1999 N body Aluminum knuckle swap question - Page 8 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 1999 N body steering knuckle question
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:19 AM
JUCNBST wrote:^450 or 500, he machine's the knuckles and makes the adaptors........I'll still prob spend time in hopes of finding an alternative....
Patience may pay off soon...Stay tuned to the big brake question thread. I haven't forgotten about it, and I'm close to having something to show you guys.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:09 PM
Yes, I made those. In order to make them correct you need to have everything in house. Everything needs to fit together perfect, last thing you want is a loose wheel bearing at 100mph.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:50 PM
OverKill All The Way!!!!! wrote:Yes, I made those. In order to make them correct you need to have everything in house. Everything needs to fit together perfect, last thing you want is a loose wheel bearing at 100mph.

What about a live bomb strapped to yourself...that's the last thing I want
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:20 PM
Sweet, I hope in a few months. I got a pair of GA control arms and rear disks to do.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:50 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:Patience may pay off soon...Stay tuned to the big brake question thread. I haven't forgotten about it, and I'm close to having something to show ou guys.

Sweet, I'll kee an eye out.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:27 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:^450 or 500, he machine's the knuckles and makes the adaptors........I'll still prob spend time in hopes of finding an alternative....
Patience may pay off soon...Stay tuned to the big brake question thread. I haven't forgotten about it, and I'm close to having something to show you guys.

Can't wait to see it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:27 AM

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:30 AM
OverKill All The Way!!!!! wrote:Yes, I made those. In order to make them correct you need to have everything in house. Everything needs to fit together perfect, last thing you want is a loose wheel bearing at 100mph.

OEM, do you still make your Wilwood BBK for the jbody?? I do not see it on your site anymore

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:41 AM
Yep sure do. BIg updates coming soon.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:07 AM
OverKill All The Way!!!!! wrote:Yep sure do. BIg updates coming soon.

Mark

I am anxious to see both kits.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:40 PM
Any updates?
Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:17 AM
I will very soon. I just got an email from the shop making part of my prototype, and they're shipping them out today or tomorrow. It will still be a couple of weeks before I have it all together, but I will post some teaser pics shortly.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:55 AM
sweet

Monday, August 20, 2012 5:58 PM
Quick question, I have to replace my axles, this won't require hybrid axles? I can use stock axles?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:09 AM
It will use stock everything, except the calipers and rotors.

I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag here, just to appease some of your curiosity. Enjoy...

What you have there in front of you, people, is a brand new casting of A356 aluminum with T6 heat treatment. As you can see, the machining is not done on it yet, but it will be shortly. These knuckles will take the J-body hubs, ball joints, and tie rod ends (no need to swap to any N-body parts). The first one is going to be set up for F-body dual piston calipers, Wilwood Ultralite rotors, and custom hats designed for the setup.

Comments, questions? Fire away...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:27 AM

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:34 AM
Badass I can't wait
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:50 PM
How much????

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:15 PM
lmao and after all the work i put into getting the n's to work.

oh well.

whats the weight vs stock?

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:17 PM
Very cool, Mr. Quick. I'm down for a pair. I. Had planed on running the Celica 11" rotor when I got around to a swap with n body calipers.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:28 PM
Roofy, I will not know the final price until the machine work is set up and I get the cost for that. It shouldn't be too long before I have that info. My machinist is just finishing up a couple of other things for me, and then we'll sit down and bang one of these out. I will, of course, post the results here.

Brad, after I'm done, I'll post the weight of the entire setup, as well as the weight of just the knuckles. I expect this will be the lightest setup available. After the first one is done, I'm going to analyze the structure. I think I can shave some more weight after I check it all out, but this is a starting point.

JUSNBST, that's an interesting mix. It might require a specific offset for the hub mount and caliper ears, but the beauty of these castings is that the machine work can be done to accommodate specific setups.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:33 PM
you the man shawn keep me us updated and i may be wanting a set

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:51 PM
My reasoning for the celica rotor was the specs were almost dead on save for the overal diameter by a few mm to an n body rotor but in 5x100 bolt pattern.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:08 PM
JUCNBST wrote:My reasoning for the celica rotor was the specs were almost dead on save for the overal diameter by a few mm to an n body rotor but in 5x100 bolt pattern.
I forgot that you mentioned that a while back. That could be a nice setup for guys who want to run smaller rims. Also, there is a Wilwood 11" x .81" rotor that might work, that would be even lighter with the right hat.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:28 PM
Will these accept the abs sensors? This is awesome I've been holding out on installing my ga control arms on which ball joints to use.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:28 PM
This setup is still hopefully going to clear z24 wheels, right?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:11 PM
Dave I can't see why they wouldn't clear if you use all the stock hardware....

Mr. Quick-ay idea on the pricing for that willwood rotor? I might g that route. I only looked into factory parts for the swap when I was looking into this at the begining.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search