94 Sunbird LE door issues - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
94 Sunbird LE door issues
Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:15 PM
Probably going to need new hinges on at least the driver side, but the passenger side door doesn't work at all from either handle, and the window does the lovely busted guide flop. What I'm wondering is how to get the inner skin off with the door shut, or how to get it open when the linkages are disconnected somewhere inside.

Paid $500 for the car, so it's not a big loss if the door is too much hassle to fix, though I would like to be able to get in that side since the driver side is pretty worn too. Running reasonably smooth, (sometimes idles high, often idles somewhat variable after a cursory in-the-seller's-driveway hosing with carb cleaner through the PCV port on the intake, but it does go) though it needs shift linkage bushings so badly that if it had a stereo it wouldn't be able to go into 1, 3 or 5th gear.

Re: 94 Sunbird LE door issues
Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:29 PM
Since the door panel is in 2 or 3 separate pieces , I would try from the inside.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Re: 94 Sunbird LE door issues
Friday, January 29, 2016 3:29 PM
Didn't realize that was intentional. Was thinking about just finishing up the breakage the sun and previous owner had done and keeping an eye out for a new panel at the junkyard.

If I can get the engine running smooth again, I'll give that door another look.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search