recomendations for ported box for swr 1242d type r - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
recomendations for ported box for swr 1242d type r
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:14 PM
can anyone give me a design or layout or tell me how to go about building a box for a 12" alpine type r? I'm tired of my sealed box and want to go for something different. I'm gonna be runnin 900 watts to it. so please let me know what you have to say. Also I have a older type r for my girlfriends Focus it's gonna have 400 watts runnin to it and I was wondering as to what I should do for a ported box for that as well? thanks for your help.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: recomendations for ported box for swr 1242d ty
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:21 AM
Taken directly from crutchfield.com:

Details:

» 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
» Kevlar-reinforced pulp cone with Santoprene rubber surround
» cast aluminum frame with perimeter venting
» frequency response: 25-500 Hz
» power handling: 200-500 watts RMS
» peak power: 1,500 watts
» sensitivity: 85 dB
» sealed box volume: 0.7-1.0 cu. ft.
» ported box volume: 0.75-1.75 cu. ft.
» Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 1, 2, 3
» warranty: 1 year

Recommended Vented Box Volume: The vented box sizes recommended by Alpine range from 0.75 cu/ft to 2.0 cu/ft. Within this range, the ideal size recommended by Alpine is 1.7 cu/ft, so this is the enclosure recommended by Crutchfield. A slot port with the following dimensions should be used with the 1.7 cu/ft enclosure: W=12", H=1.25", L=21". If you cannot use a slot port in your enclosure, you will need a port tube with the following dimensions: Diameter=3", L=9.9".

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:04 PM
and what size port I'm not exactly sure on what to do for the slot port or how to go about making it. I ended up lookin in alpines manual and it gave dimensions for a ported box. Not exactly sure if that would be the best setup but it would work. I used to have 3 old style 12" type r's off the 900 watt amp in a sealed box. I would like to get the 1 new style type r to get close to as loud as the 3.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:25 PM
The01Cav wrote:and what size port I'm not exactly sure on what to do for the slot port or how to go about making it.
He already told you the size of the slot port: W=12", H=1.25", L=21". As far as making it, it's a simple rectangular slot. Like a box with no ends. If you have to angle it for the length, you can. Most likely you will, in orter to get the 21" length.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search