Kybs and Intrax Springs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Kybs and Intrax Springs
Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:41 PM
I'm planning on using Kyb Gr2 shocks and struts with my Intrax lowering springs. Does anyone have a set up similar to this? Are you guys with the kyb gr2s happy with their performance? They seemed kinda cheap so I'm kinda hesitating on getting them. Thanks for your input

Re: Kybs and Intrax Springs
Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:12 PM
stay away from gr-2s if you plan on lowering your car. they are fine only if you plan on using them for stock springs

Friday, September 18, 2009 2:22 AM
AZ24Ncav wrote:stay away from gr-2s if you plan on lowering your car. they are fine only if you plan on using them for stock springs

Yup

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, September 18, 2009 3:54 AM
I'm not looking to do a crazy suspension set up for road courses or anything, I just want something a little nicer for daily driving. Do you have any recommendations for shocks and struts that won't break my bank?
Friday, September 18, 2009 4:41 AM
kyb agx's

"big boom big boom"-Adam Savage. "quack damn you"-Jamie Hyneman "mythbusters"
Friday, September 18, 2009 6:07 AM
Micah Kidd wrote:I'm not looking to do a crazy suspension set up for road courses or anything, I just want something a little nicer for daily driving.

It's not a matter of your driving style, but GR-2's are stock replacements. They can not handle the drop, especially not as low as the Intrax (which, IIRC, is 2" all around). They can easily bottom out on bumps causing them to blow. They also can not handle the increased spring rate very well.

As said in this forum thousands of times, do it right, or don't do it.

If you have to save for a few extra weeks to get the better struts, wait and do it right. You won't regret it, but you may regret buying the wrong ones very quickly.

Friday, September 18, 2009 7:13 AM
thanks guys. yea i think i'm gonna save up and spend the extra money and get some kyb agx's. appreciate the input
Monday, September 21, 2009 9:50 AM
What they said. Being on here 10 year i have seen people say KYB GR-2's are good. I have seen a number of people who were disappointed with the recommendation and some said they wasted their money because the struts were gone in less than a month.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search