finally turboed chris gatti's cavlier - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: finally turboed chris gatti's cavlier
Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:53 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I can not say this this setup, but a friends car had a massive intercooler that we thought was way over kill. Until tuning time. As we watched the iats drop as we took gear after gear. The harder we pushed the more they dropped. Stock motor we made 314whp nd 326 (I think ) wtq. We eve mace 356wtq on one pull.

what boost level was that at...... and philly, i can replicate arrons hot side setup for anybody who wants one.

mike

i make neons and j-bodys go fast

Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:03 PM
Mike now i think of it aaron ran a equivalent sized ic with this exact turbo! What did he make, not to mention jims set up had a bigger ic and a smaller turbo.
Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:56 PM
ammfab wrote:i can replicate arrons hot side setup for anybody who wants one.

Looks like there's gonna be a used m62 kit available soon...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:17 PM
Wow beautiful welds!

You should seriously offer a kit. Dont forget about the LD9 though

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:24 PM
again thanks guys....... i have no problem fixturing this stuff but when i spent the money to digi and fixture the header that sold a total of 2 to date it kinda feel like it will be the same thing all over again u know. i can do this style mani or the full tubular like aarons, or both depending on how much u want to spend. and chris.... aaron made 296whp at 10psi with his car after i redid his whole turbo setup and remember he was air fuel tuning. if it had trifecta at the time it probably would have put down ~330whp at 10 psi.

mike

Friday, December 28, 2012 12:52 PM
ammfab wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:I can not say this this setup, but a friends car had a massive intercooler that we thought was way over kill. Until tuning time. As we watched the iats drop as we took gear after gear. The harder we pushed the more they dropped. Stock motor we made 314whp nd 326 (I think ) wtq. We eve mace 356wtq on one pull.

what boost level was that at...... and philly, i can replicate arrons hot side setup for anybody who wants one.

mike

I think 17 psi. On a eBay turbo and manifold.

FU Tuning

Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:18 AM
Finally got it tuned car is on 9lb making 239hp
Unfortunately there was boost creep so rev is set at 6k not to happy there!
Im gonna find the creep and take it back to tune it again.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:13 AM
One day I'll get my valve train from my LSJ head back and my v-band clamp.......one day.

I think you would of sold more headers had you not been absent from this site for nearly the past 2 years and had some of your dealings with its members gone a bit....well lets say smoother.

You do fantastic work tho.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:57 AM
Chris Gatti wrote:Finally got it tuned car is on 9lb making 239hp

wait.... 9lb making 239.... ? Built motor?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:26 PM
Mike are you on Honda Tech? I think Im looking at some of your stuff in the fab forum Haha. All Motor Mike Fab. ammfab. I get it now.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:10 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Chris Gatti wrote:Finally got it tuned car is on 9lb making 239hp

wait.... 9lb making 239.... ? Built motor?

Yes 9lb making 239 stock motor

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:16 AM
newt i pmed u a few months back but since i didnt get a responce i told evofire chris ide give it to him to send to u becasue he said he talks to u often. he was joking around with me about it at one of the meets. i still have the stock springs retainers and flanges if u still want them just tell me where to send them. and stuff went south for me shortly after sending u the parts for ur car and ive been trying to get out of the hole ever since. which im glad to say as of late november im out of. hence chris's car now being turboed..... but anyways thanks for the good words and just pm me if u want that stuff.

builtnboosted....... its a completely stock engine with turbo kit and 3" tubro back exhaust. why do u say that. i was actually thinking it would have made a little more to be honest but the was wishful thinking i guess.

brian...... lmao yes that is me and uve cracked the code sir.

mike

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:55 AM
Mike - Glad to hear things turned around, I know it is hard to run a side business while keeping up with your daytime job and a family. Check you PM's.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:04 PM
ammfab wrote:
builtnboosted....... its a completely stock engine with turbo kit and 3" turbo back exhaust. why do u say that. i was actually thinking it would have made a little more to be honest but the was wishful thinking i guess.

mike

I just wondered based upon turbo size. Not making it into a pissing contest but I made 225/223 on 6.5psi with a 57 trim. Not to mention, and you can confirm with Ryan, but my tune was absolutely 100% @!#$.

With the 60 trim and the bigger exhaust, I personally thought it would come out a bit higher.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:17 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
ammfab wrote:
builtnboosted....... its a completely stock engine with turbo kit and 3" turbo back exhaust. why do u say that. i was actually thinking it would have made a little more to be honest but the was wishful thinking i guess.

mike

I just wondered based upon turbo size. Not making it into a pissing contest but I made 225/223 on 6.5psi with a 57 trim. Not to mention, and you can confirm with Ryan, but my tune was absolutely 100% @!#$.

With the 60 trim and the bigger exhaust, I personally thought it would come out a bit higher.

I was aming 250-260
I think once i find the boost creep and have my rev set at 7k i may see better numbers hopefully.
...... any thoughts where the creep maybe?
Checked wg has a new diaphragm lines coming off Turbo to the bottom fitting on the wg.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:56 PM
Chris Gatti wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
ammfab wrote:

mike

I was aming 250-260
I think once i find the boost creep and have my rev set at 7k i may see better numbers hopefully.
...... any thoughts where the creep maybe?
Checked wg has a new diaphragm lines coming off Turbo to the bottom fitting on the wg.

That is how I have my Tial set up.

Boost reference off the turbo to the bottom nipple, top nipple is vented to atmosphere......that is how the Tial website shows to set it up properly. If you have a bleed off boost controller just run it inline on that hose and still keep the top vented open.

Zero boost creep for me that way on my 63 trim and 6psi.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:46 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
ammfab wrote:

mike

damn i keep forgetting the 6k rpm limit and that if we were revving higher it would have made more..... especially since the turbo size and the short runners on the intake manifold (mind u guys these vulcan sucks, there no radiusing at all going from plenum floor to runner). what are u revving to sir?

mike

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:59 PM
the 225/223 was around the 6k mark as well. With CRAPPY 2.5" exhaust. Ineffecient charge pipes, horrible tune.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:18 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:the 225/223 was around the 6k mark as well. With CRAPPY 2.5" exhaust. Ineffecient charge pipes, horrible tune.

post a pic of the graph

mike

Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:11 AM
ammfab wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:the 225/223 was around the 6k mark as well. With CRAPPY 2.5" exhaust. Ineffecient charge pipes, horrible tune.

post a pic of the graph

mike

Ill have to keep checking my photobucket for the 225/223 one. If not I will have to get a pic of the sheet when I go to my parents. I know I have them in a folder there.

This one is the 322/283 at 15.5psi with the cracked manifold. Ill keep looking for my first one. I know it was at the bast just cant recall which one.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:21 PM
You have any pics of underneath?

Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:01 AM
Your boost creep may be from the wastegate positioning. The exhaust flow is going to naturally carry velocity into the Turbo instead of out the wastegate from the angle it has. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot you candor to fix that with the design of the Turbo manifold. Read maximum boost by corktly bell to really understand what I'm talking about.

Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:21 PM
also try taking boost reference from the manifold, not the turbo.

horsepower is how hard you hit the wall, Torque is how far you push the wall with you
Friday, February 15, 2013 5:41 AM
W monkey- yes I did kinda think about that too and was thinking of trying a bigger wastegate idk if that would fully fix the problem wg would still be in the same location?

Josh- good idea I have yet to try that and it would be quick and easy!

One my friends is saying to get a controller I don't see that helping with me all ready having a 4lb spring tho?
Friday, February 15, 2013 2:51 PM

This explains it best.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search