Pic Request: Turbo + cooling - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Pic Request: Turbo + cooling
Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:17 PM
on a ecotec is this the same? i know we dont have that H valve thing. im in the process of getting ready to do my saab set up and was wondering. the turbo i got from a friend has stock cavy lines taped and everything just wondering if i have to worry about it being a inferno inside the car lol.. thanks... sorry to thread jack i was about to make a new one and seen this one...

Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:08 PM
so where are you guys getting these splices with the -an fittings on them?

also does it matter which line is use for a feed/return for the cooling lines seeing as how its just a loop?

Monday, July 20, 2009 6:34 AM
LAFNGAS:

If your turbo came with the coolant ports on the cartridge, you really do need to use them. We re-build turbos as well as fabricate and you will be buying a new turbo in the near future if you don't route coolant to it (trust me--I know.)

You don't need to use braided line and fittings, bud. It's more than acceptable to use rubber hose if you have to, but make sure you pay attention to heat and protect it with a fire-jacket where needed.

Monday, July 20, 2009 3:05 PM
whats the difference though, if i give it adequate time to cool down and do regular oil changes and the such.

im gonna figure something out and i wanna use the coolant ports, just wanting to know where the splices can be purchased from?

Monday, July 20, 2009 5:15 PM
well broke down and bought the fittings and such that gary made a post about from ATP so they will be here asap and happy we got an account with them.

still curious on where a person can get these splices, "t's" from though, i can get the -6an lines done by my friend no problem

Monday, July 20, 2009 6:19 PM
Scott I was planning on getting my T's from the hardware store in the plumbing section. Im sure there is something there we can use as T's

*still waits on Garys pics*

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 20, 2009 6:52 PM
yeah, i was thinking that as well, but just trying to figure out how to swedge/adapt it to the -6 lines, oh wells im not worried, still breaking my damn clutch in

Monday, July 20, 2009 6:58 PM
no edit,

dave, just find a straight piece of tubing and then drill/tap it for the npt ->an fitting and use thread tape or even jb weld possibly? not saying it would be a great way to do it but at least its an idea

Monday, July 20, 2009 7:47 PM
If you guys are honestly interested I can get anything XRP makes....they will have all and any -Xan fitting you could ever want along with any SS lines. I don't mark up from my dealer cost...pm me if interested.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:02 AM
what are you saying josh? im just looking for the splices/t's i can get everything else myself

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:02 AM
I wonder if Gary would be down to make us those exact spliced T's, tapped and everything. Of course I'd be willing to pay

306 TQ

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:39 AM
agreed, with dave, i was gonna look into something like that as well, my welder friend said to just find the parts and he can make them no problemo

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:58 PM
My point is all you need is two push-on fittings that take you to a -8an hose ends and get a straight -8an male male fitting that has a gauge port in the body of it. All very easy parts to get.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:52 PM
pics?

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:57 AM
I was on Mcmaster Carr lastnight looking for those T's with no luck.

Scott what do you think about this? I dont know the measurments of our heater hoses but this looks ideal.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-a-lite/400/32082/10002/-1

They have one that measures 1-3/4 as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:00 AM

306 TQ
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:53 AM
yeah, that looks good, just gotta figure out what size those coolant lines are that go to the heater core

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:11 PM
Yea true. I'm hoping Gary will chime back in maybe he knows.

306 TQ
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:55 PM
they are -8an or 0.5" ID

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:43 PM
the heater hoses are?

i will find something out and get back to you dave.

if i can find a inexpensive way thats reliable i could setup something for others to purchase

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:44 PM
Ok Scott

So the heater hoses are only half an inch ID? If so, these may work for us then.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15271/10002/-1

It says for fuel, but what does it matter? We would just need a 1/8th to -6 AN fitting and we'd be set for them to be spliced into the hoses.

306 TQ
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:29 PM
looks like that would work great.

Well I think they are a little larger than 0.5" ID looking at it....sorry for the bad info. I could still be right about the 0.5" but I'm getting the feeling they are -10an hoses which would be a 5/8" ID. But those adapters would still work fine....just double up the clamps...no problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:33 PM

Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:59 PM
anyone have the ability to get some for sure info on what size the coolant hoses are going to the heater core?

Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:22 PM
I don't, my stuff is still together.

Here in about a month or so I will be redoing my whole turbo setup, including cooling it. So I guess that will be the time I find out what size the hoses are if nobody on here says first.

306 TQ
Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:25 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:anyone have the ability to get some for sure info on what size the coolant hoses are going to the heater core?

3/4"

Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:00 PM
ahhh damn...my bad. -1 for me. At least I admit it...lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search