PICS FROM THE SHOW - Page 3 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: PICS FROM THE SHOW
Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:09 PM
First and foremost, thanks to Craig and RSM for having us for a day, we really appreciate all you did to make that show a success. And secondly, THANK YOU to all the people that showed up, it was YOUR presence that made the day so great, and we're glad you could share it with us.

Onto my sticker and my car. First off, the car was just finished 12 days ago, and the sticker was put on this week in preparation for hitting some serious #'s on the dyno. She's currently running 10 PSI through a T3/04e turbo on a very heavily ported head from Racetech.... I can almost guarantee you that at 10 psi, even with my SHOT clutch, she's got at least 230 whp to the ground. That's good for about 280 crank horses.

The 300 hp is meant to mimic the firehawk, which has the horsepower rating on the nose of the hood.... the firehawk being the car I was trying to make my car "like"...

And the horsepower rating on the outside of any "stock" car is crank. Therefore my 300 HP claim is crank horsepower, about 260 wheel horse... which I plan to try and hit on the rollers before the bash.

Bottom line: the car WILL make that horsepower....

To those who saw the engine, my first and foremost goal was to make the install as clean and stock looking as possible: and I think I achieved that. I appreciate ALL of your compliments, it drives me to keep trying harder to reach my lofty goals.

Craig, you are welcome to a spin anytime... especially when I get a new clutch into the car. I can almost guarantee you I'm losing a lot of power on the one I have in there now.

To anybody that wants a ride up the track at the bash, you are more than welcome. I pray I can have my tuned 260 whp, but we'll see. I won't have my new clutch in so bear in mind I cannot break traction at all between gears, which might end up helping me a LOT in the end.

We at Ontariofires invite all of you to our forums at www.ontariofires.com, and we will be showing up to the bash with as many members as we can. Our goal is to help people modify their cars by example, and we are here to assist the J-body community grow. Thanks again for the great day.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:32 PM
Well said Chris.
Remember, its my turn to drive.... SOOON!!!!

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:33 AM
Yeah, the install is definitely a work of art!! I'm very much impressed!!

Monday, May 16, 2005 6:45 AM
Well Chris i wish u luck and pray you dont loose a rod on your way to that goal.
Monday, May 16, 2005 9:17 AM
rods going through the block are vent holes, id aim for 2 or 3 jt to cool the oil down

i definatly like the setup chris, dont get me wrong i think it loks great ,gonna need to see it in person. its gonna suck when mr 300 hp gets fisted by a little red cavalier this year i think, maybe i can claim 310 hp then

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Monday, May 16, 2005 1:53 PM
judgez24 wrote:rods going through the block are vent holes, id aim for 2 or 3 jt to cool the oil down

i definatly like the setup chris, dont get me wrong i think it loks great ,gonna need to see it in person. its gonna suck when mr 300 hp gets fisted by a little red cavalier this year i think, maybe i can claim 310 hp then

I see you arent giving up on the NOS yet

Monday, May 16, 2005 3:48 PM
I just ordered my 400 hp stickers
Monday, May 16, 2005 9:55 PM
Z Double Dozen wrote:Awesome show... met lots of friendly faces and amzing cars... clean stock to clean extreme. Next year will be even bigger, I'm sure of it.

Cliff... more and more people are out fish'n man, they're gunna wipe you clean before you make it up here. lol

Thanks for the heads up Matt ... I got a few small guys, nothing over 5 pounds though.

Good to see you again man.
Monday, May 16, 2005 11:32 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:
judgez24 wrote:rods going through the block are vent holes, id aim for 2 or 3 jt to cool the oil down

I see you arent giving up on the NOS yet

lol, its actually nitrous and you saw first hand theres none on the car, lol.

you need to rmember one big thing, my intercooler is at my buddies place in the states and i pick it up this weekend, next weekend everything should be in and ready for charge pipes and im not scared to run a little more boost f it means winning the race, hel ive got 2 spare motors i can ravage for parts if i need to

plus a shot of nitrous that big would probably end all things rotating in the engine and trans of the little cavy

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 6:07 PM
I see a big boom in uchi's future

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:56 PM
big boom, haha, huge boom. wait till my new motor is built. i see me forgetting to hook the wastegate up and running the car thorugh the gears, lol. or maybe acidentally turning the boost controller all the way up. wonder if a stock motor can take 25 poiunds of boost for more than a minute

either way ill invite you guys down for it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search