ZEX Ejector Air Amplifier? - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ZEX Ejector Air Amplifier?
Sunday, July 20, 2008 10:15 PM
i would be only runnin 1 nossle or possibly 2 in the filter and tb spacer i would hit the in the filter first then the other 1 around 5k in not sprayin at low rpms that what make it back fire perdy much on youtube u see ppl hit it like right at the line and just blows up or i seen a cobra on a dyno spray at low rpm and just blew the mani fold and etc...... they make spaces with injector holes for diff cars y not make it work on a 2.4l nitrous becomes less effective if its traveling a long ways so closer the better i say next week im gonna try ill post my result

Monday, July 21, 2008 9:09 AM
how does it make it less effective? N2O just adds oxygen molecules to the air, so i dont see how its less effective. Maybe by loosing its efficiency to cool as it travels the hot engine but other than that it should still have the same effect, but i havent read anything to that effect.

Monday, October 20, 2008 7:32 PM
I always thought that the farther away the nitrous spray the better atomization you got.

The AEM cold air intake for 3rd gens mounts the filter pretty far away from the intake manifold. Do you think that will make it perform worse? I was under the impression that the

length of the tube would help push the air faster down the pipe, thus adding velocity to the spraying mist.

This IS just my opinion, but let me know if you all think this makes sense or not
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 11:30 PM
Well the way some intakes are designed they do indeed speed up the air traveling through it, but as far as N20 is concerned it wont affect it. Most manufacturers recommend that the nozzle be a certain length from the tb to atomize correctly and that is usually around 6-8 inches. The further you put it from the throttle body wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing but it might decrease the N2O's ability to have a cooling effect because it will be traveling in a hot pipe for a longer period of time. It wont decrease the performance because the same amount of air molecules are still available but it will just be at a higher temperature. Of course i havent proven any of this but i can come to that conclusion from what i have read. There is the kit that zex put out, which puts your nozzle at the tip of the air filter but you would get the same effect just drilling and tapping a hole in your intake and would save a few bucks!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search