Can't fine trany fluid dip stick - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can't fine trany fluid dip stick
Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:53 PM
Hi all, my car is having a lot of issue going into second gear, it will either take a long time to grip or just flat out rev the engine unless I let go of gas. My dad recommended checking trany fluid since its a 3 speed auto, but I cant find the dip stick for it. Is there one? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

94 cavalier 3 speed auto .... 2.2

Re: Can't fine trany fluid dip stick
Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:30 PM
the dipstick is on the drivers side of the intake manifold, right beside the plenum. it has a red handle.

it could be low on oil, but im sure you are going to find burnt oil in the tranny when you do pull the stock. typicaly when the fluid is low it will slip all the time, not just one thing. if the oil is burnt, then the the tranny is needing an overhaul. your not gonna fix a burnt up tranny with new oil.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:28 PM
On the 4-bangers, I think it actually at the bottom of the engine, driver side, facing the firewall....you may have to spray some engine degreaser down there to find it...it'll be a white handle that says Trans Fill

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:51 PM
89Sunbird wrote:On the 4-bangers, I think it actually at the bottom of the engine, driver side, facing the firewall....you may have to spray some engine degreaser down there to find it...it'll be a white handle that says Trans Fill

Maybe on the OHC, but with the 2.2, its right next to the upper intake manifold

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:28 PM
89Sunbird wrote:On the 4-bangers, I think it actually at the bottom of the engine, driver side, facing the firewall....you may have to spray some engine degreaser down there to find it...it'll be a white handle that says Trans Fill

thats on a standard tranny, not an auto. we are talking about an auto here.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search