Neon disc swap how to - Page 29 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Neon disc swap how to
Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:20 PM
Just putting it out there seeing that some people want to do this mod if anyone needs the brackets machined let me know my machinest is cool and has already done two sets for me,

Sunday, October 10, 2010 12:04 PM
cav93 wrote:Just putting it out there seeing that some people want to do this mod if anyone needs the brackets machined let me know my machinest is cool and has already done two sets for me,
i would like a set man, how much he charge for one set?

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Monday, October 11, 2010 1:17 AM
cav93 wrote:Just putting it out there seeing that some people want to do this mod if anyone needs the brackets machined let me know my machinest is cool and has already done two sets for me,

I would totally be done for a set if the price is reasonable. I won't need them until the spring, but I'd like to get an idea of what this would cost.
Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:37 PM
I decided to do the swap with neon parts. Here is a few pictures of everything. I dont have my lines hooked up yet, but everything else done and put together.

Monday, March 21, 2011 1:02 PM
What about a 03-05 with bigger drum? Is it possible to do a neon swap?
Monday, March 21, 2011 1:10 PM
sublinux wrote:What about a 03-05 with bigger drum? Is it possible to do a neon swap?

its not a problem if you follow the directions

Monday, March 21, 2011 2:04 PM
Correct me if im wrong, for a 3rd gen.. I need :

2 Machined Bracket from a compatible Dodge
2 Caliper
4 Pad
New line (SS)

And that it?
Monday, March 21, 2011 2:18 PM
Believe so there used to be someone selling a kit for this swap. I bought it but never used it and I am willing to sell it.

I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 1:58 PM
M-1 Erma Jean wrote:Believe so there used to be someone selling a kit for this swap. I bought it but never used it and I am willing to sell it.

PM Sent
Sunday, May 15, 2011 7:45 PM

Interesting... Did you run this with the brackets backwards? I wonder if that would feel different.. Sure would look alot better with the calipers on the same sides front and back..

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:27 PM
I can't imagine that it would make much difference which side the caliper is on, the bracket should hold the force either way, and there shouldn't be any difference in the force on the pads/caliper being on the front side vs the back...

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:55 PM
Mike wrote:

Interesting... Did you run this with the brackets backwards? I wonder if that would feel different.. Sure would look alot better with the calipers on the same sides front and back..

his installed pictures show them the opposite way

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Monday, May 30, 2011 1:33 AM
Alright, I have read into this thread a bit, about the first 9 pages anyway.. Its hard to gather some of the information.

I know the basic parts needed from the neon, that is the easy part. Machining is no problem, I have access to a milling machine. What else is involved with the swap, the more technical things I mean... I have seen the diagrams/measurments for the machining, that is easier to understand. But what ever became of the Ebrake situation? Does the J body cable hook up to the Neon mechanism? I need my Ebrake to function, I have 5speed and I DONT use my transmission for a parking brake. Also did anyone ever list the specific threads and/or a source for the brake line adapters? Also the proportioning and pressure issue for the rear lines? Was that ever found to be an issue for the 3rd gen cars or had everyone replaced the valves?

I know these questions have been asked over and over, and I hate to be that guy that asks the already answered questions but I really don't feel like reading through 20 more pages to find my answers. I believe this stickey needs to be condensed down into the basic needed information, and all the BS removed from the middle. Possibly have seperate threads for the different gen's to make information easier.
Monday, June 13, 2011 9:14 PM
Ok well the parking brake will hook up no prob the proportion valce are not needed and the adapter numbers i hav to look in my room at since i still have some uninstalled
Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:40 AM
s1lver_N1p (forum_Naz1) wrote:
Mike wrote:

his installed pictures show them the opposite way

I saw that. I was just wondering if he did run them like this at all.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:20 PM
Hey mike were you at lkq in Grand Rapids on saturday? saw your car there but did not have time to come try to find you to chat for a couple
Friday, June 08, 2012 3:02 AM
E-brake did not hook right up in my 01? I have an auto, so not a huge deal, but I wanna go fast(at the track) and am afraid of master cylinder goin out. I to would like to know about the ebrake cables better.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Friday, September 28, 2012 9:54 AM
hello there,

has anyone installed this without the dust cover ?
i have mine already modded but im missing 1 dust cover. will i be able to set the drum hardware without the dust cover ?

i also removed my abs system, will i need a reduction pressure valve for the rear disks or no? i have heard that it will not be necessary ...

thanks
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:17 AM
You can install without the dust cover, however you will loose the ability to run the parking brake as the pins that hold the shoes inside the rotor hat use the dust cover as the mount. A pressure valve is not needed. Old post I know, you have probably already have them installed by now.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Friday, January 18, 2013 10:31 AM
I have a set of brackets available if anyone is interested.
Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:50 AM
Quick question.

Does this swap cause any changes in offset?

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Sunday, February 03, 2013 9:28 AM
your wheels will be spaced out just a little more, but nothing to worry about unless your tires are already really close to the fender lip. it will move the tires out 1/4-3/8" maybe I'm doing this from memory from when I did this.

Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:33 PM
Thanks! I am quite worried due to the fact I am running my wheel setup as flush as possible.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 6:44 AM
Is there a way to figure out which Neon bracket uses which size rotor?

Rockauto is showing two different size rear disc setups for that generation Neon.

I basically have brackets only and need to piece together the disc/caliper/shoe/cable setup.

I just wanna be sure of which rotors I need!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:27 AM
Which year are you looking at?

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search