'86 Sunbird convertible whats it worth? - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'86 Sunbird convertible whats it worth?
Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:10 PM
I have an '86 with a 1.8L automatic. The car is really clean. It has been repainted but looks excellent. I'm not sure if I should try to sell it or doing something to give it more power like an engine swap. What do you think?

Re: '86 Sunbird convertible whats it worth?
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:34 AM
I've got an 87 Cav Vert, I'm in the process of putting a 3400 in it

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 7:16 AM
www.kbb.com will give you a conservative dollar amount for the vehicle...but i'd say go with more power.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

MS Walk April 21 - I HIT MY GOAL!!! thanks to those of you who have supported me!
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:06 PM
I've watched a few go through the Ebay rounds and they usually don't meet the owners reserve price. I say enjoy your car and try to improve it while you do. Maybe some day others will see why we like these. Maybe you will be able to post that you sold because someone made you an offer you couldn't refuse. Let me know when that happens and I'll put mine back on ebay and hope to get lucky! In the meantime, I'll go cruising with the top down and drag racing at the Pontiac weekend at Norwalk. Maybe I'll do some Norwalk Wednesdays in the Sport Compact class. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:18 PM
I just picked up the June 2006 Old Cars Price Guide and they now list through 1999. They show prices from condition 6 (parts car) through # 1 (museum piece). For a regular 1.8 convertible the price shows as follows: #6 $344, #5 $1032, #4 1720, #3 3820, #2 $6020 and believe it or not they show # 1 as being worth $8600.The GT ragtops are a couple hundred more.The 87s are way up there with a SE ragtop in #1 condition at $13,000 and the GT at $14,000 !?!? I guess I shouldn't be too shocked at that as the window sticker on mine was over 17 grand new and it sold for over 16 when the deal was done. I bought mine for 1300 and I've managed to drop another 3k in it. Last year I couldn't get any interest on ebay with a $1500 starting point.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search