Brad's Project Thread - Page 4 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Brad's Project Thread
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:51 AM
Hi Brad. What kick panels do you have?

Weebel wrote:Im to smart to go to strip clubs.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:55 AM
Their made by bradtek. But they only made one set.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:51 PM
I like em a lot. True story.

Weebel wrote:Im to smart to go to strip clubs.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:05 PM
Thanks sweetie

Friday, May 28, 2010 1:30 AM
I am probably just as excited as you to see this project get finished up heck if you weren't so far away I would come down and give you a hand working on it.
Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:31 PM
WELP. I took a bunch of pictures of my progress but deleted the pictures as I was resizing them for the forum.

Ah well, I'll take more tomorrow of where I'm at. My product is all here though.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:04 PM
I'm getting pretty bad at this whole "taking pictures of progress" thing.

Here's three.

The box is currently in fleece with a coat resin, I ran out of resin though, so I had to stop.
The trunk is fully deadened/barriered excluding the area around the taillights. I'll have to get some more vb4 later.
Sub and amp showed up. Wiring is on it's way.

I'm super exited to get the finished, it looks like it's going to work quite well!
I'll try to be better about getting pics.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 8:12 PM
i wish i could do kickpanels, but my car is manual so the beat will throw me off with the clutch...
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:06 AM
really want to see this finished! awesome work so far man!
Sorry to go off topic.. you thinking about taking a trip to etown in august? or is that too far from where you live in sask.? I'm driving down in my car to etown for the august 27-28 weekend hopefully we can get a decent meet together

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:45 PM
Did I see someone using REAL sound dampening? Like.... THE GOOD STUFF?!?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 8:46 PM
~NiKki~ wrote:really want to see this finished! awesome work so far man!
Sorry to go off topic.. you thinking about taking a trip to etown in august? or is that too far from where you live in sask.? I'm driving down in my car to etown for the august 27-28 weekend hopefully we can get a decent meet together

That's so up in the air I don't even want to pretend I know the answer. Put me down for a i-dunno.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:Did I see someone using REAL sound dampening? Like.... THE GOOD STUFF?!?

Yeah, it's just too bad they're so stingy. I need to buy another box of the stuff

The box was way too big, so I cut this big 'ol chunk off. Good way to show the thickness of my 'glass.

This is how the too-big box fit.

Too big, so I tore down and started a new-ish shape.

Some waves developed as I glassed. But I'm not overly concerned, I'll take care of those in finishing.

More as it comes!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:48 PM
I want one of those.

Friday, June 25, 2010 4:55 PM

Yes, I'm a dork.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 4:38 PM
I keep forgetting how damn busy my shop gets in the summer.

(small) progress:

The box, now basically ready for paint. But if I can make it happen, I'd like to do carbon fiber. Might wuss out and do vinyl, we'll see.

Mocking up my sides. Three PDX amps on the left will be displayed as shown. On the right it will appear to house nothing but will in fact hide away my processor.

WHAT DOES IT MEEEEAN? (second rainbow out of frame)

Forming the very general shape of the side.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:01 AM
this is neat...

Thursday, August 26, 2010 7:48 PM
If you thought I gave up on this you're damn wrong. Still pecking away at it when I can.

Here's whats what.

This was built from the shiny black "shape" I posted last time then fiberglass and everglass with "trunk liner" carpet over it.

The carpet overhangs the "shape" so I can pinch it in the weatherstripping and make it seamless, essentially.

Two runs of Kicker Hyperflex 1/O. All brass hardware. Grounds (not pictured) are terminated fresh machined copper ring terminals against fresh ground chassis steel. These "Fresh" surfaces were exposed to air for no more than one minute. They were ground, attached and painted in one minute's time to prevent any oxidation. No other connectors were used. Battery terminal, fuses, and amps all accept bare wire and use a set screw.

Aaaand here's one of my customers doing it wrong

Thanks for looking!

Thursday, August 26, 2010 7:51 PM
Good work sir!

Monday, August 30, 2010 10:22 AM
more progress please

Monday, August 30, 2010 12:15 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Did I see someone using REAL sound dampening? Like.... THE GOOD STUFF?!?

Bite me! lol.

just noticed this post, its looking really good. id suggest since you did the sides in the stock type material to just continue that over to the other side and do the whole trunk with it, will give it a nice clean look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, August 30, 2010 7:09 PM
sndsgood wrote:

Bite me! lol.

just noticed this post, its looking really good. id suggest since you did the sides in the stock type material to just continue that over to the other side and do the whole trunk with it, will give it a nice clean look.

Thanks

I've just plain stopped working on the sub box because I'm so torn on how to finish it. You're right, carpet might look really good. I dunno.

I'll start the other side and hopefully by the time I get around to finishing, I'll have made up my mind.

It sounds phenomenal. btw.

Monday, August 30, 2010 7:26 PM
so dynamat is shit?

i like that spray on stuff, actually would rather use that ish than spending countless hours forming dynamat. (since i havent done my trunk area yet)

nice build, sir. good talent.

Oldsmobile all motor > Saab/Opel boosted

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:53 AM
its not @!#$, just other alternatives out there that do just as good a job for less cost.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:47 AM
Looking good Brad, i need to start saving so i can do my whole interor with cascade products and you need to post more progress pictures lol......

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:34 PM
ecoweapon wrote:Looking good Brad, i need to start saving so i can do my whole interor with cascade products and you need to post more progress pictures lol......

Thanks

Progress pictures are basically done for now. School is in and so is cold weather.

But here's a hint of what's coming next.

Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:57 PM
A small update, although it was 5 hours of work

When I had my Pioneer deck in, the internal voltage meter consistently read 1v low. So I decided to take any uncontrollable factors out of the equation. Factory power and ground out, 8AWG power to my own fuse block in.

Next up was the PXI-H990 processor. I got two of them, so I'll be able to do 6.1 in the future. At the moment it's running midbass, mids, tweeters and sub.

^It fits so great here. The other one is on the other side in the same position.

Here's a pic to show how close it fits. (The blue stuff is eDead liquid deadener).

And I present. The most efficient use of an 1858 EVER!!! *spiteful*

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search