winnipeg j-bodies - Page 29 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Monday, September 08, 2008 10:29 PM
Clip at 18psi

popcorn anyone?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:13 AM
looks pretty slow to me *popcorn*

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:55 PM
Needs more booooooost!

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:52 PM
I agree Ian, with this turbo it won't start making any power till about 24-25psi, then it will be more efficient than the smaller 50 trims.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, November 16, 2008 8:22 PM
bump this up

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:29 AM
is there j-body still kicking around this place

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:08 PM
haha there is... wpg just doesnt have much of a jbody scene...

------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:26 PM
yea i know i only see very few now and all my friends sold there j-bodys.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:33 PM
i may be picking up another...

god help me...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:36 AM
blkcav do u still have ur 98 cav i think i use to see it all the time goin down main street. but that was a year or 2 ago.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:27 AM
yepper still have it, but i moved outta my parents place (who subseqently lived not far away from main) the car hasnt been on the road much in the last while due to transmission problems

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:17 AM
thats suck i was woundering where it went cause i havnt seen it around in a while u did the neon rear disc swap on urs right ?

Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:17 PM
Yes he did.

WPG used to have a really strong J-body scene, lots of people have moved on, some have been laying low.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:26 PM
yea i know they use to have a very strong scene now it kinda sucks, i know i seen a lot of nice j-body on sunday nites but thats about it.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:46 PM
My transmission finally went, at 120km, at least 80k boost and maybe 20 runs down the track, lol. I think I bent a fork racing a buddy on his bike, then things got worse and worse. Started that 2nd would grind from time to time, then it wouldn't go in anymore, then I lost first. I went down to the wrecker, and all tranny's are $89 so I picked one up, dropped it in, and wouldn't you know (IAN will) my reverse lights started working again

-Garrett

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:24 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:My transmission finally went, at 120km, at least 80k boost and maybe 20 runs down the track, lol. I think I bent a fork racing a buddy on his bike, then things got worse and worse. Started that 2nd would grind from time to time, then it wouldn't go in anymore, then I lost first. I went down to the wrecker, and all tranny's are $89 so I picked one up, dropped it in, and wouldn't you know (IAN will) my reverse lights started working again

-Garrett

ROFL!!! $89!?! I paid about $600 shipped for my spare tranny back in the day.

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:43 PM
i'm glad my tranny is still under warranty but not the clutch.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 8:29 PM
Krzy Z wrote:thats suck i was woundering where it went cause i havnt seen it around in a while u did the neon rear disc swap on urs right ?

Yeah, i got the rear neon swap, a very nice looking swap, and definitly makes things better when stopping. i was having some ABS issues, but that could have been from something else, the ABS would kick in for no reason while doing slow maneuvers in a parking lot, and i would literally have no brakes, just annoying chatter, it almost caused a few accidents already....

might be picking up another j body this week, we'll see

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, November 24, 2008 5:59 AM
what year are u looking to picking up, i'll looking into doin the neon rear swap on my car, was the bracket modifed already or did u have to
did it?

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:49 AM
i'm going to be swapping everything to the new jbody.

I modified the rear bracket, took it to a machine shop with the proper information and they were able to machine it flat, with the proper sizing for the rear bearings, everything after that was a breeze.

because youre 03+ you'll have some problems becuase the rear ebrake cables are longer i think, once you get the proper hardware (calipers, pads, rotors, washers, 88+ daytona rear rubber brake lines, its as simple as removing the old braking hardware, screw the factory j body rear brake cylinder hard line into the daytona rubber line, route the hose to the caliper, bleed and install, i think the only setback is that you have to have 5 equal thickness metal washers to space out the rotor from the backing plate, you have to grind a bit of material (maybe 1/4 if even that) off the top of the rear swing arm to clear the rear disc bracket

At this time its also good to replace the damn Torx bolts/nuts with standard sized bolts (of course just as strong, or stronger) and install. The ebrake on the 95-99's is shorter and will work better (or so i've heard) but on my 98, it ook some modifications of the latch that actuates the pads, but they sit perfectly in there and works wonderfully.

The swap is actually really easy, just sourcing out the parts can be a little bit of a bitch, but the range of cars you can use is nice.

If you have any questions, you can email or add me to msn messenger at caitsith2001@hotmail.com

side note, might now be looking at an 03 w/56k kms loaded z24

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:03 AM
u got all the informantion from the sticking the brake section right ? I didnt know there was a different in e-brake cables. i'll for get ahold
of you when it comes down to doin this swap, i seen a vid on you tube for the neon rear disc swap but had on speakers on my computre.

those z24 factory kits are not cheap i wish i stilll had my factory kit, my rear bumper now is to low so when i have the bags inplace the bumper would hit the ground so now i gotta swap out the rear mounts for factory mounts.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:23 PM
Yeah, thats the one downside to kits and bags.

Hopefully this cav turns out... the other 99 z24 I was dealing on might be out of my grasp for now, I told the dealership about the 03 for the same price they're asking for and told them they had till friday to drop the price or I'm done.

God i hate shopping for a car, I never like it...

If i get the 03, can you say GMSC?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:23 PM
i have my gm s/c but its from a cobalt ss i also have two heads that i'm getting ported and polished i'd go for the 03 the ecotec is a very good motor i have no problems with mine, good luck with the buy.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:39 PM
well the 03 z24 was crap, it was from out east, definitly got hit on the drivers side (hard to tell, but some small things were misaligned, engine was covered in corrosion and there was paint on the seals.

lol, what a piece!

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:51 AM
how much were they asking for it,?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search