91 cavalier VL window felt?? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
91 cavalier VL window felt??
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:25 PM
are these still aviable? i would like to do some cheap restoration work to this car. this car has been very, very good to me. i want to replace the carpet, do a cheap rustolem paint job (spray with my HVLP gun.... no rattle cans), and maybe replace the carpet. i have some rust developing on the body, no rot no holes just surface rust, and i have some rust issues on the drivers side floor. again no holes. carpet is extremely bad, the carpet has holes on the drivers side and i would like to fix that before it rots out. i have read some of the posts on how many miles some people have had out of these, at 220K on it (im guessing odometer no longer works) i could keep this car for another 4-5 years. car started out as a southern car and it has been rust stopped serveral times, the underneath is still in great shape. never had a problem with a gas tank, fuel line or brake line and from the looks of things underneath im not goimg to at least for a long time. that rust stop stuff really does work. if i could put a few hundred into it and keep it going for 4 or 5 more winters i would be thrilled, this car literally owes me nothing. it does have a rebuilt TH125 trans with approx 40-50K miles on it.

Re: 91 cavalier VL window felt??
Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:03 PM
The felt strips are discontinued, but there are still places you can get generic felt strips that can be used. Search on v6z24.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search