84 Cavalier Birth Certificate - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
84 Cavalier Birth Certificate
Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:55 PM
Just a little bit of j body history. My Cavs birth certificate. You just have got to love what GM charged extra for, auxiliary lighting????? But you get the F41 for 6 bucks more.

Re: 84 Cavalier Birth Certificate
Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:31 AM
Hi John!! Hadn't seen you on here lately, been busy tinkering? Those 2 convertibles really look sweet together!!

Loved seeing the window sticker!! Front & Rear Mats sold separately?! I've had a set of mats I found at the junk yard several months ago, thought I'd clean them up & see how they'd turn out today. So, they are stained as you can see, but I was wondering if these are the ones listed on your sticker? I'm lucky enough to have found a set for the wagon as well many years ago too. Don't know if they are rare or not. I did notice these are also in the X-Bodies and also some rear wheel drive models too, so it pays too look everything over just in case.

Thought I'd shoot a couple of the Firenza seats I dropped in a few months ago. They were originally out of a 4 door but I converted them to 2 door so they fold forward.

....yeah....I got carpet in the old garage.....too many memories of working out in the cold, rain, snow....you know....LOL
Something I found a neighbor was tossin' away in the trash anyways.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:35 PM
Thanks for posting the wondow sticker / monroney label John!
I am using yours as a reference with my spo label from my trunk. If I want to get a window sticker for mine I have to go through PHS - it is a little pricey. I was all set to do it earlier this year then something came up that ate the funds .

Orlen - my car came with front mats only. Not sure why but that is the way it came. Don't even get me started on the whole engine block heater thing. Seems all turbos came with it, but definately seems vestigal on a convertible.

I can post my spo label info if you guys are interested... basically RPO breakdown without pricing info and FE information that the window label has.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 5:32 PM
Hi Orlen, The mats mine came with were the carpeted version with the Rubber GM label on them. Sure Paul post the spo label. I think everyone is interested in seeing original documentation.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:43 PM
Freaking NEATO!!!!! I wish I could have found the freaking build sheet in sunny I have looked hi and low and no such sheet(like I hoped to find) years ago.Sunny has been in my family since 1990 and she was a one owner and know they did not find it,guess it just was not in the car.My sister got in hs and I bought it from her in 98.My short version.

Monday, December 19, 2011 5:33 PM
Ron, I pulled a headliner out of an Olds Firenza at my local yard and ran into a build sheet between the headliner and the roof. I thought it was bizarre to find one there. Maybe that might be where yours is hidden too. :-)

Monday, December 19, 2011 7:50 PM
Yep might be idk my headliner was redone years ago by a good friend of mine who dated my sister at the time and he fixed it with new material.So no idea if he saw it or even remembers seeing it.In fact I just called him thur and we be hanging out soon with him like the old days.He thinks I treat this cav like a old muscle car restoration(my comments) were yeah it is a hotrod cavalier style.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:17 PM
Ron I found my Z's build sheet in the metal frame work for the rear seat (the part where your back would be).
Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:12 PM
Never found mine under the seat like I have on almost every GM car that I have ever owned. I will be replacing the carpet this summer so I will be pulling the complete interior and that would be a good time to look for it.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:02 PM
The back has been pulled and no sheet.I did the bottom only but the back can be seen from inside the trunk no question.I am contemplating NEW carpet in mine this summer just wish the aftermarket carpet was EXACT to the letter with the rubber reinforced patches on the driver side.I will be digging more into sunny later just have too much to do this coming wk and still jerking around with my nephews accord the front motor mount at the firewall is next(oh my head hurts) and will be hopefully finish tues I hope If I get the day off.I already did two not too bad,but geez a pain to align.

Friday, December 30, 2011 8:35 AM
Ron-

I did my carpet a while back. The biggest pain for me was that it was not an exact fit. You have to measure twice and cut once if you know what I mean. It is not perfect, but pretty good. I did get the proper dead pedal pad for the driver side

Friday, December 30, 2011 8:56 PM
Yeah I know I did my nephews accord and trim to fit but overall it was spot on.Fun work it was I think.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 2:43 PM
The one I ordered came with the pad and also looks like it needs to be trimmed. I think I'll do the carpet and convertible top at the same time next spring when the car comes out of hibernation. I figure I'll double the FUN.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search