V8Z24 ...for real ! - Page 7 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: V8Z24 ...for real !
Friday, May 23, 2014 4:19 AM
Yep - exhaust is TIGHT!

You are in the home stretch now...

Friday, May 23, 2014 12:10 PM
I have really enjoyed watching this build! Thanks for bringing us along

This has been better than any TV show by far where some team of guys just toss endless cash at a project over a couple of weeks and try to make the viewers imagine they are on some sort of a budget. Yeah right...Hahaa.

While I know a lot of this hasn't been easy for Cody , I wish I had half the talent and expertise this fellow has!! This fellow is darn good at what he does!! (You make that painting stuff look way , way too easy there!!)

That was a great job squeezing the exhaust it there and making it look so good at the same time.

So what name are you going to give this Beast???

Sunday, June 01, 2014 2:36 PM
Haha thanks guys! means a lot,
and no I haven't thought of a name yet. I need something unique to name her haha, and that may take a while

I took the car to a local car show that I've been attending every year since I was about 3. Ended up parking both my cars next to each other, right in front of where we were set up in the flea market too haha.

The car officially has a 1.5 miles on it! I took it for a few runs around the parking lot, and I must say, it felt awesome.

as for pictures!

I think the overheating issue was just the car being airlocked as it is running better now.

It was really neat bringing the hatch to the show though and being set up right across from it, because you could see a lot of people being confused as to what the hell it is lol. I even had a kid run up to me as I was getting it ready to move it, asking what kind of car it was haha. I stuck a note on it too, saying "used to be FWD!" just for some kicks.
Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:09 PM
looking great Cody,
I'm getting the same strange reaction. - But it's supposed to be FWD ???

Attachments
10382853_10203162242471471_2734102002827960470_n[1].jpg (147k)

Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:11 PM
Well, since the car's legal and all now,
I took her for a small rip

-Rear passenger tire was rubbing very bad so I had to smash it in with a hammer and now it clears.
-Hit 230 when I was stopped to let a truck go by, so it still needs it's overheating issue fixed aha
-needs four wheel alignment done properly, but still driveable

Friday and saturday, we put seatbelts in it, timed the motor again, fixed a few lines, bled the brakes, hooked up brand new lokar emergency brake setup, reran a few wires, and got the car ready to be actually driven.
Soon as we were done, guess what. Complete downpour haha.

But today I got to drive it for a good half-hour and I don't think there was a time I wasn't smiling! ....except when I first heard the tire rubbing ... and smoking.

Should be a good remainder of the summer.
Sunday, August 10, 2014 6:57 PM
Car looks great.
Someone out there must know someone who can get your car into Hot Rod magazine.

Sunday, August 10, 2014 11:46 PM
Nice work and it sure is a awesome car!

Saturday, August 16, 2014 6:41 PM
84conv wrote:Car looks great.
Someone out there must know someone who can get your car into Hot Rod magazine.

thanks guys,
and I wish it was nice enough to make it into a magazine !! you guys are too kind haha

Well the car has had four-wheel alignment done. Passenger side, rear tire is still close to the quarter panel but I think I'm going to raise it up half an inch or so and see if that helps.
When it came to overheating, apparently the lower rad hose didn't want to co-operate because it kept collapsing under load. simple fix = metal spring pushed down in it. Also relocated the resoivoir and removed the thermostat. to say the least, it's running AWESOME.
It still needs A LOT of little things done, like wire-tucking and sill plates, hiding a few things, and repainting, and polishing, and windshield wiper motor working(had to drive through a downpour today lol. what a time)

The car is now at a great 100 miles(forgot to get canadian speedo ), and working great minus the odd vibration/rubbing/rattling/hitting.
Gas is a lot higher here then it is for you Americans, but I filled it with supreme for $22. and put about 70 miles on it. to say the least, it's honestly not that bad on gas for having such wide tires, and such a small fuel-cell haha.

I went to a very small local cruise/car meet earlier today for NSimports, so here's a few photo's incase you're interested.

Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:57 PM
You've done a magnificent job on your j!

Some of these photos look so surreal ....reminds me of a blown up picture of a Hot Wheels car. This Mod looks right at all the right angles.

As I've said before - you've got the Talent! I agree with John - this and the Creator deserves their 15 Minutes fame in Hot Rod Magazine!!

Enjoy your Fruits Good Man!!

Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:54 PM
Nice show but I like that guys purple car the best!!! I do show a lot of favoritism to any J looking that bad azz in any show.Like you bet I do.R

Saturday, August 30, 2014 5:30 PM
Haha, like i said before, you guys are too kind.

So an update would be that I fixed the overheating issue(again..), by sorting out the plumbing. I had it kinda messed up but now it's fixed, but just not as pretty haha.
I started messing around with the TV cable for the 700r-4 which seems to help quite a bit as I can actually playing around with beating the car a little more
I'm going to raise the rear of the car up probably about 1/2 an inch due to the oversized tire rubbing quarter panel when tire expands(such as on the highway... urrrgh was not fun lol). as beating the lip in last time only helped when you weren't driving over 90kmph.

I talked my dad into taking his '55 to a local show today and snapped a few photo's!

(I got a lot of weird looks/comments from the pikachu lol)

I also talked my dad into lowering the front of his '55 a couple inches after seeing the car next to mine. Should be doing that this winter.

Now that I'm driving the car around and beating it(and finding the horrible lack of power), I think after I build an SR20DET for my datsun, I'm going to build a short block 383 right away for this and put my top end I bought earlier on it. Should have it built this winter and breaking it in this spring!

I'm also going to need to put a new rear main seal in the rearend as it's currently loving to leak fluid.

Saturday, October 11, 2014 4:09 PM
Well, it's that sad time of year again..
Winter is coming.

That means storage unfortanately.

While the car's laid up this winter, I have to tear the driveshaft off it to rebalance(highway is a nightmare lol), fix the exhaust as its leaking up a storm at the collector because of how angled it is now, replace main seal in rearend, but at least it's being stored at our second garage so it's all possible haha.

and a small video I made on the way out because zelda was loving it lol.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204127807609996&l=1850299171815366881

I'm also hoping to get find a good deal on a bottom end so I can peice together a motor for it for next summer, as the car deserves more power haha
Saturday, October 11, 2014 10:34 PM
Nice little ride seeing the car complete and the dog as the co pilot is cool too.I need to get on my car just kind of holding tight till I stop mowing grass for the season here and finish up some side work I do on my days off.Sweet ride for sure.

Sunday, October 12, 2014 3:59 AM
Loved the Video!!

Loved the Pooch too!!

Classy way to say Goodbye to 2014 with the Rot Rod J

Wishing you more power , more car shows and more FUN in 2015 my friend!!

Friday, November 20, 2015 5:30 PM
Here's what's up.

Motors toast (as of two hours ago),
rollcage cut out and modified and welded back in,
Ladderbar crossmember cut out and replaced correctly and rear suspension dialed in, Quarter panel cut due to suspension modifications, car needs it's body redone, had a bunch of little problems worked out, but now there's a lot of bigger problems, etc etc.

Plan is now to tear the motor out of the car this weekend, and build something mean with the top end i bought two years ago for this and never used. Also going to be starting the bodywork right away and once the snow is gone, bringing it to my new place of work and respraying it correctly Nothing major, but repairing the front header panel, bumper, tailgate where it had bits welded in to change up the firenza one to fit, and both quarters. Then going to be re-clearing the whole thing as it'd be that much easier to do than to wetsand and buff it all. I guess it's kind of a good thing though, as the body was never 100% properly done right, as I took a lot of quick corners to get through it, but hey, that's being young for ya.

Anywho, haven't posted in a while so Hello everybody, looks like I'm back haha.

Here's a couple photos to tide over until I start really getting into it.

.....Just realised I haven't posted on here since 2014 haha?

here's a few more photos I guess taken within the last two years

and for good measure incase anyone's been wondering, heres my other baby that is the reason I've been busy for the past while.

Friday, November 20, 2015 7:31 PM
Glad you dropped back in.Too bad for the issue's with the purple beast however I see the Datsun has made some serious improvements!When your not too busy show some engine and interior pics of the Datsun as that is a very unique ride to see these days.I kind of slacked off this year myself working on lots of other rides myself.My focus was routine stuff and maintain my own.The winter will alloy me to focus on two points on my cav.Finish the rear end work with all new parts and fix my radio harness back to a oem style with a correct aftermarket quick connect.We shall be watching as you share the update's.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search