U-PIck-it Update - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
U-PIck-it Update
Sunday, April 27, 2008 11:49 AM
Hey Board-

Parts Galore (my local U-Pick-It) has the following cars in there. Anyone want me to look out for anything?

85 Sunbird Hatch Blue / Grey

88 Sunbird Couple Gold / Tan

87 Firenza sedan Brown / Brown

86 Cavalier sedan White / Blue

lmk and I can grab what you need, I am a regular there anyways.

Re: U-PIck-it Update
Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:42 PM
I will let u know I might need a intake manifold but doubt it.I have pulld mine off and can't get a freeze plug out and prolly will just take to a local machine shop get it tapd out and no problem at least to me.I drilled it out but it is way stuck but has not damaged the threads so I should be fine.My eng is the 2.0 eng p code.I dropd the oil pan today it was nasty I will b posting pics of my cars adventures soon on what I am doing and even my cyld walls look pretty good from the bottom looking up at the crank.I am thinking of pulling the head off to do the gasket even tho no problems just have alot removed and it would be nice to go ahead and get the valves done and machined etc.I just love busting knuckles and I have the last two days.

Monday, April 28, 2008 1:02 PM
Does the cavalier have the cowl piece between the hood and windshield and under the wipers??? I need it bad

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:59 PM
I will check this weekend.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:16 AM
Do they have complete 1st gen Jcars for sale?
Sunday, May 18, 2008 3:03 PM
The 1st gen Cavalier that was there before was gone. There was a blue Firenza 4 door and an 89 Turbo Sunbird convertible that just arrived.

Needless to say, I absconded with a T25 and exhaust manifold. The T25 has minimal shaft play and most of the coolant / oil lines, o2 sensor and intake duct for $60. I was unable to get the t-stat as a bolt stripped out on me. I will try again next weekend or maybe this week.

This ragtop is red with grey interior. Body is in good shape for the 150K it has on the clock. Vented hood is in great shape.

I may be going back to pick at it again.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 7:16 PM
I went back today and they hsave a 80K 84 cavalier - Grandma Fresh!
Mark - stll need that cowl pece - willing to pay shipping from MI? If so - I can get it for you.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:45 PM
no thank god i actually got it yesterday for 10 bucks at a upick it they had an 84 4door! thank you though!

Friday, May 30, 2008 6:21 AM
Paul
What color and shape is the interior. Looking for bucket seats and dashboard. I live near Kalamazoo and it would be worth the tip over. I have been shopping the local u-picks with no luck. Very few 1st Gen's Also if you are looking for any particular part, Let me know, but I'll tell you I have an 86 Sunbird Convertible 1.8 turbo and I take those parts when I find them as backup.
PS congrats on your turbo find, you got a gem
Friday, May 30, 2008 5:35 PM
Darrell-

On which car - the cavalier?

Saturday, May 31, 2008 3:02 AM
Thanks for the offer Paul But they had what I'm looking for at my favorite u-pick. Going to pull this am

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:35 AM
Hey Paul,

I just saw your post about 89 Sunbird Turbo GT. I am trying to restore 86 Turbo, looking for bumper parts. Do you know if anything is left??

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike...
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:52 AM
Paul: Would any of the vehicles have a remote dash mounted elect mirror switch? I have been looking for one for an 84 sunbird vert...
Peter
Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:45 PM
Peter-

I have never seen that option. Can you post a pic of what it looks like? I have only seen the manual mirrors.

Paul

Sunday, July 20, 2008 8:57 AM
Paul
I also have remote mirrors. Don't work and haven't had time to see whats wrong.

never added pic hope works
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search