is there anyway - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: is there anyway
Saturday, February 02, 2013 11:08 AM
ok here i think i found some info on what i was trying to http://www.cobbtuning.com/Technical-Articles-s/70674.htm do

Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:06 PM
Its not a subaru a j body has no need to confuse or fake its signal... it doesnt read the boost therefor a simple boost controller will work
Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:15 PM
thanks you
Saturday, February 02, 2013 11:24 PM
Just make sure you get a real boost controller not an ebay crap one... turbosmart makes a really good one... i have a brand new one for sale if you need one...
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:01 AM
I'm guessing he wants to be able to run some insane pressure without the risk of blowing up his car while he drives it to work. So yeah, with a boost controller (which has nothing to do with the turbo oil system) you will be able to blow up you car whenever you want. Just remember that you need to know more about EFI than turbocharging to do what I think you want to do.

It's more complicated, but sorta makes sense, have a dependable car when you need it, but easily be able to turn up the boost pressure and a quick re-tune for the track. That way if you blow it up, you may be able to have some sort of preparedness... I guess

I just pull out the waste-gate cotter pin when I'm running lean or having issues, flash my version of the stock tune (just bumped up a little to account for piping restrictions) and up the fp 10psi. Burns less gas, and I can drive the car if there's an issue relating to boost. (boost leak, spark timing, running lean, other stuff...)

I roll on steelies. Work-in-progress daily-sleeper potential.
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/60493/
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:11 PM
Just use a dimmer switch. You can turn the turbo on, off and adjust it anywhere in between. They can be had at your local Home Depot for about $20.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:47 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:

I find it funny that you thought I was serious about the electric turbo. Doesn't anybody know how to properly troll these idiots?

-I drive my car to work-
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:15 PM
To answer ur question sir . Nope idiots are too stupid to troll.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search