1999 N body Aluminum knuckle swap question - Page 11 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 1999 N body steering knuckle question
Monday, May 20, 2013 10:29 AM
That one issue wouldn't stop me though...

Monday, May 20, 2013 2:45 PM
Just to clarify, will these fit on an '89? If so, count me in!

Tony
Monday, May 20, 2013 6:22 PM
Tony Campbell wrote:Just to clarify, will these fit on an '89? If so, count me in!

Tony

The N/w/F swap works for the 89+ Beretta/Corsica's, so it will work perfectly fine for your 2nd Gen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:15 AM
LOL @ NFW swap on an 89 Corsica.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:16 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:LOL @ NFW swap on an 89 Corsica.

Thats so badass it hurts. I need to build a Corsica now. Ive seen some sick Berettas before.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:07 AM
Just posting in the bump steer thread got me thinking:

Would you guys be interested in them having a slightly modified steering arm on these? I could lower them slightly, or raise them so that a flipped setup could be used.

This will take a little bit of R&D before any more castings are made, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:54 PM
What about them without the steering arm for the gen 2 guys/ beretta folks
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:38 PM
I'm down for aluminum versions of the stock knuckle.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:52 PM
Wonder if there is a way to make the arm adjustable. The only issue I see with changing the position of the arm is like whats described in the bump steer thread. If its not in a desirable position it can make things worse like you said.

That being said I may be interested. I am hating the bump steer I have so much. Makes the car feel sketchy as hell to drive.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:00 PM
i guess i just dont notice my bump steer? lol

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:12 AM
I will admit mine is probably due alot to improper suspension setup. Once the Bc's go in I'm sure it'll get better.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:02 PM
Philly D wrote:Wonder if there is a way to make the arm adjustable. The only issue I see with changing the position of the arm is like whats described in the bump steer thread. If its not in a desirable position it can make things worse like you said.

That being said I may be interested. I am hating the bump steer I have so much. Makes the car feel sketchy as hell to drive.
I would make sure that it was exactly aligned properly. The issue with just flipping the location on a factory arm is that it gets moved too far. MC Money actually had a thread about this a few years ago, and he had a great illustration of the issue with it. By moving the arm itself, you can get it exactly where it belongs.
JUCNBST wrote:I'm down for aluminum versions of the stock knuckle.
Being able to use the factory caliper would require a lot more work on the casting than I'm currently doing. I could possibly find a lug-mount caliper that would work with the factory rotors, though.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:04 PM
I thought the set of aluminum knuckles you made up were based on the stock knuckles. Having to use another caliper doesn't bother me one bit.

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:00 AM
JUCNBST wrote:I thought the set of aluminum knuckles you made up were based on the stock knuckles. Having to use another caliper doesn't bother me one bit.
They're based on the N-body knuckles, with the more universal GM caliper bolt pattern. The stock J-body knuckles have a caliper-specific floating mount built into it, instead of having bolt-on brackets. (look at the Wilwood how-to and you'll see the parts that are cut off to mount their kit).

Friday, May 24, 2013 11:14 AM
yea ef the j-body brake setup. i want a set of n-body design with j-body attributes billet knuckles.

Friday, May 24, 2013 11:18 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:yea ef the j-body brake setup. i want a set of n-body design with j-body attributes billet knuckles.
LOL. We've been over this dude. You just gotta save your dough and I'll get them made.

Your wallet has a very short attention span.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 24, 2013 11:18 AM

Monday, May 27, 2013 8:05 AM
LMAO that it does!!!!!! dont worry bud, the parts for my white car trickle in even despite my lack of "attention" to getting them bought. it took me 3 years of "yes im finally gonna buy them" to get the wilwood kit for it. now it just sits in the closet awaiting installation along with tons of other ish for it. ill get them.. i vow it. billet knuckles will be mine, oh yes.

Sunday, September 08, 2013 7:25 PM
Has there been any progress on this? I'm getting really close to having to replace brakes.
Monday, September 09, 2013 12:56 PM
i moved the box mine are in. does that count as progress?

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Monday, September 09, 2013 7:17 PM
not really, i'm hoping there was some other movement.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:56 AM
Spook 427 wrote:not really, i'm hoping there was some other movement.

X2 Getting ready to sell my Grand Am that has F-body calipers on it and would love to be able to put them to good use when I return the Grand Am to stock.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:44 AM
I'm very sorry guys. I still have not gotten to the shop to get the machining done. I've got F-body and N-body calipers, the Wilwood rotors, a Celica rotor, and a brand new hub, all waiting to be fit and tested. I just haven't coordinated with the machinist to get it all done. I'll do my best. Life has been crazy this year, but it's finally started to settle down a bit where I can think about getting back to my projects.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:30 PM
And.....then........

Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:36 PM
Bump. I need a new project!
Would love to buy a set. Seems you do go r/d
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:56 AM
bump

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search