RSM Racing are Thieves. - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM Racing are Thieves.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:31 PM
Yeah, pretty much why I wrote off the store credits I was given by Craig when I supplied them with stock parts. I figured once Craig left, there would be no record. Sorry, Kev.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:34 PM
Oh, didn't I bring Borgs' parts to the show at RSM last spring? I could have sworn I did.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:42 PM
I remeber them quoting me 800$ for ecotec SS valves I laughed in the dudes face and hung up

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:16 PM
That place has really gone downhill, before a few persons worked there it wasnt that bad and since they have left its gotten even worse, they dont even have anyone answering the phones anymore, everything is done through email which is very slow, I'm trying to get a new hose for my kit because thier flawed design has the belt so close to the hose and no protection on it when the belt frayed it cut a groove in my hose now i have a small coolant leak that could be big at any moment, god knows when they will reply to me or what crazy amount they will want to charge me, prob like 100 bucks or something like that we'll see, not to mention they wanted to sell me a new tensioner after I explained the one I had wasnt working due to design. All they want is money they arent interested in improving thier design at all. I used to be one of thier biggest advocates but I can only be screwed for so long, they dont care anymore and its showing

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:51 PM
Sorry to hear RSM is like that, but glad to find out about it. I'm usually not one to talk about what I'm planning on getting, but I was seriously considering (and have the means to afford) RSM's supercharger kit. However, I only do business with establishments that operate like a professional business.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:16 PM
Agree ^^^^ I like the Vortech SC that RSM has in the kit but not to much else.I have talked with a lot of guys with this kit. We all know that since Craig left RSM things have gone down hill.I talked to Nelson about the same problems last year with the belt and hose being so close oil leaks etc.I sent them my drive unit .They sent it back and told me it was now repaired well it started to leak oil again after a week. I Called Nelson he made it sound like I must be doing something wrong when I installed the drive unit! Any of you guys who know me know I am more than capable to install the drive unit etc. I also have to reroute my hose .Not rocket science but why Nelson could not have figured it all out before any of the kits went out to customers is beyond belief. I have sourced and installed upgraded bearings and seals in the drive unit. Wow no more leaks! I have corrected all the things that Nelson messed up on when he designed the kit.These where not big cost items over what RSM chose to use but they will insure trouble free operation. Gee I suppose Nelson some how missed that cheaping out on some parts will only cause problems and come backs will bite you in the ass. I was a big booster of RSM in the past but they have made it clear that service and product support are no longer important since Craig Lewis left RSM.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:55 PM
Looks like RSM's word is just as good as their reflash.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:04 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:Looks like RSM's word is just as good as their reflash.

BOO YA

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:07 PM
actually Craig was the beginning of the end, his lies were a big part of the problem, whats a bigger problem is they didnt staff anyone better in his place, they simply copped out of even having anyone to answer the phone

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:10 PM
ya craig was a huge lier, just said whatever to make you feel better. so wierd, not to mention the high pitched coke head voice. hahahahahha.

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:18 PM
Matt,

I never lied to you. High rev took your money and did not forward it to Canada. Fact!!!

Lee,

I walked you when you first came in knowing it was trouble. I showed up to work one day and you were in Nelson's office. I never had anything to do with your deal.

I cannot believe you guys just said that. I am truely discusted.

I do not lie. Ever!!!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:25 PM
Matt,

At least you called me a liar personally. While it was not in person, I can at least respect your directness. I'm sad that you stil believe I did anything wrong.

Lee,

That was really sleezy. I'll repeat my last words. I did not have anything to do with you or your deal. I tried to get you out of there. Fast.

If I ever misled anyone, it was because I was misled.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:27 PM
You guys make me sick!!!!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:30 PM
Craig, that shop cost me rediculous amounts of money

DID YOU KNOW THEY CHARGED ME $700.00 FOR z24 INJECTORS, Nelson said 330cc injectors, I had to find out from someone else they were z24 injectors AFTER THE FACT.

you were all part of it, had dumb ass bobby calling me telling me the charge pipes I had made were different in size so the velocity changes were too great.........

thats a LOAD of

thank god I fixed everything that was leaking, those charge pipes, new injectors etc.... before it blew up, thank GOD it didn't.

and I'm glad your out of that @!#$ hole it was crap

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:33 PM
They tried to STEAL MY STRUT BAR..... had it hidden under the bench, and I had to come back in the shop and get it, the charge pipes they made were @!#$, and didn't allow for the strut bar to be put on. they just suck at fabricating, and Im sorry if you had nothing to do with it, but it seemed like you did. BIG TIME.

again if you didn't, more power to you, your just honestly a good guy I guess.

sorry if thats the case.

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:34 PM
how much do they want for 62mm TB? 400 dollars?! i could have sworn i got mine from them about a year and a half ago for 150-200, am i remembering incorrectly?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:38 PM
Craig Lewis wrote:Matt,

I cannot believe you guys just said that. I am truely discusted.

I do not lie. Ever!!!

wierd you say that.

even wierder that 2 people that have never met and don't even live in the same country say the SAME thing about you. very wierd.

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:39 PM
You guys don't seem to understand that I fought tooth and nail for customers.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:41 PM
lee,

Did you do your deal with me?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:49 PM
I was posting as you did. Just saw it.

I feel for you, but you know I had nothing to do with it. I was just the person that would get screamed at. i appreciate your recant. I wish you had not chosen to point at me. I never touched your car. never took your money. never made any excuse.

Thanks again for clarifying.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:54 PM
Before this turns into two people going at it - Lee.... shut up man. Craig... I've only met you once but I know you left RSM for a reason, though I don't know why.... but I'm sure they were being shady and you couldn't take it.

For me, RSM was a place I avoided like the plague... but I decided to give them a chance in the summer when I was stuck for a clutch ... I called RSM and spoke to Nelson and he had an isuzu Spec Stage 3 clutch IN STOCK... so I went down the same day and paid $650 CAD for it, taxes it... a high price yes but I needed it asap.

First off, the box had Ecotec written on it in marker - I STILL have that box as proof.. .and my bill. Nelson REASSURED me the clutch was for an LD9 - heck it had a LD9 throwout bearing on it... so... how else can I tell. I took it.

Sadly, I ran into a few probems and it took over a month to get the clutch on the car... and when I did, it didn't feel right... I broke it in, drove on it for 2200 km... and it started slipping.

I drove on it for 15 days.

I called RSM and Nelson said "Weird that's never happened before" and told me to get it inspected. I had it removed from the car - it was destroyed. It looked 400,000 miles old, and the flywheel was RUINED.

I called RSM and told them, Nelson said it was no longer his problem, call SPEC. I called them, and they told me to ship it back to Indiana... at my cost. I wasn't impressed.

The clutch got there in 3 days, and I recieved a call from the tech at Spec:

"What car is this clutch for?"

"1998 Isuzu"

".... who sold this to you?"

"RSM Racing in Toronto, Ontario... why?"

"... it's for a freakin' Ecotec. How the HELL did they screw this up?... call them this is no longer a warrenty issue."

Lucky for RSM they were taking a 20 day vacation to go to the frickin' SEMA show... the ENTIRE SHOP was closed for over 2 weeks... and I had to wait that ENTIRE time to deal with this. I was pissed.

... so back to RSM I go. I tell Nelson what SPEC said - and he wouldn't believe me. While he offered me a replacement clutch I could pick up same day (how nice of him), he insinuated that my shop had to have hackd the clutch on because it simply wouldn't bolt up - he insisted that the ecotec clutch is flat and not stepped.

I then thanked him, and asked him about the labour charges he'd caused me, the shipping charge, and my ruined new flywheel. "Sorry I can't help you with that."

... Yeah.

I got stuck with a $600 labour bill, the cost of a NEW flywheel, and shipping of a 50lb clutch and flywheel from Toronto Ontario to Indiana. Total cost to me was around $1700.

I wil never see a penny, and as long as I live RSM will never see the business of me, my friends, the people I speak to and anybody I can stop from contacting them for parts. I have NEVER been screwed over so badly and carelessly as that. He KNEW he was selling me an ecotec clutch, all he did was drop a LD9 throwout bearing in the box... it wasn't even original packaging it was in a box with packing nuts!!!!

I should have known better than to go to RSM Racing... I hope you all learn from my experience there.

Kevin, I am sorry that you had to learn the hard way too... but hopefully with more respected people in the J-community complaining finally people might listen.

-Chris

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:57 PM
Craig might of been the ONLY staff member there that seemed to give a crap..... I had issues with RSM (about core refund policy) and HE was the only one that seemed to wanna resolve them!

We worked out a compromise but you could tell that RSM just didn`t give a F__K!!

HEY Craig glad to hear you`ve been sticking up for other other customers!!

thx
ROB

I need a new sig... with this pic: http://www.aznkid.com/cavalier/cav04s.jpg
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:58 PM
Craig Lewis wrote:I was posting as you did. Just saw it.

I feel for you, but you know I had nothing to do with it. I was just the person that would get screamed at. i appreciate your recant. I wish you had not chosen to point at me. I never touched your car. never took your money. never made any excuse.

Thanks again for clarifying.

ya I really am sorry Craig, I actually just talked to someone who is a friend of yours. He informed me, that you tried to get me out of there as fast as possible, because you had a feeling they were working me. and they did. $2200.00 large. I was financially @!#$ for a little while after that. Luckly stuff didn't start to go wrong for about a month, then the turbo blew, then the coolant line they installed, then the return they installed, then the piping started to rust etc.....luckly I had someone to fix that with me and take me under there wing, you know who you are. !!!! and I am ever so greatful for it. I found a shop that I can put my FULL trust in.

I truely am sorry, and I TOTALLY RECANT MY PREVIOUS STATEMENTS. BIG TIME I REALLY AM SORRY. I trust my source on this matter, he knows you, and he knows your a good guy. so do I now. sorry again.

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:59 PM
I can vouch for craig,he always helped me out when i had an issue with my s/c.I never had 1 complaint about rsm.Whenever i had a problem with the kit,they always helped me out.The only complaint i had was the reflash.They told me the speed limiter was removed.I found out it wasnt when i was racing a 300zx,as soon as i hit 108,it felt like the car hit a wall.That didnt really bother me though cause i dont drive my car that fast anyway.With all these complaints im hearing,im glad i sold my s/c kit.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:10 PM
Chris, you could not believe the disgust I feel after reading your story, that truly pisses me off.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search