My audio sale/info/advice thread - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My audio sale/info/advice thread
Sunday, November 27, 2011 7:10 PM
Gonna Have anything in the 6x9 range?

Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:10 PM
Mike:
The reason you might not be able to find the CSX's on Rainbow-Audio.de anymore is because their site now reflects the new stuff and it appears they have removed the 2011 Dream Line equipment and put in the new 2012 equipment. That's a good sign, because it just means we're closer and closer to having inventory in North America on the 2012 line up!
BUT, if you go to RainbowCarAudio.com (the America site that is still under reconstruction and shows all 2011 equipment because the 2012 equipment isn't here yet.) and click on speakers then click "view all models" under the dream line option, you will see the CSX components. Those are the one's for about $200 shipped. If you want some now, I will check to see if any are left here in the states. If you are willing to wait, I don't mind holding off on making a sale so you can wait for the 2012 equipment.

But just keep in mind, while I don't anticipate a major price change on the different levels of equipment, I don't even have any MAP pricing on any 2012 equipment as of yet. So, I can't guarantee the prices are the same, I am just going to say I'm fairly confident they will be very close.

Justin:
We do have 6X9 coaxials available. The current(2011) model that I would suggest is the KX 6X9 and it can be found under the Dream Line tab on Rainbowcaraudio.com as well. The 2012 version of it looks to be the X69. I'm out of town visiting family right now, so pricing will have to come in a day or 2 once I'm back in Omaha.

Thanks guys, hope I can help and let me know if there is anything else you need or need to know.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:35 PM
what would the lead time be to get 2 sets shipped out to me (zip 06901) if they are in stock?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:21 AM
Man, I'm getting spammed hard these days.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:35 PM
any more word on '12 line up? need a decent set for my doors and also one of my 6x9 alpine type s are blown in the back so those will also have to be replaced. im assuming these are a decent upgrade from alpines line up.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:42 PM
Are you looking to do components or coaxials up front, and are you planning to run an amp to them? if so, what amp do you have or plan to get? also, need a budget. I could set you up in a nice set of Germaniums or Vanadiums, but I doubt you want to make a house payment for speakers lol.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:50 PM
well its my DD so i dont need anything huge, but i do like music and like it decently loud. i think id be much happier going with components in the long run. i wont be hooking an amp up to them right away (most likely) but is a definite possibility in the future. mainly looking to get the door set first as the rears still work and only rattles if i turn up base more than halfway. so im looking at around 200 dollar price range if possible. also i am open to coaxials if you have a good recommendation for my price range or better. also im in canada not sure if thats an issue or not
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:09 PM
The only issue would be shipping cost. It will cost you more to get items shipped into Canada. Also crossing the border can make the shipping take longer as well.

I am actually trying to push push push on any 2011 stock that is in the US as of right now, so I should be able to get you some good prices on some coaxials.

I personally wouldn't recommend a nicer component set off head unit power. It's not that they wont sound good, it's that you will not be getting the volume and clarity out of them without good clean power and that could lead to you messing with equalizer and volume settings to make up for it, thus damaging the speakers.

But if you plan to amp eventually, the sound line coaxials are a good middle ground. They should sound ok off head unit power, and really really liven up with some amp power.

If you are upgrading anyway, and plan to amp in the future, I would definitely suggest getting 6.5" speakers and either making or buying an adapter to mount them in the stock location.

In your price range, the Rainbow SL165NG coaxial speakers would be great. they have a tweeter mounted in the center of the mid with some basic crossover features built in for a good, clean sound. With shipping to Canada, you would actually be a bit over $200 but they are definitely a top of the line coaxial speaker.

If you wanted to dip into components in that price range, it would be the CSX265's. They also would come in a bit over $200 after shipping with the deals I'm trying to push right now.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:17 PM
yeah shipping is what i figured would be the big thing, and the plan was to make the adapter plate to mount in stock location, and if there both going to be relatively close in price then i would ask what you would do and what you think would be a better idea and deal as your quite more knowledgeable about audio than i am haha.
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:23 PM
I would get a component set and an amp personally lol. If simplicity of install is a key, those Sound Line coaxials are the way to go though, while they do have a basic crossover setup to keep frequencies separated between mid and tweeter, they don't require the extra wiring that a component set does, nor do they require you to find a good mounting position for the tweeter. It's a give and take, really. Either way, I would suggest looking into amps sooner than later because anything is going to liven up a lot when you get them the good clean power they need to shine.

It honestly sounds to me like you might actually have a situation where the SL165's are the way to go.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:42 PM
well i do have an amp its just a small mtx, but my cousin told me that i was not able to run speakers off of it, said it was not capable of doing it, not sure why or if its even possible/true, im not too familiar with subs/amps, most of done as far as car installs are deck and coaxials. so i guess my question is, are there amps that are designed to not work to run speakers off of.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:46 PM
If it's a mono amp, it's not designed to run a pair of full range speakers. What model of amp is it?

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:03 PM
not sure of the actual model ill have to get back to ya its sitting in my dads garage right now, i do know its a mtx thunder 800 watts i believe
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:22 PM
Whenever you can, grab it and check the model. Would be nice to know if you have something that might get you by for now!

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:29 PM
Just wanted to update people on some things, if any of you might want to know!

Alright, as you may know from my previous posts, Rainbow is doing it ALL NEW for their 2012 line up. They released some of the new Beat amplifiers and they were sold before they touched a shelf. No word on the next batch yet. Aside from that, everything else is still in development. Like a lot of things in the world of concepts, development, production, and product improvement, there is no definitive date on when all the new 2012 equipment will be released. It's just one of those things you gotta stick around and wait for. With that, all 2011 products have been stopped from production so they can change all the tooling for the fresh new designs/features/products. Every company in every type of market does something like this(how long did we wait for that new Camaro?? lol), but Rainbow hasn't for quite some time. So as I was used to a steady supply of the entire amazing product line, this just gets me all antsy and excited lol.

SO with that said, I want to say this:
ALL 2011 PRODUCTS THAT ARE STILL IN STOCK(and there are some completely gone, believe me), ARE OF VERY LIMITED QUANTITIES. There is no warehouse or shop in the US that is going to get another Rainbow product shipped from Germany until they finish with the new line up. None. Not one.

So, to clear warehouse space and be a super nice guy like I always am, I am offering to consult anyone on upgrades they might be considering, help them find the right product, and if they want something or we decide on something that IS in stock, I will give you the best pricing you will find on any authorized Rainbow product. Hell, it will probably be even better than those unauthorized website prices.

So let's get talking and see how quick JBO can clean out the last of this amazing sounding, high quality German car audio equipment to make room for, and encourage the speedy development of all the fresh new 2012 stuff!

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:23 AM
Curious what you think about the Sundown audio SA-8?

Seems like exactly what would work for me a beefy, decent sounding small woofer.
Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:47 AM
I don't sell or endorse sundown nor do I have a lot of experience with them so I'm probably not the best one to ask. As for beefy great sounding sub, I could get you a 10" rainbow amboss. Those are stout little subs.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:57 PM
Hmm I had though I remember you endorsing them but come to think of it I think that was Lanman.....wooops.

Reason for the 8 is space and power constraints
Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:58 PM
lol no. Lanman rides on Lanzar's nuts pretty hard but isn't affiliated. TheSundownFire(duh lol) has a thing for Sundown, and Anton Miller is real real big on Sundown. I am a huge fan of a ton of different brands and types of audio, but as far as affiliation, I'm with Rainbow exclusively but with access to some of the other high end brands as well. I'm just not endorsed fully with those brands as a rep/salesperson/dealer so it's usually on a per-request basis and I don't make commission, just make connections and good graces with the boss man. lol

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:34 AM
I do like Sundown, it's a good honest product, but I definitely ride Lanzar's nuts. The Optidrive line in my opinion is extremely hearty.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:21 AM
OK look who decides to post now lol. Speaking of audio, I just got a notification from fed ex that about 75lbs. Worth of rainbow, focal, kicker and helix were just deliver. Giggity!

Also kinda thinking of running a gp on here to try and clear out a bunch of 2011 stock. Who knows.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:06 PM
ALRIGHT.

So, I was helping someone on here (KG) get his front speakers upgraded. Well, the amp he got didn't fit under the seat he wanted it to, he has other priorities etc. etc. So, to do him a favor as well as move the speakers I was going to sell to him, here's a package deal:

-One set of 6.5" Rainbow KX coaxial speakers and his Soundstream Rubicon 2.250 amp. His amp is unused, and as with all the Rainbow products, the speakers are brand new shipped from the warehouse to you.

If you send paypal payment as a gift, or cover the 3.5% fee, I will do $200 shipped. Paypal me $200, I will forward your shipping info to KG for the amp, and I will get the speakers out to you. Would be a great little upgrade for cheap.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:39 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:ALRIGHT.

So, I was helping someone on here (KG) get his front speakers upgraded. Well, the amp he got didn't fit under the seat he wanted it to, he has other priorities etc. etc. So, to do him a favor as well as move the speakers I was going to sell to him, here's a package deal:

-One set of 6.5" Rainbow KX coaxial speakers and his Soundstream Rubicon 2.250 amp. His amp is unused, and as with all the Rainbow products, the speakers are brand new shipped from the warehouse to you.

If you send paypal payment as a gift, or cover the 3.5% fee, I will do $200 shipped. Paypal me $200, I will forward your shipping info to KG for the amp, and I will get the speakers out to you. Would be a great little upgrade for cheap.

this interests me... would this work well if I kept my alpine tweeters and ran it through my alpine x-overs? alpine door components blew a while ago, running the tweeters with walmart pioneers in the doors...
Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:39 PM
I don't see the point in running a set of tweeters on their own as you describe. The Rainbow KX 2-way coaxials are a woofer and tweeter separated on their own. I would run these off the amp and leave it at that. If you want to fully replace your Alpine components with some new components, I could help you with that, but if you want to just drop in some nice coaxials with an amp to power them, I would go this route rather than running the coaxials AND a second set of tweeters.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:55 AM
That'd actually be the THIRD set of tweeters, One of the previous owners had them installed with a set in the doors & a set in the dash pad... & removed the passenger side airbag to mount the x-overs...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search