Vulcan Turbo's M62 manifold for the 2.4 - Page 4 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vulcan Turbo's M62 manifold for the 2.4
Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:51 PM
Skunk - Now With Petey2 wrote:Why would someone spend the money on this manifold, when you could buy an ecotec and all the parts to swap it for the same cost, and then for a little more put an m62 on that? Sorry I just don't see this selling for $2300 plus the cost of the s/c too aweful much. It's a cool idea, but a bit overpriced for the way this community is.

Plus the first couple might fit great...but beyond that...it's a crap shoot.

I dunno. But, the Heaton would make less heat with the larger displacement motor. I'd like to see some numbers for the M62 on the LD9. If they're higher than mine, I'll end myself.lol

Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:15 PM
I would like to extend a Thank You to Wade for reminding me about this thread, i had stopped checking(caring) about it.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, August 14, 2009 7:09 AM
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:
Tinkles wrote:Careful guys Wade is smacking hands at every off topic post.

he spanked my bottom

but anyway to keep this on topic, I think this is great and I can honestly say I'm interested to se what a M62 will do on a LD9... good luck guys and I wont be posting again

Spin a rod bearing?

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, August 14, 2009 8:54 AM
I have asked nicely and so has Jared. Please a show a little respect and keep the off topic banter out of this thread. I really don't think that is asking too much.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, August 14, 2009 2:33 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:I have asked nicely and so has Jared. Please a show a little respect and keep the off topic banter out of this thread. I really don't think that is asking too much.

You are sooo right Skunk as always has done a good job saying stuff where it does not belong!!

FU Tuning

Friday, August 14, 2009 7:56 PM
i believe wade has been updated on what us going on with his car, idk who else knows, but its staying a secret unless brian comes on here and updates everyone...

Friday, August 14, 2009 9:16 PM
Skunk - Now With Petey2 wrote:
Qwibby {T3H Old QBE} wrote:
Tinkles wrote:Careful guys Wade is smacking hands at every off topic post.

he spanked my bottom

but anyway to keep this on topic, I think this is great and I can honestly say I'm interested to se what a M62 will do on a LD9... good luck guys and I wont be posting again

Spin a rod bearing?

AT least it wont yank a cylinder liner or snap the bicycle chain of a timing chain..... Your constant bashing of the 2.4 gets old and is uncalled for. I doubt you have any real experience with the Quad4/TC family at all because if you did you would see just how silly your statements sound. My personal experience with the Eco in the repair world has left me with no desire to ever own one. The 2.4 currently in my 02 has well over 200K on it and is still going strong, kind of shots your theory out the window doesnt it?

Clyde

Friday, August 14, 2009 9:34 PM
Jn2 wrote:i believe wade has been updated on what us going on with his car, idk who else knows, but its staying a secret unless brian comes on here and updates everyone...

Why is that?

FU Tuning

Friday, August 14, 2009 9:40 PM
John Higgins wrote:
Jn2 wrote:i believe wade has been updated on what us going on with his car, idk who else knows, but its staying a secret unless brian comes on here and updates everyone...

Why is that?

b/c i dont want to spill the beans to soon.... :p

Friday, August 14, 2009 9:42 PM
i wamt the beens to be spilt onto my door steb in a brown box

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:07 AM
On progress being made. What is the big deal with keeping it secret? OEM already beat you to the punch with a non-intercooled version.

Post some damn pictures.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:07 AM
Tinkles wrote: On progress being made. What is the big deal with keeping it secret? OEM already beat you to the punch with a non-intercooled version.

Post some damn pictures.

we had a non intercooled version when we posted the other pics and it wasnt a hacked up m45 manifold, it was full manifold ready to start up, but we know the m62 needs intercooling, no one can question it...your not buying a m62 to baby it, your buying it to make power...your IAT2's will be 200*f+ if you ont have a way to cool it down...the OEM may be a cost effective way to get the m62 on, but why get half the job done? so ur pushing 17psi, now what good is it when its all hot air?

Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:22 AM
Brian decided to make a slight change of course. This resulted in a slight delay waiting for materials. The materials did come in and he has made some progress before the weekend started but nothing worth posting pictures of. He has been busy moving all weekend which understandably brings a temporary halt to making progress. However I would expect to see some more pics and progress by the middle of the week.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:51 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:Brian decided to make a slight change of course. This resulted in a slight delay waiting for materials. The materials did come in and he has made some progress before the weekend started but nothing worth posting pictures of. He has been busy moving all weekend which understandably brings a temporary halt to making progress. However I would expect to see some more pics and progress by the middle of the week.

so what do you think about the new plans for the kit?

Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:16 PM
Does vulcan plan on having an option for a catch can, or how about a different Tb. I know alot of people wont want to use a ECO TB.

Mark-OEM

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:27 PM
Catch cans can be bought soo cheap, do not see a real reason to have that as a option. A TB spacer can be made into a adapter for the 2.4 TB to the M62, but having a adapter machined for that purpose would be nice.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:46 PM
A catch can can be bought cheap. but they are usually @!#$. Also we did a TB adapter on ours and it does not work, its to close to the hood. You have to have an extrention pipe to run correctly. We are building one now

Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:57 PM
OEM wrote:A catch can can be bought cheap. but they are usually @!#$. Also we did a TB adapter on ours and it does not work, its to close to the hood. You have to have an extrention pipe to run correctly. We are building one now

So what makes your catch can sooo much better than the ones you can buy? Please explain.

Could it be your manifold design sits the charger tooo high? Just asking. This is not a issue on a Ecotec with the M62.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:03 PM
Out catch can has a metal sperator inside, so the oil mist hits the seperator and then goes through a metal filter, then back to the motor. I am not going to argue on Vulcans post. Wade feel free to delete the posts, I was just asking out of curiosity.

Mark-OEM

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:15 PM
anyone can go out and buy any catch can, they all work the same, that has been proven on countless forums...no need to beat a dead horse, the ebay one works just as good as the greddy ones....as far as the TB goes thats all being worked out, and our setup allows the hood to close, and the hood prop to sit down completly with out making contact with the pulley

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:19 PM
Thats awesome, just asking. What you guys doign about the PCV baffle?

Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:21 PM
Monday, August 17, 2009 1:00 AM
i guess i need to keep an eye on this thread...everyone seams to think i need something bigger then a m45 charger for my motor...and this manifold has got my vote

i can only imagine what times i would run with that beast

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more
Monday, August 17, 2009 7:52 AM
OEM wrote:Does vulcan plan on having an option for a catch can, or how about a different Tb. I know alot of people wont want to use a ECO TB.
Mark-OEM

Using an eco TB seems like the best route to me becuase there is not much room between the inlet of the sc and the battery. Making an adapter plate would leave you with less room then bolting the the tb to the sc unless the sc had a 90 degree bend then bolted on. However then it would really limit you on how your run your intake and air filter.

There are a few advantages to the eco tb too. Stock 2.4 tb is 52mm and can only be bored safely to 56mm. Stock eco tb is 56mm and SMG can bore them to 62mm. The only real downside I can see is that you would need spend about 30 bucks on an eco tb. Also if you had a bigger 2.4 tb then it would be un useable. Then again you could always sell it. I am probably going to include my 56mm bored out 2.4 tb with my m45 kit when I sell it.

Monday, August 17, 2009 8:01 AM
Wade Jarvis wrote:
OEM wrote:Does vulcan plan on having an option for a catch can, or how about a different Tb. I know alot of people wont want to use a ECO TB.
Mark-OEM

Using an eco TB seems like the best route to me becuase there is not much room between the inlet of the sc and the battery. Making an adapter plate would leave you with less room then bolting the the tb to the sc unless the sc had a 90 degree bend then bolted on. However then it would really limit you on how your run your intake and air filter.

There are a few advantages to the eco tb too. Stock 2.4 tb is 52mm and can only be bored safely to 56mm. Stock eco tb is 56mm and SMG can bore them to 62mm. The only real downside I can see is that you would need spend about 30 bucks on an eco tb. Also if you had a bigger 2.4 tb then it would be un useable. Then again you could always sell it. I am probably going to include my 56mm bored out 2.4 tb with my m45 kit when I sell it.

I am pretty sure that the TPS and IACV are not the same, as far as wiring goes. So rewiring would be needed. In my eyes a silicone 90 would be easier to attach then a rewiring job. The stock TB can be bored and sleeved to 65 where as the ECO can only go to around 63. I have bored out a ECO to 62 and it leave the walls very very thin almost to thin.The inlet of the supercharger is 2.75" also 69mm, so a 65-67 MM LD9 would be a better to me. I am not trying to start anything, just wanting to understand the reasoning. What about the PCV baffle, do you include them? Are your flanges O-ringed? Are the nipples welded or are they threaded brass fittings?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search