Something different: 13" wheels - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Something different: 13" wheels
Friday, April 15, 2011 2:11 PM
There's plenty of threads and info about wheel sizes larger than stock, but I'm wondering if 13" wheels would fit on my 92 Z24 (I replaced the 91 VL).

http://omaha.craigslist.org/pts/2313122349.html

I need to replace the tires to make the car road worthy, right now I'm just trying to keep costs down. Once I save up some money I can worry about putting new tires on the stock 15's.

On a side note, just from the drive home I'm already loving the Z. Lots of power, lots of noise, revs surprisingly quick, and doesn't dive forward under braking like my VL did. It's mostly just for driving to work until I can get a better car but I may keep it longer to toy around with.

Re: Something different: 13" wheels
Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:18 PM
I understand keeping costs down, and you can shoe a 13" car for about $200, but the tires are crap at that level, and tough to find (at least they were for me). I found only a few companies make the 13" tire anymore, and few places carried or would order it.
Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:34 PM
They'll fit without any issues since they are '89 Cavalier rims however it being a 13" rim the tires will have taller sidewalls and worse handling since there is no performance 13" tires in that size.
Stick with the rims you have now and just shop around for tires, Check local junkyards for tires that have a decent amount of tread left.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:48 PM
13" wheels did not fit on my 1992 Sunbird, they fit they on the back but wouldn't clear the front brakes. but not all 13" wheels are the same. the ones I tried were steel.
Saturday, April 16, 2011 4:51 PM
A lot of replies, thanks.

The tires on the car right now are too dangerous to drive on, I drove the car home and it's going to stay there until it gets new tires. That's why I want to find a tire/rim combo that I can put on, and I'll just drive on that for awhile until I get the money to put tires on the 15"s which should only be about a month or two at most. I will keep shopping around though, I'd rather find 14" or 15" wheels anyway because I can keep them and put snow tires on them for winter. I've not really thought about shopping junkyards for tires, I will stop by and see what's available. J-body parts can't be too hard to find.
Friday, June 03, 2011 6:25 PM
I don't think the difference in price from buying rims and tires in 13" can be all that much to putting a basic tire on the 15's.....I'd just do that to start.

Everything Louder than Everything else
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search