Tubular Control Arms - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tubular Control Arms
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:54 PM
Well after a long thought process on how to build the best and beefiest J-body arms I am happy to say we have accomplished our goal. After looking at a few designs in the past and seeing where they failed we have put extra care and consideration into these point and addressed them with the utmost concern. What we have developed here is the strongest set of arms out for the J's Period. We used only the strongest materials and best welding techniques to accomplish this goal. These arms are completed and will be set out for testing in the next week or so before we have them listed officially for sale. A group buy might be inorder if there is enough interest. Enjoy

SPECS:
    1" DOM steel tubing 3/16" Wall
    1/4" Cold Roll Steel gussets
    Polyurethane Front bushings with Yellow zinc plates sleeves
    Rear Spherical Bushings
    CNC 6061-T6 Rear Bushing Housings with zinc plated Screws
    CNC Cold roll Steel Rear Bushing Holder
    Plasma Cut Gussets(Heat treats in the Process)
    3/8" Plasma Cut Ball Joint Holders with Camber adjustment
    Tig Welded Tube Joints
    MIG Welded Gusset Joints

Please keep this thread clean, no bashing. If you wish to bash make a new thread so we can keep this one clean.

Thanks

Mark-OEM

Pics from Cell Phone ( Camera Battery Was dead Sometimes)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:05 PM

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Re: Tubular Control Arms
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:02 PM
Could you make a set to take the poly rear bushings instead of the Spherical Bushings?

Also, much better design than the RKSport ones.

What does one weigh?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:05 PM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:03 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll be watching this.

Want hub spacers? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:04 PM
Mark,

They look awesome. You and I both know we want a set of theese on my car! keep me in mind if we can get the price right in a group buy.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:10 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Could you make a set to take the poly rear bushings instead of the Spherical Bushings?

What does one weigh?

I will weigh one now. The RKS ones did not cope the joints into each other so the welded joints were far from par and the gussets were no where near strong enough or in the correct spot. These are a world of difference between the RKS one and Factory

We do not want to use Poly bushings in the rear, poly in that spot is not correct for that application (from our perspective)

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:10 PM

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:12 PM
Josh G. wrote:Mark,

They look awesome. You and I both know we want a set of these on my car! keep me in mind if we can get the price right in a group buy.

If the interest is there for 5-10 people we will start a GB. It all depends on interest.

Mark

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:17 PM
OEM wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Could you make a set to take the poly rear bushings instead of the Spherical Bushings?

What does one weigh?

I will weigh one now. The RKS ones did not cope the joints into each other so the welded joints were far from par and the gussets were no where near strong enough or in the correct spot. These are a world of difference between the RKS one and Factory

We do not want to use Poly bushings in the rear, poly in that spot is not correct for that application (from our perspective)

Mark

I'll have to ponder the rear some more. Completely agree on these being designed a @!#$ ton better.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:20 PM
No worries, I cant get to the units right now, but in about an hour I will weight them. Also if wanted we can post pics of our JIG set-up we developed.

Mark

OEM wrote:
Josh G. wrote:Mark,

They look awesome. You and I both know we want a set of these on my car! keep me in mind if we can get the price right in a group buy.

If the interest is there for 5-10 people we will start a GB. It all depends on interest.

Mark

Keep us posted!

I wish these would have been available about a month ago! I'm stuck with poly bushings in my stockers now.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:31 PM
holy HELL. thoroughly impressed, mark! i think these are OEM's best work ive seen yet, no joke.

price?!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:33 PM
Yea man, hot! Depending on price I would be in. And powdercoat of choice of color?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:39 PM
z yaaaa wrote:holy HELL. thoroughly impressed, mark! i think these are OEM's best work ive seen yet, no joke.

price?!

I know, we take our time and it seems to pay off in the long run. Making the JIG correctly, taking time to test the material strengths and then road testing. But after everything is said and done we have a product happy to put our name on.

These will run in the range of $550 powder coated your choice (Red or Black), if we get 10 people we can do them for cheaper, possibly by as much as $450

Mark

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:46 PM
wow man, nice work.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:49 PM
DAMN.... 550.....geez microsoft....j/k its a lil steep for now but looks like a good product

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:52 PM
OEM wrote:I know, we take our time and it seems to pay off in the long run. Making the JIG correctly, taking time to test the material strengths and then road testing. But after everything is said and done we have a product happy to put our name on.

These will run in the range of $550 powder coated your choice (Red or Black), if we get 10 people we can do them for cheaper, possibly by as much as $450

Mark

Let's start the pre-interest since we have a ball park.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
1.) Josh G. (Black)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:54 PM
Each arm weights in at 8.9 #'s. I can weight the stock ones tomorrow.

Mark

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:57 PM
i was hoping for a blue powder coating. lol. Oh well. Seriously though... It's awesome to have someone making control arms that won't break this time. If the testing and all goes well... I might pick me up a set.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:01 PM
Testing will take approximately 2-3 weeks once the customer gets them. After that, if we have no problems we will start a GB if the interest is there.

Mark

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:35 PM
I want a set but it all depends on my funds at the time of the purchase.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:39 PM
Shiaaat, I was thinking somewhere around 350 at first lol. No worries tho.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:45 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Shiaaat, I was thinking somewhere around 350 at first lol. No worries tho.

Maybe if we could get 20 people we could get the price in that range. I mean look at it this way folks, we all want a nice set of A-Arms but want them on the low low. Obviously the more people that display interest the lower we all can have them. Lower prices makes them more afforadable to others who normally could not afford them and for those of us who could afford them get to save $. Win Win situation.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:54 PM
Will be watching closely, those look sweet.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:35 PM
hmmm....wonder whose those are....
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:47 PM
giggity.....im in!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search