m45 ld9 build asking for opinions - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: m45 ld9 build asking for opinions
Monday, June 03, 2013 10:27 AM
i heard some rumor that they would discount the venom cooler on chargers if you proved the difference in iat's from before vs after? i dont know if thats true or not, i have been doing a TON of reading lately on this sort of shit.

mikey... oh mikey.... hehe figure out how to drill the rotors so i dont have to spend 500 bucks on it.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!

Monday, June 03, 2013 12:32 PM
Yeah lol com on mikey !!!!!! And that would be awsome to get a discount for providing info!

I Love My J ♡
Monday, June 03, 2013 2:49 PM
Jegs has a lot of stuff for our jbodys they got the same h beams as jbody performance for 357$ not 700+ and the gmpp m45 complete kit for 2300$ including reflash

I Love My J ♡
Monday, June 03, 2013 5:26 PM
Mikey you said Ho ca m towers are 100% bolt on in an ld9 head? I read other places you can only use the exhaust tower and have to mod ld9 intake tower is this true or are you corrrect its just easy bolt on?

I Love My J ♡
Monday, June 03, 2013 6:17 PM
all quad family towers will bolt on all quad family engines. its just when you do 2.3 towers, at least the intake side anyway on an LD9 you lose power steering.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 3:45 AM
Who needs power steering

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:07 PM
Well brad and mike where can I have luck finding w41 cams I believe that is the root I wanna go is there a part number to buy new or would it be cheaper to have a set ground from blanks for the ld9 with w41 specs? Ima call wisco and have them make up a set of 11.5:1 pistons a sponser here has the best deal on eagle h beams Jegs has best deal I've found on the m45 kit and etc and also does anybody have a recomondation on a popular meth kit ? Pirty much ironing out the details of the build now and then ima start getting parts together etc thanks to all you guys who have helped with advice on all this I really appreciate it all!!!

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:50 AM
w41 cams arent easy to find. if you wanna pay to play i know jeff "draftinwitjr" over on quad4forums will sell you a set. new cams will probably be impossible to locate. you can try though.... just sit down with ur local stealership and figure it out. he can also sell you blanks for the right price.

as for a meth kit, i went with a snow performance stage 1 kit.. then further upgraded from there with the float level kit for the tank and the anti siphoning solenoid. i love it, it has never let me down and works great. dont know that its the best or the cheapest but its what i chose and i stand behind its performance.

Friday, June 07, 2013 3:51 AM
It would be nice to pick up a set of blanks for the ld9 and have them ground to w41 specs and I'm going to pick up the car this weekend 01 z24 fully loaded 123,000 on it $1200 and 5 speed! Then time to get started on getting the parts togeather and get the build going hope we get some over time at work here soon that would be nice! Haha but ima keep you on mind brad if you don't mind if I pm you on stuff from time to time if I need help finding something etc

I Love My J ♡
Friday, June 07, 2013 7:59 AM
If I had a set of blanks I certainly would not waste them by having them ground to w41 specs. Buy w41s if that's all you want. There are much better cam profiles you could go with if you had a set of blanks.

Friday, June 07, 2013 8:18 AM
lol ryan tell scott kesterke that grinding blanks to w41 spec is a waste. he made what 530whp on pump gas with them?

Friday, June 07, 2013 10:21 AM
And a bigger cam profile wouldn't have made more power? I though the OP wanted to make the most of the m45?

my point was that there are w41 cams already out there, and that some custom big lift blower cams would be better.

Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:32 PM
well see on that i just dont know to be honest... the problem with that is when you do the max pullies spinning the m45 past 7000 really isnt gaining much.. if anything. mine makes no more boost past like 4000 rpm to be honest. its cool that it stays up there but still, it just gets unbelievably hot. over 200 degree iat's without meth/water injection.. damn near INSTANTLY. on meth/water though its tameable. still would be cool to have some more cooling mods though.

if it keeps the boost would it be ok to spin to the 8000 big cams would require? that is something NOBODY can accurately answer til someone actually does it.

Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:48 PM
I'm not wanting to spin my engine much ferther than 7000rpm if any I'm not worryed bout 9000 rpm lol I'm gonna still dd the car and want some power down low plus the w41 are a decent sized cam for the 2.4 and got decent lope I just wanna get into 12s and run a m45 I love the wine other wise I would go all motor but roots blowers just sound awsome I just figured a set of blanks for an ld9 ground to them specs would be a nice bolt in so I ain't gotta bore for lifters and do power steering hex insert etc it would be a pain free install with new lifters and fresh w41 springs

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, June 08, 2013 10:24 PM
i think you are confused... you cannot get ld9 blanks. only quad 4 blanks.

Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:58 AM
Oh my bad i figured I could get ld9 blanks

I Love My J ♡
Monday, June 10, 2013 4:01 PM
nope. and even the quad blanks are hard to find... very hard.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:54 PM
Damn that sucks looks like ill just hunt down some w41s had a delay pick up the new car this Thursday 2001 5 speed fully loaded

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, August 01, 2013 5:24 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol ryan tell scott kesterke that grinding blanks to w41 spec is a waste. he made what 530whp on pump gas with them?

yeah i couldnt find W41s anywhere and i wish i wouldve got the blanks ground into something else now hoever Brad, it made 548whp and 493wtq on pump gas (94 octane) not too shabby i think

Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:12 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol ryan tell scott kesterke that grinding blanks to w41 spec is a waste. he made what 530whp on pump gas with them?

yeah i couldnt find W41s anywhere and i wish i wouldve got the blanks ground into something else now hoever Brad, it made 548whp and 493wtq on pump gas (94 octane) not too shabby i think

So glad I have a set of W41's,

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:35 PM
I can still get them new.. but like 240 each (yes brad, I sill have the invoice for the cams in that car...)

If I was building a 2.4 ...NOT THAT I AM. (LOL), I would run junkyard HO cams and call it day.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:19 AM
Just a side note. Brad depending on the rotor material is shouldn't be had to gun drill them out. Most good machine shops should be able to do it easily.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:18 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:I can still get them new.. but like 240 each (yes brad, I sill have the invoice for the cams in that car...)

If I was building a 2.4 ...NOT THAT I AM. (LOL), I would run junkyard HO cams and call it day.

Chris

huh? lol you gave me the invoice man

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:20 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Just a side note. Brad depending on the rotor material is shouldn't be had to gun drill them out. Most good machine shops should be able to do it easily.

i dont think it'd be as easy as you assume... the rotors have a pretty good twist to them. its not exactly just drilling a straight hole. in fact i have no idea how steigemeier even does it. it has to take some tricky work on a cnc or something....

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:04 PM
Get me a pic of a rotor side view and front on.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search