H.I.D. Problem.... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
H.I.D. Problem....
Sunday, January 14, 2007 8:33 PM
Alright, I've been so fustrated with this I'm about to just give up.... I've searched on here about problems with hooking up H.I.D. kits and got a few things answered but I have a few problems and a few questions. First. I have the Tenon H.I.D. kit with the High/Low option. DIRECTIONS SUCK may I add. Secondly I have two wires that come off the plug that goes into the factory harness one being blue and ones black which is connected with ground. Then on the bulb it self there are the normal red and black wires but then there are two yellow wires too, I believe these are for the high beams. (nothing is said about these four wires in the instructions) And I"ve heard too that since us j's have to disable our DRL's that we have to wire them backwards. So what I'm getting at is that I tried hooking them up and got nothing but the occasional flicker of the H.I.D. bulb. Now that I put my stock head light bulb back in the driver side is very dim....DOn't know what happened there but I want to know if there is a way that I can hook them up by bypassing the stock car wiring by like just hooking them up to a switch that I put some where and do it that way (<----seems to be how I'm going to have to do it because my DRL relay is good, my gounding for the DRL disable is good, so I'm lost there) I just want to hook them up and not have it run through the stock set up if I can. So if anyone can help me please do, I'm so angry and fustrated!!! I thank you guys so much for your help and I'm very sorry for the long and drawn out story.

Re: H.I.D. Problem....
Monday, January 15, 2007 9:05 AM
Can some one help me...

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:14 AM
And another thing that I just found out about a few hours ago, when I turn on the head lights, my check engine light comes on, but when I turn the head lights off the check engine light goes off too, so something happened there for the dirvers side head light....Cause it only lights up really dim, and I think that's why the check engine light comes on... Once again I thank anyone who can help me here.!!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:50 AM
So no one's going to even try to help me? And to futher clairify, it's the the check engine light it's the service light that comes on..

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 2:32 AM
05CaVaLiErBaRkIn3Rd wrote:So no one's going to even try to help me?

You are assuming those that know how to help you, have seen this post, and when they did, had time to answer. I myself have no idea how to help you, hence why I haven't replied until now.

Mike Roth
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:02 AM
AIM me in about 6 hours and i'll help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search