1988 sunbird gt turbo replacement fender - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1988 sunbird gt turbo replacement fender
Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:25 AM
I've been asking around at different auto parts stores and my area and it seems as though you can't get a replacement fender for a sunbird gt turbo. The only listing is for the LE model, is the LE fender the same minus the fender flare?

Re: 1988 sunbird gt turbo replacement fender
Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:00 PM
To my knowledge the fender metal is the between models and yours being a 88 it has a limited choice junkyarding wise.Yeah a LE fender will be the same sheet metal minus the flaring.The flaring I am guessing on yours is damaged?Can you take a pic and post bc I do ALOT of junkyarding and find stuff nobody else seems to be able to get.The flare soley screws on as a mod and any 88,89 fender will fly.Not sure the 90 up to 94 stuff is exact in metal design but,probably would bolt up,but the metal bends or creases may not be the same.You have a rare find ride and I have seen later models like say 92,93 gts but not lately.Post a pic of yours for my reference.

Friday, January 06, 2012 7:12 AM
The fender flare is perfectly fine it's just there is just a big hole rusting out around the antenna.
Friday, January 06, 2012 8:06 PM
Well I know the local u pull yards do not have any 88 or 89 birds.There is a 1990 but not sure that fender design is the same.I think it might have different bends in the metal.If I see that there the same I could get you a fender.however I think the 88/89 are spot on the same,90 may have been when it might have changed some idk.

Friday, February 10, 2012 9:51 AM
i have a set of 89 sunbird fenders let me know if u r interested and other
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:46 PM
Thanks for the help but I'm just going to repair the fender I have on my car because it is not in as bad of shape as I thought.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search