Vacuum Line help. 1987 Buick Skyhawk. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vacuum Line help. 1987 Buick Skyhawk.
Monday, October 09, 2017 1:41 PM
Hi all!

I'm working on a wonky high idle issue, and have been sealing any vacuum leaks I can find.

I've ended up with an extra vacuum line (see imgur link below). A larger line that comes off the intake to a T-spilt of smaller lines, heads to the Driverside... From there is wraps around towards the front of the vehicle, and T-splits again. One of the splits goes toward a vacuum pump, and the other goes to ...??? I have it pictured and highlighted.

I can't seem to find any helpful diagrams.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Link to the gallery: https://imgur.com/a/kQX8B

Re: Vacuum Line help. 1987 Buick Skyhawk.
Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:08 PM
Fixed it!

Vacuum resevior inside the driver side fender!

Incase anyone cared
Re: Vacuum Line help. 1987 Buick Skyhawk.
Friday, October 13, 2017 7:11 AM
Thanks for posting William! Usually Ron is hot on the trail but these days I seldom see him around on here.

I had actually spent some time pouring through countless photos of my 2 - 1st Gens, but as they are a bit older I couldn't find anything helpful. That is why I hadn't posted up - telling you I had no info wasn't much worth your trouble. However, I really did enjoy comparing the differences between you '87 and my '84. I was surprised what a few years changes can make!

Wonderful Skyhawk Wagon you have here and quite a rarity to see! I will check my books this evening and see if I can find a production total for your year model in wagon type. It has to be very low numbers as this was the most expensive J-Wagon Gm sold! Hope you continue to have miles of smiles

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search