Got a M62, need a few things, have a few Q's - Page 3 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Got a M62, need a few things, have a few Q's
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:34 AM
Here's mine for reference. I happened to come across that metal elbow but two silicone elbows and a straight piece of pipe in the middle would work just as well.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:36 AM
Ultimately I plan on relocating the Battery, running a short pipe for PCV and having a big ole filter there. Until then, I found a filter that I could tap the base of for PCV, I've done this on other motors before with success. The Filter is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-8166-Small-Filter/dp/B000BPZ4YG#productDetails I found it local for cheap, otherwise I'm not sure I'll have stuff in time.

The TB is a 3" OD right?

Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:29 PM
Anyone Have Torque Specs for for the install? Is it really only like 10ft/lbs for the intake manifold and 15 for the S/C?

Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:56 PM
Long Day.

I have two issues, both vac leaks I think!. At idle, my AFR is over 17, rough and having a hard time staying low. I didn't have the O-Ring for the S/C adaptor TB side. Prior owner used RTV, so I tried that and it didn't work too well. It didn't look like it, but has anyone used the stock T/B gasket ring on the TB adaptor?

The other spot I'm worried about is the Intake Manifold and it may require taping the hole for an m8 bolt

I'm hoping it is back up for monday, or I'm walking to work.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:02 PM
You definitely need that gasket. I think zzp sells it relatively cheap.

For bolts, you have two options. Drilling and tapping is the smarter option as long as you're comfortable doing it. If not, any hardware store(fastenal for example) can get you the correct shoulder bolts. They will be m6 thread with an m8 shoulder to locate the manifold properly. Otherwise it'll float around and cause the leaks you're experiencing.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:06 PM
Any idea where to get the gasket for the TB? Best I can tell it is PN 12593905 and not online at all.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:08 PM
Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:10 PM
This one or the other side?

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/775-LSJ-Throttlebody-Gasket.aspx

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:46 PM
Otherside.

The side the TB attaches to.

Im going to do a proper RTV job tomorrow hopefully. I'll stop by the hardware store tomorrow and see what they have for bolts.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:51 PM
Having not looked at mine in awhile I have to guess it's the same as the stock one so it seals to the stock tb.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:56 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:Taken from Matts ultimate m62 guide, you need:

5 of these:
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/0154418;jsessionid=1tf2T38QgF1892RB0J4vTvpSn6sdV96LVGyT2fG1n1JJcCxlG7p2!-940786148!1721371041?isPunchout=false

2 of these:
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/0154419?isPunchout=false

I ordered those when I originally installed the kit. The shoulder area on the bolts actually extended about 1/16" past the back of the manifold. I ended up using a washer with each bolt during the install to solve that issue.

Mark, if you need me to cover the cost of replacement hardware, let me know. I feel bad that this install isn't going smoothly.

Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:06 AM
Thanks man. I appreciate that. I'm wondering if I'm missing a washer. I'll check. That would certainly cause my issue. You used one washer on each shouldered bolt right?

Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:07 AM
Mark wrote:Thanks man. I appreciate that. I'm wondering if I'm missing a washer. I'll check. That would certainly cause my issue. You used one washer on each shouldered bolt right?

Yeah, one on each

Sunday, March 30, 2014 5:38 PM
Well, I Helicoiled the stripped thread with great results. Unfortunately, it still isn't running 100%. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow for a gasket, should have done that before. Live and learn.

if it ran at a 2/10 before, it is more of a 4/10. It almost stumbles, almost like it isn't firing right. its a consistent but very rough idle.

It isn't throwing any codes now (I only let it idle and to reverse out of garage), but it had thrown one for cyl 2 missfire before fixing the manifold bolt. I'm considering picking up an injector and trying that out in cyl 2, is it possible that my lean condition and the miss could be a bad injector?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 30, 2014 5:38 PM

Sunday, March 30, 2014 5:48 PM
Try swapping the injector with another cylinder and see if the problem follows the injector.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 31, 2014 5:45 AM
Check the FPR to intake mani vacuum hose. I had that break and the car logged a cylinder 2 misfire code.

Monday, March 31, 2014 7:49 AM
That one is fine.

I'm picking up the gaskets in the Morning from the dealer, Amazon will deliver the injector in the afternoon.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 6:42 PM
I got new gaskets from the dealer today, only to find out it still ran like s**t. I then pulled the plugs and saw that cyl 2 looked like there had almost never been combustion, while the other plugs were all even. I compression tested to rule out valvetrain and then the UPS guy dropped me off a new injector. Fired up and purred like a kitten!

I drove it around but kept it 4k or under. Didn't want to beat on it too hard just yet. Sounds great! I do sound a bit raspy at times, but not at all bad. When I can swing a new catback I'll be happy.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 7:07 PM
What was the gasket you needed from the dealer ?

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 7:34 PM
Tim, the intake manifold to head gasket

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 3:07 AM
Awesome news man. Glad it's running well now.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 6:31 AM
Doing my install soon
And don't wanna run into not haveing any parts

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:11 AM
Truthfully, My install is not over! I'm waiting on the bracket from ZZP to mount my pump and I need to make something to support my tank for the heat exchanger. Driving it easy and watching IAT until done.

Friday, April 04, 2014 8:19 AM
Sanity Check:

I'm plumbing the heat exchanger today and will be using the diagram in the M62 Ultimate Guide. Heated water should go into the Top port on the ZZP Exchanger? Cool Water back out the bottom?

Friday, April 04, 2014 5:27 PM
I believe I went hot in the bottom.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search