100shot GOES BOOM!!!! - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 100shot GOES BOOM!!!!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:36 AM
lol, at least it still runs......

could have been worse

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, September 25, 2006 12:46 PM
ehh, sry I've been gone! Well banned for a month but anywho......the verdict on this was I blew a nice big hole in my nitrous line (n2o solenoid to nozzle). I'm 100% positive that happened because of the line being ran under my intake and on top of the head. The lines must have gotten hot and slowly bubbled away the hose inside until the pressure from the nitrous being sprayed was too much for it.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, September 25, 2006 2:17 PM
did he have his nitrous on during his burnout?
Monday, September 25, 2006 5:47 PM
^^ No burnout! This was going down a long 4-lane stretch which turns into the entrance ramp for the highway.

A pic of the problem!

That hole is as big as your avg pinky..

P.s - This is what you WANT to happen if you ever have a nitrous backfire......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, September 25, 2006 6:11 PM

Monday, September 25, 2006 8:02 PM
Wow that sucks.....i guess your going to have to go direct port now huh?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:14 AM
oh sorry i meant about the video speedracerz posted above.
Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:03 PM
ouch. At least you figured it all out now. I'll have to make sure to double check my routing to make sure I don't have anything like that. BTW, sucks that you got hit by the big bad ban hammer you signature abusing bastard.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:58 PM
lmfao! I still think the sig thing is ghey as hell! Especially if you're paying for membership......

30x 80pixels over costs almost nothing in bandwidth and i'm paying $2

Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:56 PM
ya whatever man. Quit making excuses you habitual line stepper

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:24 PM
jamal, do you ever make it down to barrett pkwy?
Thursday, October 05, 2006 6:41 PM
lmao nahhh not anymore! Wrecked the car! More than likely going eco now, just because it's so easy, not because I don't have love for the 2200!

Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:52 PM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:lmao nahhh not anymore! Wrecked the car! More than likely going eco now, just because it's so easy, not because I don't have love for the 2200!
You suck. What motor parts do you have to sell? (I collect parts from everyone who ditches their motors...then someday I will use the parts against them muahahaha )

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:05 PM
When did you wreck it? did you make a post in the jacked forum? I dont look there all to often. How did it happen, everyone ok?

Friday, October 06, 2006 8:59 AM
Ya man, fill us in with whats going on. Notec, that is funny as hell.

Friday, October 06, 2006 4:18 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=23&i=40280&t=40280&p=2

IU'm actually thinking of starting with just a fresh 2200 now that I have all these parts for it! I do have some things sitting in my bedroom that needs to get in there

Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:02 AM
Quote:

It' has even been shown that adding an intake onto a stock 2.2eco and 2200 have given lean conditions because of all the extra incoming air.

My car for example.... I'm still on a search for colder plugs to see if that helps any.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 1:43 AM
It's pretty hard to tell^^^

Without having a wideband hooked up stock and then mod after mod, there's no certain proof. I actually noticed how on a couple cars once we installed an intake only or intake with small bolt-ons the car would bog down low more from let's say 1200-2400rpm. Some would say this is because of the de-install of the stock intake system which has been known to give more TQ in the low end(oddly enough). Well after doing some research with my plugs and using 2 different sets I've found that after adding an intake it leaves a whitish powder on the plug. I did this on our old stock 4dr 2200 after adding my intake, on a friends eco twice with 2 sets, and on my car which has an intake, slight TB porting, and of course head work. It's no surprise mine left the most amount of white build up over the Tr6's......

Here's a site I usually sorta kinda go by even though all the plugs used in the pictures are old technology, it still gives you the idea.....

http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Spark_Plugs_catalog.html

Off hand I'm not sure if a better plug will help the problem, but while re-building the car, i'm installing 00-02 z24 injectors

Sunday, October 08, 2006 3:29 AM
I have a narrow-band AFR installed, and it hardly stays in the "stoich" range, both pre and post header install.

Last time I pulled the plugs to check for lean (about 3 weeks ago):
Quote:

Well after doing some research with my plugs and using 2 different sets I've found that after adding an intake it leaves a whitish powder on the plug.

Same, classic sign of lean burn.

I don't have the option of an injector swap... damn side feed....

For the time being though, no spray till the new motor goes in

Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:13 PM
Bball, I'm sure that the HP tuners is going to help out greatly with that whole situation as well. Are you thinking that a little more fuel could produce some more NA power??? That spark plug read is pretty sweet. Gonna have to bookmark that one.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 4:39 PM
Yea reading spark plugs is what our fathers and grandfathers had to do when no widebands were around lmao! And adding fuel will definately balance out your power and honestly I'd run it a tad on the rich side, nothing to where it adds crazy amounts of black soot over your plugs but enough to where it insures there's enough fuel being put into the engine to compensate for any incoming air velocity changes!

I saw a new one last week after breaking down the motor.......

The tips are actually a bright green/yellow. Not that titanium look that you see on mufflers and DC headers but like a crayon look

Yea.......iono haha!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:03 PM
trust me u would of known if it was a nitrouse back fire and there most comen on wet kits when not used properly or with leaking fuel noids into the intake = boom.
i have seen enuff cars burn to the ground on the street and the track from idiots who spray off the line below 3000 rpm not useing a window switch or puddling fuel.
personly i think wet kits are still the safest as long as a upgraded fuel pump is used as well as a window switch and a timming tuner /fuel psi safty switch and a full throtal switch .

its not fast untill i say it is

Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:14 AM
I've witnessed about 3 actual backfires and they sounded exactly the same as what happened to me! Mine was just as dangerous considering I was spraying @ 1300psi on the bottle while my head was cooking away at the N2o line at more than 200-350 degrees on the outside shell........

That would've been a disastrous outcome if I had any loose spark or something to that effect in the engine bay......

Monday, October 30, 2006 11:22 AM
jamal,

please tell me your sticking with the 2200... it makes no sense not too...

youve got all these parts for it already. plus aftermarket parts are cheaper for the ohv then the ecotec.

but dont leave

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:39 AM
yea it seems like I am! This OHV is pretty damn tough! Took all the abuse I threw at it and still cranked up like brand new after the rebuild.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:39 PM
^^so you are goin eco..or your not. say your not

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search