Check in (let us know your on here) - Page 3 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Check in (let us know your on here)
Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:58 PM
My pics
Attachments
image.jpeg (1441k)

Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:59 PM
Just here enjoying all the 1st gens...

Brings back memories of my old 87....

Thought it was interesting that may son saw my old Cav on my Facebook page....and said "dad-we need another one of those..."

So would want a rust free one though....

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Saturday, December 12, 2015 9:58 PM
Just two pics as I will post more once I begin refreshing the car and fixing the light list so far that are to be addressed.I will say the car handles nice and rides quiet.Kind of tired and some sinus and throat discomfort today.Hope I am not starting the feel crappy,but I will get good rest and take some extra vitamins so,I do not get any worse.

Sunday, December 13, 2015 3:47 PM
Looks pretty clean!

Is that your bus there in the background of pic 2.

Monday, December 14, 2015 8:24 PM
Yes indeed the bus.I woke up sunday feeling like cement.Missed work and went the the doctor.and I have bronchitis.Felt worse today and called in last nite to let my distpatch know I would be out today.I got about 2-3 hrs of sleep last nite.I am staying home again tues.My modo is if your feeling crappy,STAY HOME! Driving tractor trlr sick is no joke.Loosing $$$$$ sucks but,Being safe for yourself and others is my focus.At least the sinus headaches have stopped.I am tired now,so done.

Saturday, December 19, 2015 9:55 PM
Hey Ron....is that your Accord? Looks pretty good there....

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Sunday, December 20, 2015 1:08 AM
That 06 accord is for my youngest nephew.He currently has a 02 civic which will handed to his older brother with the now broke 98 accord.In short the older brother does not take care of cars very well.So while he gets a newer car not the nicer newer model.I have some work to take care of on it that is the 06 like a starter and ps pump.Very long day chalking up 602 miles and a 14hr day.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 6:15 AM
While out shopping yesterday seen an old Firenza notchback coupe, from where I parked it looked to be in really good shape didn't notice any rust below the doors or big dents. Unfortunately it was gone by the time the wife and I got out of the pet store so I didn't get any pictures of it. Wife said "what is that, never seen one of those before", I told her that it was an Olds Firenza coupe. Never seen a notchback coupe before though always either a sedan, wagon or hatchback

Thursday, December 24, 2015 9:15 PM
Guys just want to take a moment to express a very merry xmas and hope you enjoy your time with friends and family and be safe and stay healthy.I know we all get wrapped in things thru the year good or not so good,and we all have our issue's.My enjoyment at xmas is being able to share some time with family I literally only see once a year due to schedules and days etc that prevent it.Gifts are nice,but I am more the gathering side of family to catch up,share stories and just forget the routine daily stuff.I just ending this want to say all of the people who frequent our board are like family TO ME!!!!!!! We share a common trait and while not legitimately related the J flows with all of us in a family type relation.Best wishes and hope you enjoy your holiday in what ever way you do it.Ron I could write a short novel (but I am just kidding).I had to insert some humor to break up the serious side of me.

Sunday, December 27, 2015 7:18 AM
Thanks Ron,
Same wishes to you.
Alain
Monday, December 28, 2015 12:50 PM
Love the people in my online communities, of which I belong to only a handful.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:56 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my online J-Fam!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:03 PM
My fun video Tuesday checking the front and rear brakes on the 2006 accord lx .Just some simple techniques I have used and while there are many on youtube I took the time to show my own style.This is specific to removing the set screws on the a disc brake option.

Thursday, December 31, 2015 12:50 PM
have a Happy & Safe New Year everybody.

Thursday, December 31, 2015 7:03 PM
Interesting video!

Happy New Year to all !!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, December 31, 2015 9:21 PM
Happy new year to our members.I had a tiring afternoon myself.Started the list of work on the new project 06 accord.I first jacked up the car took the front wheels off and just degreased the entire engine bay it was nasty.Then dried with my leaf blower.Following things were done.Oil change and filter,drain trans fluid,refill,replaced the starter and intake gasket,Replaced the ground cable to the battery,and added a 2nd ground from that to the block.Replaced both upper and lower radiator hoses and thermostat.Whiling the coolant flush started Good, the heat went cold and after multiple clean water flushes the POS new thermostat stuck closed.The good is only water was wasted and removed the bad and have to return it along with the tired starter and get the core charge for that.After degreasing the engine I noticed the ps pump appeared to be a replacement as the top clamp was aftermarket and I am skipping that unless it really leaks after the fact.I spent about 6 hours on the engine area and the brakes are fine,suspension fine,tires up to psi and I am just wiped out.Car appears to have the original coil packs so,I am leaning towards late spring or summer for that cupcake work.Done and def tired.No cuts but lots of scratches on my forearm from the tight confines.

Friday, January 01, 2016 8:27 AM
HAPPY 2016 to all my WONDERFUL J-Body friends!!!

I hope this year is exciting and enjoyable for all of you! May all of your miles - be miles of Smiles!!

Friday, January 01, 2016 9:31 AM
Happy new year to all.
Hopefully with plenty of goodies to show us.
Alain
Saturday, January 02, 2016 9:35 PM
Well I wrapped up the work for now on the 06honda.I will not probably touch it until may or june and then tackle the easy stuff.I will say the new reman starter works 100% better than the old tired one as it acted like a tired alternator and battery(but not the real issue) as I knew the issue already.So yeah 16 has done some good so far for me on the newer used car.Unlike the 98 and 02 that put me thru far more drama.

Thursday, January 07, 2016 10:09 PM
Ok guy a more serious note.Today my wife had surgery to remove some female items and issue's with a thyroid.This was not a day surgery and then home.She has to stay at our local womens hospital probably until Saturday when she gets released.Everything went fine and I popped in early today to check on her.Her mom took her as she is the earlier riser than I and yes the mother in law lives next door! I spent about 6 hours with her tonight and came home.I made sure the house work was done(my ocd) and even cleaned my garage (for me) and did some yardworking wed to have things caught up.A little more personal stuff going on but,things are fine.I know you all do care as why I am sharing this with you my alternate family of sorts.Thanks R (btw) orlen and tammy have met my wife

Friday, January 08, 2016 6:51 AM
Sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers buddy.

Friday, January 08, 2016 3:03 PM
So sorry to hear Ron

Here is a photo of this happy couple in much better times back last year. They are wonderful folks to visit, and yes Tracy is a wonderful Lady full of that special Southern Hospitality and Charm! They are a real treat to visit!

Tammy and I hope Tracy gets better real soon , Ron! She definitely got a Great guy to hold down the fort and take good care of her while she is recovering. Keep us informed !!

Friday, January 08, 2016 9:48 PM
Thanks guys that really means ALOT to ME!! Today tracy is doing much better and I sure hope she get's home before I head out for work Either way things went really good and she is moving around stiff but moving around with out help.It will take like 6-8 weeks for a full recovery so she can go back to the normal routine of things.I will say in the two days of her not being here is weird or not the normal I am use too.I spent a couple of hours with her today late so things feel more normal for me and her.Orlen thanks a bunch of sharing our anniversary picture as we both enjoyed that day very much.I did act like as we were at home at the hospital to keep her in the overall feel of things.R

Saturday, January 09, 2016 4:00 PM
Hope she recovers quickly. My thoughts are with you and Tracy.

Also hoping to get down south this summer to visit some colleges with my daughter. and set aside some time to see you and Orlen.

Saturday, January 09, 2016 9:59 PM
Thanks John.I will say tracy came home today around 12pm as I was getting up to get moving for the day.She unpacked and did some simple things.I stayed here until she got a shower just in case she needed some help.She did some laundry and did get on the home pc and I guess just relaxed.My sister is bringing her some food sunday so she does not have to fix anything to keep it easy.Other than the typical day of trucking I am slightly tired of the rain as it was a all day drizzle to steady yucky to drive in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search