3rd gen Ecotec swap how-to - Page 3 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 3rd gen Ecotec swap how-to
Monday, June 11, 2007 6:50 PM
john or PJ... if i ever do a eco swap would either of you care to stay at my place!?!! i'd feel soo much better!!!

Friday, June 15, 2007 8:51 PM
John Higgins wrote:
Philly D wrote:Thank you that does help..i have those lines..i was more worried about the hard lines to the tank..i have a99 so ihave a bastard year..meaning i have the same as 2000's but with the canister in the back but the metal tank...i was just making sure i didnt need to get the hard lines to the rear.phil

If your canister is in the rear you should be good on the metal lines then.

someone told me I'd still have to swap the metal lines over...this is good news!!!

Saturday, June 16, 2007 6:59 AM
Godspeed wrote:john or PJ... if i ever do a eco swap would either of you care to stay at my place!?!! i'd feel soo much better!!!

I'm always willing to make a road trip!

FU Tuning

Saturday, June 16, 2007 8:34 PM
John Higgins wrote:
Philly D wrote:Ok i have the 99 up lines..and the eco whips that go from the eco rail..that what you mean?

Let me see if I can help. Here is a picture of a Ecotec fuel lines (the black part will remove from the lines)

On your 2200 motor that line is welded to the fuel rail and does not comes off. As PJ said you can cut it and use hose clamps to connect to the Ecotec fuel rail. Hose clamps can leak. The safe way is to get the line (black part in the picture). Hope this helps.

Oh god, your bring up horrible memories now The gas tank/lines swap was probably the worst part of the whole swap!!

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Monday, June 18, 2007 7:11 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:
John Higgins wrote:
Philly D wrote:Ok i have the 99 up lines..and the eco whips that go from the eco rail..that what you mean?

Let me see if I can help. Here is a picture of a Ecotec fuel lines (the black part will remove from the lines)

On your 2200 motor that line is welded to the fuel rail and does not comes off. As PJ said you can cut it and use hose clamps to connect to the Ecotec fuel rail. Hose clamps can leak. The safe way is to get the line (black part in the picture). Hope this helps.

Oh god, your bring up horrible memories now The gas tank/lines swap was probably the worst part of the whole swap!!

Nah it is not bad at all.

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:00 PM
now i can't wait my car had a full tank when she bit the dust.

Friday, November 16, 2007 3:37 PM
STICKY!!! Now, if we can just get one of the guys to do a writeup like this for the 3400 swap
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:18 PM
back from the dead. but was wondering on the trans part of the swap. what was reused, needed, and recomended for replacement. thanks in advanced

just like ive heard before plan and prep to make this go quick..

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 6:19 PM
you'll need the Eco trans. flywheel and clutch depending on the shape of the one you get, mileage, etc., unless you happen to get the Eco and trans together and their low mileage. trans mounts are reused, but I'd opt for the TTR bushings. shift cables, clutch fluid lines, reservoir, and axles are reused.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:19 PM
awsome yeah im planning on getting a spec clutch, complete TTR bushings, and low milage trans and engine. next question is more for boost or for performance. but would it be better to get a lightened flywheel or use stock to keep the inertia up when boosting??

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:48 PM
Its an old thread but.......

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:01 AM
STICKY!!!! DAMN YOU !!!!!

Ok does anyone have the part numbers for the TB Cable and Fuel Lines? I've been looking for about 2 hours and havent found anything yet and its starting to piss me off..... So if anyone has it gimme

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:43 AM
probaly have to get them out of a yard. only sticky if this gets heavily edited, lots of missing info.

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:52 AM
Well I found the TB Cable at GM PARTS Cheaps Online for around 19 bucks.... Now number though ... All I need now is the fuel lines, I remember them being listed a year or so back I just cant find them anymore.

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:50 AM
had the numbers at work, i don't know if there still there ill check i have to stop there later

Friday, February 22, 2008 7:55 PM
If you can get them that'll be great

Friday, February 22, 2008 8:43 PM
forgot to look when i stoped by i work tomorrow i'll check.

Friday, February 22, 2008 11:13 PM
Throttle cable ecotec - GM P/N - 22722286
Throttle Cruise cable GM P/N- 22697612

These service manuals are fawking PIMP!!!!!!!!.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:32 PM
i could not find those numbers they must threw the book i wrote them on away. sorry.

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:19 AM
DAMN!!!! thanks anyway..

Cody get me the Fuel line numbers in the nice lil book of yours... And cruise control is for bitches so that cable i wont need

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:43 PM
BubbaKnoxz wrote:DAMN!!!! thanks anyway..

Cody get me the Fuel line numbers in the nice lil book of yours... And cruise control is for bitches so that cable i wont need

Doesn't have those in the book. Just random P/N's it seems.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:53 PM
Anyone else might have that lovely number i so desperately need

Friday, February 29, 2008 1:08 PM
JRTHOMPSON wrote:probaly have to get them out of a yard. only sticky if this gets heavily edited, lots of missing info.

what info is missing?

this is pretty much complete for the 00-02 swaps. I can't edit until its made a sticky.

Friday, February 29, 2008 2:10 PM
i feel that there is alot of info missing like you have to use the eco tranny shifter bracket , cannot use 2.4 radiator does not flow coolant properly, make sure you stick with a ecm that is specific to the motor you have, fuel line part #'s, info on changing the evap vacum lines, fuel vacum lines, and the line coming out of the firewall(i still dont know what its for),im sure there was other stuff i was scratching my head about but cant remember.

im not saying its not a good start but its the little stuff that i mentioned that took me a week due to running all over ohio to get it done and the cost of a diag to find out about the ecm problems. especially the shifter bracket that had me gasp for air like "where am i gonna find that!!!"

i do respect you and respect what you've done but some of use are not as knowledgable as you on the ecotec and would like to be.

please STICKY this so it can be edited....b]STICKYb]STICKYb]STICKYb]STICKY

Friday, February 29, 2008 2:57 PM
JRTHOMPSON wrote:you have to use the eco tranny shifter bracket

my trans came with that bracket so I didn't have to swap it over. Of course thinking about it more carefully are you sure they aren't the same? it is the same transmission after all...

JRTHOMPSON wrote: cannot use 2.4 radiator does not flow coolant properly

first post wrote:-Ecotec radiator* * 2.4 swappers may not have to change these parts, however for 2200 OHV swappers it will be required

JRTHOMPSON wrote:make sure you stick with a ecm that is specific to the motor you have

first post wrote:-Ecotec engine with all accessories, wiring harness, and ECU

Quote:

fuel line part #'s,

those I have yet to dig up.

Quote:

info on changing the evap vacum lines, fuel vacum lines, and the line coming out of the firewall(i still dont know what its for),

I could have swore I mentioned this in the original post, but apparently I didn't.

the hose coming out of the firewall is for the HVAC. without a vacuum source, the vents won't change position (defrost to front vents, front/feet mix, feet only, etc)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search