Losing ATF Fluid; also lube points - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Losing ATF Fluid; also lube points
Sunday, January 01, 2012 4:24 PM
My "new" '91 3.1 v6 RS conv. loses about a pint of ATF fluid every two days. I'm going to get under the car tomorrow to check it out. No other fluid levels are rising, so I don't think it's leaking internally; also, there's nothing on the garage floor overnight. Do these things leak just while running? Might this be a leak in the ATF cooler hoses/miniradiator I've been reading about? Do I even have one?

Any help appreciated!

Richard

Re: Losing ATF Fluid; also lube points
Tuesday, January 03, 2012 7:48 PM
Check your transmission where the left and right side cv joints go into the transmission.Input shaft seals might be leaking.Mine are on my 85,working on fixing it this yr and have the parts.As for the inner cooler I am not super fluent with the v6 stuff but will check some of the junkers I see at the pull a parts and see if those trans coolers are running separate lines to the cooler and tied into the radiator where it might leak the fluid internally.Check your antifreeze just in case for mixing it will be gooey if so.Unless your tranns is burning up fluid.

Re: Losing ATF Fluid; also lube points
Tuesday, January 03, 2012 8:35 PM
And if there's trans fluid in your rad the rad hoses will also be puffed up real big at the ends
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search