timing retard ? - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: timing retard ?
Saturday, May 12, 2007 7:24 AM
i wouldn't worry to much about it if u do it right u will be fine i ran a 75shot for a season ran 13.88 at 98mph with no timing mods and that same stock motor is now going another season with a turbo hoping for 12s. just make sure u have a breather on your crank case instead of having it hooked to your intake this way u will keep your combustion chambers carbon free and run some combustion cleaner threw it when your going to work or something put some good 1 step colder plugs in also make sure your kit is wired to a rpm activated switch that turns on 3000 or higher or at least a throttle switch DO NOT use the button on the steering wheel idea no matter how cool u feel. run your tank down to 1/4 when your going to race premium fuel of course and put a bottle of good octane boost in brand doesn't really matter just make sure its say on the bottle how much octane your gaining like 2,3,4,or 5 points or something not just the Fraze it " increases your octane " also put a new fuel filter in and get some drag radials or slicks and don't over drive the car burn outs are pointless (for the time we run) u just heat soak the engine and abuse the crap out of everything just get a good tire and drive around the burn out box and race i know people are going to say well i ran this time on my street tire and u need slicks i run slicks and i run the same time every time and having a consistent factor like that makes it easy to improve the car and without breaking parts i ran 13.88s with my stock motor and clutch and never had a problem with anything its the art of walking on egg shells your fine until u send shock threw them when a person revs the motor up and pops the clutch u need to remember everything between the tires and the explosion in the combustion chamber is feeling that shock and all that energy is trying to find the easiest way out so be smooth as possible and most of all after getting this all done go get on a dyno with a wide band and make sure your afr are safe don't just assume it what will cost more 1 hour on the dyno or the tow truck home and a new motor.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 8:15 AM
Very well put.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 8:47 AM
I have the switch on the t.b.,and couldn't I just put 110 octane in instead of a bottle of octane booster?(button on steering wheel )Getting some GOOD copper plugs instead of the Autolites I have(not 103's).When you say"combustion cleaner" do you mean like that "seafoam" stuff?Thanks

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:45 AM
use any good cleaner. the spray in kind or in your tank or both. and if u can get your hands on race fuel without a doubt use it. the fuel won't make u that much faster but it will give u a huge safety net just make sure its lead free
Monday, May 14, 2007 5:47 AM
what MSD can I use that might be cheaper than the dis2?And LEVI what mods did you have to run that time that you did?

Monday, May 14, 2007 1:41 PM
octane booster doesnt work. just run 93 octane or 100 octane make sure it is unleaded. and get autolite 103's or ngk tr6's and you will be ok

Monday, May 14, 2007 1:52 PM
whats the consensus on dry gas? I know what its supposed to be used for but whats the octane level on that? Would that work better than octane booster?

Cheesecake - I'm lovin the dog! I used to have three of them. God I miss them, they were freakin hillaaaaarious!

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Monday, May 14, 2007 4:34 PM
cheese what's up,how's the ride runnin?

Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:49 PM
no there is nothing cheaper than the dis u can use. as for mods i had upper, lower and trans. mounts LO intake manifold, cold air intake kn, crank case breather, ngk tr6ix plugs, home made engine ground kit , pacesetter header, mandrel bent 2 1/4 exhaust magnaflow resonator and muffler o2 sim,no cat, blazer pump , slicks 1/4 tank of gas, spare tire ,floor mats and all junk removed
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search