i have a lot of kenwood stuff, and it does sound good but i think a little bit more sound range and quality could be had. its not necessarily clipping but i can tell when they are past the limit and its at the level id like to listen to them... now, i dont know if its the amps causing this or what so i cant just say 'hey my components are doing that...'. ya know?

the best set of tweeters i ever had were infinity 10.2T's. they were spendy back in the day, like $175 for the set but good lord they sounded AMAZING. this was back when i could actually hear a difference, lmao now... i just dont know if i could

Saturday, March 19, 2011 9:03 PM
Brad the difference is how it plays tight bass. I will let you hear my car play hotel California in 5.1 with the Ultimo SC and then you will understand. There is ZERO slop. The bass note it produced and then stops. Cheap woofers don't have control so the sound echos. My setup plays bass, but is far from your neighborhood high school lol John bass addict.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:32 PM
BTW Steve, just a guess off the top of his head, without checking anything, the price on the Ultimo was "$600ish I believe"

Monday, March 21, 2011 1:05 AM
Yeah they for 500ish on eBay.

Monday, March 21, 2011 8:25 AM
Ebay isn't an authorized retailer with full factory warranty/backing . But buy from who u wish. Nothing morel u buy from an online store is backed by them as they don't authorize internet sales.

Monday, March 21, 2011 3:02 PM
if its quality it wont need a warranty.

Monday, March 21, 2011 5:38 PM
BS. @!#$ always happens, even if much less often than a crap brand. and if it's quality, it will come with a GOOD warranty. I am not even going to attempt to argue if you seriously think that a product doesn't need a warranty because it's a quality product.... I EXPECT a good warranty with high dollar items.

ALSO, just to add to that, Morel is one of the most often faked brands out there, and a lot of the fakes are making their stuff look a LOT like the original. That's another reason I would never trust an ebay member or ebay store. Like I said, internet sales are NOT authorized. If you are selling Morel, Rainbow, DynAudio, Tru Technology, or Micro Precision through an online Storefront, you DO NOT have the manufacturer backing your product. You can't offer manufacturer warranty, troubleshooting, tech help, or exchanges.

I don't mean to get heated, but anyone saying that they would buy off an unauthorized retailer to save a few bucks without talking price with authorized retailers, taking the chance on warranty, and even the chance it's a knock off really gets to me.

Monday, March 21, 2011 7:39 PM
Well that and Morel also has for some reason an extremely high QA problem. Make awesome stuff when it's put together right... but because it's hand built there is more risk of faults.

Monday, March 21, 2011 8:09 PM
And again, that's why you don't want to take chances on buying from some Joe Schmo on Ebay.

Monday, March 21, 2011 10:44 PM
Ok guys...decision. time here. Looking at a saab turbo kit or an m62 charger.......what should I get?
If I get the blower just need a intake manifold tune and a few other small items
Or buy the saab turbo forsale in classifieds and need a tune and fuel management

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search