Coilover sleeves on 04 cavalier. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coilover sleeves on 04 cavalier.
Saturday, July 01, 2017 6:53 AM
I know they aren't not the best at all but I'm getting them for 100$ lol just wanted to know what the best strut is to go with.

Re: Coilover sleeves on 04 cavalier.
Saturday, July 01, 2017 7:06 PM
I'd save the money and not half ass it.

if I remember right no one makes struts for the cavalier that are the right rating for the springs commonly used on those things.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Tuesday, July 04, 2017 8:13 PM
Sleeves (aside from ground controls) have ridiculously high spring rates for the jbody platform. If you're planning to dump the car either koni yellows or tokico d specs will handle the drop but they aren't cheap. (Unless you find somebody selling a used set)

Best option is BC racing coilovers. Yellows or dspecs typically run $5-600. BC run right around $1k and will go lower than a sleeve setup while maintaining ride quality.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:19 AM
Hunter Gaudet wrote:I know they aren't not the best at all but I'm getting them for 100$ lol just wanted to know what the best strut is to go with.

You can get them cheaper than that. If you're going to get cheap crap, at least get the lowest price.

As mentioned, you need Koni Yellows or Tokico D-Specs or HP Blues (same as D-Specs, but no adjustment), and the spring rate that those generic coilovers come with are way too stiff for our cars.

I would replace the springs on those with something in the 150-200lb range. You can get 2.5" springs from Summit Racing from a number of different companies, and they're not terribly expensive. Just measure the ones that the sleeves come with, and order the correct length.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search