newb to the bottle - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: newb to the bottle
Friday, October 24, 2008 8:29 PM
Holy cow guy, chill on the caps.
First of all, because I want my car to sound like a tuner dosen't mean I'm a "NOOB". Second, none of your business? If I wanted to tear my muffler off and glue a bag of potatoes there it would be my choice. Third, don't get me started on audio. Just don't. I know what I'm doing, let's leave it at that. Fourth, a cage would look cool I think, which once again, is MY CHOICE. I think your rims look gay and I would rather have a piece of chicken wire in the place of a cavalier stock bumper (seriously, looks like those cars have like an underbite) but it's your call man. And even if it was at 89, 15.2 is not impressive.

I drive this car everyday, I want it to be a little faster when I stomp on it, and I want it to look and sound good. I'm not looking to run 10's in a convertible sunfire. Much less brag about 15's.

There's a thin line to be crossed, when the upgrades to your vehicle increase your chance to get tickets by an amount exponential enough to stop worrying and build the fastest, loudest car you can.

Friday, October 24, 2008 11:09 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:aND THE CORRECT MPH IS 89,79 WAS ON THE SLIP AND IT WAS INACCURATE,DUE TO RUNNING AT A CRAPPY TRACK,IWAS INFORMED BY A MEMBER OF JBOM THAT THE RIGHT LANE MPH WAS OFF BY 10MPH,THERE YA GO SMART GUY

.ALSO IN REFERENCE TO YOUR "WRECKED" COMMENT,YEAH SO WHAT I HIT A DEER,@!#$ HAPPENS,I JUST STARTED TO MOD THE CAR AND THAT ACCIDENT HAPPENED A YEAR AGO,HAD IT NOT I'M SURE I WOULD BE MUCH FURTHER ALONG.BUT SOMONE WHO WANTS TO REMOVE THEIR MUFFLER TO SOUND LIKE A"TUNER"MUST HAVE A WONDERFULLY SMART IDEA BEHIND IT,LMAO,NOOBS

why u being a smart as* about the mph? for a young punk i was right wasnt I..and I am taking your advice, And how are you getting that I act like I know more than you? I told the other guy to quit posting if he was going to bash on my help...so where are you pulling your info from....and as far as me wrecking my car, I'm a college student paying about $18,000 a year so its a lil hard to mod as i please, but your 32 and should have a "good" job so why dont you have more mods? im not trying to be a di*k but dont accuse me of sh*t.....Im not here to bash on anyone, and i dont see a point on anyone bashing anyone else either....I'm here for info, and I do appreciate your info...thanks 4 that
Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:48 AM
Ok John,I thought you were telling me to quit posting because you thought i was bashing you or something.Secondly,I have had V8's most of my life so for my first attempt a modding a 4cyl. I would like to think with the little time and funds I had available I was on the right track.I also had a lot of advice and help from the well known folks on this site,Skunk,Zyaaaa,DTP,OG Nick,Tabs,other JBOM members,just to name a few,so I like to think I know what I'm talking about with the knowledge gained from them.

Third,I have a kid and at the time an expensive gf so money was always tight even with a $15 hr job-child support bills,etc; doesn't leave much money to mod does it?Also,Michigan's economy is one of the worst so finding jobs are few in between right now.I'm not trying to bash either but I HATE it when someone who OBVIOUSLY has NO IDEA what their talking about in reference to nitrous & comes here and tries to steer someone away from ideas.I learned from the FAQ's,members here,and a friend of mine who has had nitrous on 4cyl's and V-8s' so i guess take some peoples' advice how you will.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:15 AM
98_JB-OvERT wrote:Holy cow guy, chill on the caps.
First of all, because I want my car to sound like a tuner dosen't mean I'm a "NOOB". Second, none of your business? If I wanted to tear my muffler off and glue a bag of potatoes there it would be my choice. Third, don't get me started on audio. Just don't. I know what I'm doing, let's leave it at that. Fourth, a cage would look cool I think, which once again, is MY CHOICE. I think your rims look gay and I would rather have a piece of chicken wire in the place of a cavalier stock bumper (seriously, looks like those cars have like an underbite) but it's your call man. And even if it was at 89, 15.2 is not impressive.

I drive this car everyday, I want it to be a little faster when I stomp on it, and I want it to look and sound good. I'm not looking to run 10's in a convertible sunfire. Much less brag about 15's.

Ok now on to you Noob,you are in fact a noob with the comments and ideas you want to implement on your car,ask anyone here.Your right,it is YOUR choice to tear off a muffler(which is retarded)the same as it's someone's chioce to put a 2 ft. aluminum wing on a Cavalier or Sunfire,it is your choice to get laughed at.

I don't care about audio,I've been doing my own audio setups long before you ever knew what a pair of tweeters were.You can add as many subs,LED dash lights,glow kits from Autozone,as you want.What YOU think MIGHT be cool is really not,you need to READ more on this site not just look at "cool" pics of some of the "ricey" J's here.

Ok,the cage(sigh).Plain and simple, it's not pratical for what your plans are,you don't need it,shouldn't have it, and to add one just because you THINK it would look cool(crowd laughs) shows how much of a "noob" you really are.

You can say what you want about my old rims,your right, they sucked,had HUGE spacers on them,were from the 90's, and were only 16" rims,BUT at the time it cost me $100 for all four and that's what I could afford.

Lastly,I put the time in my sig. just like many here put their,13,14,and 15 sec. times in their sig.,hmmm.didn't even notice the 60' time did ya?2.1 is pretty dam good for a heavy ass Vert.I have NEVER bragged about my time,why would I?But I would have to say knocking over a second off the stock time with less than $600 in mods was pretty good..Then again do you even know what the factory stock time is for your car?Or how about the gross weight,prolly not,those things wouldn't concern someone who is going to drive down the road in a mufflerless,Convertible Sunfire with a "Wall of subs" and lead foot only to get beat by the soccer mom in a transport mini van.

Also I live right between Genesee Rd, and Belsay on Atherton,if you would like to further this discussion personally,I can arrange that

Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:30 PM
theres so much love on this site lol but ya to say naws, NOS, etc..... will blow your motor is really not 100 percent true, yes some people have because of stupidity but then again didn't nitrous Nate run a 100 shot through a completely stock motor and run 13s? I could be wrong on the times but thats an example of what nitrous can do. so you decide for your self I don't update my registry as much as I can cause Im not on here to have a pissing match......and a noob on this site is people who have no clue or havent been on this site long enough to care about

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:55 PM
AJ B wrote:theres so much love on this site lol but ya to say naws, NOS, etc..... will blow your motor is really not 100 percent true, yes some people have because of stupidity but then again didn't nitrous Nate run a 100 shot through a completely stock motor and run 13s? I could be wrong on the times but thats an example of what nitrous can do. so you decide for your self I don't update my registry as much as I can cause Im not on here to have a pissing match......and a noob on this site is people who have no clue or havent been on this site long enough to care about

If I'm not mistaken it was Jarett Beijer AKA Nitro that ran low 13's with a n20 kit,window switch,drag radials but anyway,here's the Wikipedia def. of noob. Newbie (also said as nooby or newby) is a slang term for a newcomer to online gaming or an Internet activity. It can also be used for any other activity in whose context a somewhat clueless newcomer could exist. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgement

But the main point that I was making was that John should not listen to uneducated statements like said above especially when they come from some one who wants to take a muffler off to sound like a tuner(still laughing at that one)

Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:58 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:
AJ B wrote:theres so much love on this site lol but ya to say naws, NOS, etc..... will blow your motor is really not 100 percent true, yes some people have because of stupidity but then again didn't nitrous Nate run a 100 shot through a completely stock motor and run 13s? I could be wrong on the times but thats an example of what nitrous can do. so you decide for your self I don't update my registry as much as I can cause Im not on here to have a pissing match......and a noob on this site is people who have no clue or havent been on this site long enough to care about

If I'm not mistaken it was Jarett Beijer AKA Nitro that ran low 13's with a n20 kit,window switch,drag radials but anyway,here's the Wikipedia def. of noob. Newbie (also said as nooby or newby) is a slang term for a newcomer to online gaming or an Internet activity. It can also be used for any other activity in whose context a somewhat clueless newcomer could exist. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgement

But the main point that I was making was that John should not listen to uneducated statements like said above especially when they come from some one who wants to take a muffler off to sound like a tuner(still laughing at that one)

yeh I was just trying to get as much info as possible...just because i thought of his info didnt turn me against nitrous...Im really debating if it would be worth it to turbo it or not, but a turbo or nitrous is soon to come...Im just trying to figure out which I would reather do, as it seems a turbo would cost me a lot more in the end, unless someone on here knows something that i dont..lol
Monday, October 27, 2008 9:57 AM
Cost wise,in the end boost will always win.But if your serious about the juice,I recommend direct port,a MSD setup to retard timing,window switch,and the saftey add-ons as well(fuel cut-off)etc;Either boost or juiceI think the best overall thing you can do is build the motor that way it'll be ready for whatever you throw at it.If I started all over again,I would have started suspension and exhaust first,then motor but eh I'm looking into Talon's now,lol.

Monday, October 27, 2008 2:11 PM
yeh i like i said i was looking at the 3000gt but ive decided to steer away from it...then i was looking at a few gst and gsx eclipses but im not going to support mopar..lol
Monday, October 27, 2008 7:09 PM
Ok, I'm done after this one. I want a roll cage because 1) I can then run at spectator drags at auto city, dixie motor speedway, ect. 2) I think it will look cool. End of story. It doesn't make me a noob to want a roll cage.

As to your comment about times, I don't care what I run. This isn't a fast car, never will be. You're taking your oppinions as absolute truth, and saying mine are @!#$? Of COURSE it's dumb to want a louder exhaust, want a beastly audio setup, and a roll cage. What the hell was I thinking? Thank you sooooo much mr.Biggs. (sarcasm.)

I'd like to note that I put my two cents in and gave the guy my advice, which he asked for, and this @!#$ came on and said that I couldn't know anything cause of my list of future mods. I must be in the wrong, makes perfect sense............

There's a thin line to be crossed, when the upgrades to your vehicle increase your chance to get tickets by an amount exponential enough to stop worrying and build the fastest, loudest car you can.
Monday, October 27, 2008 7:20 PM
Number one,you didn't GIVE him advice,you pretty much call him an idiot for wanting nitrous saying he'll "blow "his motor,that could only happen if he did things that were careless in installing and running a nitrous system.It's not dumb to want a louder exhaust,BUT do it the right way,taking off your muffler is not it.If you want to run circle track that requires a cage then fine but your ideas clash.Beastly audio setup(wall of subs) and a cage to run at Auto City,etc;makes no sense at all.Think about your ideas and statement before you post them and don't come here talking about things that you are not educated about.Thank YOU Mr. _98 JB-OvERT (AKA NOOB)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:39 AM
Just asking, did you not see where it's being replaced with a resonater?

And maybe this will clear it up, I have a friend with a mandrel bender so the cage will only be like a weekend project =P

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:03 AM
I'm not trying to be a major dic*,the reason I'm giving you such a hard time is because I made the same mistakes,I had a hole in my muffler,so one day at work my co-worker says"hey let's get the saw-zaa and hack it off"Even after I added straight pipe,it still sounded like crap.What I'm trying to say is that why don't you just do it right in the first place,get a hi-flow cat,2 1/4-2/12 piping to a decent cat back setup with a GOOD muffler,Ex; Flowmaster,Dynomax etc:?I have heard many of the J-BOM guys setups like that and it sounded really good.

As far as the cage goes,are you planning on having swing out bars?Or just crawling over it every time you get in and out,in the end it is your car,do as you please.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:37 PM
Swingouts, and I don't have the money to redo the whole pipe currently, I'm gonna buy the resonator, cut the muffler off, clamp the res on, and see where I have to go from there.

Monday, November 03, 2008 8:08 AM
98_JB-OvERT wrote:This isn't a fast car, never will be.

98_JB-OvERT wrote:I want a roll cage

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:26 PM
98_JB-OvERT wrote:Best boost for your money. Till you cook your pistons, pit your cylinders, blow your valves, fry your gaskets, and pop the welds on your intake manifold. Then you'll be looking at $1500 and alot of junk yard shopping to find an ecotec. Woooo! Lots of fun to spray right?!??!
Roflobsters.

did anyone catch that? hahaha

the intake manifold on any ecotec or even quad 4 is plastic.

BIGGSZ24 FTW!!!

John Jacob whatever..... dont listen to 98_JB-overt

98% of any drag tracks only require you to have a roll cage if you run 12.99 or faster in a 1/4 mile. your a ricer dude.
hacking your muffler off is going to make your car sound raspy and your gonna hate yourself if you dont already. i know you plan on putting a resonator there, DONT. leave the car alone if you cant afford to do it the right way.
what junkyard do you go to that charges $1500 for an ecotec motor and does it have the supercharger on it because nobody is going to get $1500 for a used ecotec 2.2L in a scrap yard.
Did you plan on installing a "blower" to compliment those blower cams? my suggestion is that you should already have the blower before you install the cams unless your motor they are going in is sitting on a motor stand.
you talk alot of @!#$ for having your back window duct taped in and saying your car is classy. why do you have camaro z28 badges on your car? a fram air filter???? are you serious? come on dude, get real. why would you even list that in your mods?
and before you even try to bash on my mods, im running a "blower" with NITROUS and i have 2 collapsed lifters on the stock internal engine 2.4 that came in the car and will still hand you your ass anyway you want so i wouldnt even try bashing on me. just get over yourself and respect some of the people that have been on here longer than you have and that actually have more knowledge than you do ( example...biggsz24 ).

as for you John, have you considered looking into a supercharger setup for your car? i got my kit from the dealership for $1500 bucks. best bang for the buck ive spent on my car and very fun to drive with. plus you dont have to worry about refilling a bottle. just throwing some options out there for ya.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:29 PM
oh yeah forgot to add, its pretty simple to install the charger kit also.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 6:48 PM
Lmao,awesome reply,!!I just wanted to try and help the guy(in a way)until he started bashing,but alas he will more than likely join the countless others who have joined the rice wagon with their J's.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:54 AM
hey, cant say we didnt try to help him....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:17 AM
lol..thanks guys..yeh i was actually considering a supercharger, but I was always more of a turbo person..idk i guess i always liked the bov sound more than the charger whine..but you say you got your charger for $1500? was that a complete setup or just the charger itself?
Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:20 AM
complete package. part number 12498660 straight from gm. i got it at a local dealer.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners

Thursday, November 06, 2008 11:14 AM
wow that doesnt sound bad at all..have you changed the pulleys or anything? what psi were you runing with it
Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:51 PM
read my sig

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search