1994 Z24 - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 1994 Z24
Wednesday, March 02, 2022 5:45 PM
Been working on this car some. It is taken apart for cleaning and painting everything under it. Got the tank out again to drain it of another 5 gallons of bad gas. Most of the suspension/brake parts are ready to install. Using an Addco 1" swaybar on the rear. I've still got to clean the exhaust pipe and ceramic coated. However, I am considering taking the 2" pipe and having a shop bend one to match, in 2.5". Engine will be a 3400, but sometime may do a 3500 head swap on it. I think 2.5" exhaust might do better with that. I'll have to find a place that can do the bending in my area. Probably are some shops around. I'm not going to spend the money for stainless pipe. That bake on ceramic paint holds up very well. I did the pipe on the 88 a few years ago and it still looks like it did the day I installed it.
The seats will be getting new covers in black leather. Carpet, headliner and visors will be replaced. I cut new boards for my visors and use leftover headliner material to recover them. Spray adhesive works very well for this. Stitching is not needed, but can be done to look just like factory.
Worst part of the whole job will be removing the window tint.
I'll get a video and some pictures next time I'm over at the car.

Saturday, March 05, 2022 3:04 PM
I got the tank cleaned out and painted today. Taking it to the car in the morning. I'll get a quick video of where I'm at with this build. Still have tons of stuff to do. This could be another year long project, lol. I've been messing with it a little along since September.
Sunday, March 06, 2022 3:44 AM
Thanks for the update Butch, not doing much to mine than driving it occasionally..needs some paint touchup and 2 tires soon..

Got some used wagon springs , shocks and a non abs master cylinder off a member of Jbodies group on Facebook...cost more to ship than the parts price ( From Colorado) lol.( Master not installed yet)

Added another electric fan to get ready for summer, have to install the sensor ( 80 Citation grounded out system) on a piece of pipe between the upper radiator hose and finish the ground wiring yet.

Added 2 bigger circuit breakers for both fans positive side..the little power lock circuit breaker I was using was clicking off to soon. ( Looks like a aluminum fuse)

Starting to get hot, got the house half painted.... When finished.... the shop build will start. Hopefully done before hurricane season.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Sunday, March 06, 2022 4:15 PM
Sounds like you have been much more busy than I have. I've been a loafer for a while, lol.
Here is a video of what's going on with the 94.
https://youtu.be/FTfnL-9qQxY
Little bit here and there, but it's slowly coming along.
Saturday, April 23, 2022 6:54 PM
Butch :

Just catching up and read your dreading about removing window tint.

Many years ago I had to remove tint from my wonderful wagon that I miss dearly and my sweetie's 3rd gen Cavalier. I picked up a steam cleaner and using the window attachment the low pressure hot steam softened up the plastic tint and it peeled right off. Really helped me get the tint off the back window where the rear defog wiring is in the window. Absolutely wonderful for removing bumper stickers and decals.

I couldn't find my unit since I purchased it many years ago . but looked around and found something similar

https://www.amazon.com/AutoRight-SteamMachine-C900054-M-Multi-Purpose-Upholstery/dp/B01JYVLF0Y/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=37PQ7OD9L7GBE&keywords=steam%2Bcleaner&qid=1650764512&sprefix=steam% 2B%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNkNYMUU1NDIzVjcmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwNjI1OTAxUVE3N01XWFUwSzJCJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MTQwNjkyVlVVQVpFRklEMzU3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlv bj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Hope this might be of help.

Sunday, April 24, 2022 3:26 AM
Thank you Orlen.
I'll have to get one of those. I'm sure it would come in handy for other things too. I saw a video where some guy was using a household cleaner with black plastic trash bags stuck to the windows by the cleaner. He let the car sit in the sun for a while to loosen the tint. Quite messy, and very hot in the car, but it worked for him. I was thinking about trying it. Steam cleaner has to be less of a mess, easier and the car won't have to be 100°+ inside it for the tint to peal off.
You've pointed me in the right direction.
Sunday, April 24, 2022 10:05 AM
Here is an update video.
https://youtu.be/o7eNeKLDHFk
Sunday, August 20, 2023 5:49 PM
Hey to anyone still here.
I've been messing around with the car some. Getting the exhaust setup figured out.
Here is a video, if interested;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CmT6XNRMYk
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search